Cases rising or dropping by you?

Florida's new cases today were 2,340, which is a little lower than we've been averaging. Both the 7-day and 14 day positivity rates are below 5%

View attachment 526310

Florida also reported 152 deaths. These deaths happened on 58 different days, the earliest being June 20th. Also, one death was removed from June 10th.

edit: the median age of the deaths reported today was 78.

edit 2: the oldest reported death today was age 105. If you get to live that long, you’ve had a good life.

Last edited:
My state (WI) is absolutely out of control, and absolutely nothing is being done about it. It’s so frustrating. This truly seems never ending at this point.
I’m also in WI and completely understand your frustration. I’m so far past frustration though and am now downright angry at how nothing is being done, people have stopped caring and they just argue about everything. I’m tired of the restrictions just as much as anyone, but giving up isn’t going to make it go away.

Florida also reported 152 deaths. These deaths happened on 58 different days, the earliest being June 20th. Also, one death was removed from June 10th.

edit: the median age of the deaths reported today was 78.

edit 2: the oldest reported death today was age 105. If you get to live that long, you’ve had a good life.
What was the YOUNGEST death. That is what I’d be interested in seeing.

I’m also in WI and completely understand your frustration. I’m so far past frustration though and am now downright angry at how nothing is being done, people have stopped caring and they just argue about everything. I’m tired of the restrictions just as much as anyone, but giving up isn’t going to make it go away.

Is it because of the University in Madison?

Well TBH COVID is part of your medical history so I don't think anyone needs to feel like you need to admit to your family and friends so long as you're staying away from them and for sure don't go out and about in the public while you're still considered contagious. As far as where you got it if contact tracing has determined it was from travel there ya go but otherwise it's still fairly difficult to pinpoint in most cases. TBH I'm always amazed when you read about events in the news where they've been able to do that robust contact tracing and pinpoint it down to the best of their ability. That's why whenever I read the cluster summary for my state (which now they give the locations and the names of those places) I take that with the dose of reality that the bulk of the cases are still not from identifiable clusters.

Contact tracers are a different story. Should you be forthright with a contact tracer? IMO Yes because they aren't there to judge. But I can understand how privacy concerns arise and other such things that make one not feel as comfortable disclosing. I know how delicate it's been when it comes to the protests for a contact tracers job. I would imagine that travel is the same.
At least they quarantined. They told their company (which sounds like they were supposed to based on your comment of needed to know) and they chose to quarantine. Sounds like a good example to me. It doesn't bother me personally if they didn't disclose to their family and friends. They stayed away from folks.
That was the point of the shaming thread. The intent of that thread wasn't that people were lying (which is what got the conversation going). That thread was supposed to be a spot where people could largely go for a less judgmental tone. FWIW I remember all the talk when Irma was going on. People sought out certain threads where they didn't get the whole "you're taking away gas and food and hotel space from Floridians how dare you, you're awful, etc" despite the fact that most of those posters didn't have a clue what the other posters plans were.
I don't doubt that someone has gotten it at some point there. I don't doubt that someone has gotten it from a grocery store either. But to answer your question I don't remember reading someone getting it from WDW here. Admittedly most of my threads haven't been about WDW travel at the moment other than seeing in passing people mention they still have trips planned, went on trips (and from what they wrote it went well) or just discussing WDW COVID procedures in general. It's also possible I read it but have forgotten :o
My post was a response to a poster on this thread that said he hadn't heard of anyone getting Covid at Disney. Someone on the DIS has said her family did. I wasn't going to post that info, because I can't remember what thread I read it in to offer proof. I was hoping someone with a better memory had also read her post & could share her quote without mentioning her username. I do remember that the thread she mentioned it in had people saying, if anyone had gotten it at WDW, we'd know it. She was disputing that, because she did notify WDW. Her experience showed that this information isn't being released. I really wish I could remember the thread, because I don't want to misrepresent anything she said.

FWIW, I don't think they had any obligation to report it to anyone in their community or family, since they were quarantining.

My post was a response to a poster on this thread that said he hadn't heard of anyone getting Covid at Disney. Someone on the DIS has said her family did. I wasn't going to post that info, because I can't remember what thread I read it in to offer proof. I was hoping someone with a better memory had also read her post & could share her quote without mentioning her username. I do remember that the thread she mentioned it in had people saying, if anyone had gotten it at WDW, we'd know it. She was disputing that, because she did notify WDW. Her experience showed that this information isn't being released. I really wish I could remember the thread, because I don't want to misrepresent anything she said.

FWIW, I don't think they had any obligation to report it to anyone in their community or family, since they were quarantining.
My apologies for that confusion on what you were referring to!

I'm sorry I'm no help on the thread you're thinking of, If I happened to have read it I I'm blanking on it unfortunately :o

I'm not sure if you were just interested in FL or other states as well but just in case it was other states this is the present breakdown of mine; the mean age has been holding steady for a while now (either 78 or 79):

From my county (the most populous one in the state):

Up 5.3% in the U.S. nationally the past week. The bounce predicted after people ignored safety precautions over Labor Day.
"US sees rise in both new cases and deaths over past week

Week-over-week comparisons show the number of new COVID-19 cases and the number of new deaths are both increasing in the United States, according to an internal memo from the Federal Emergency Management Agency obtained by ABC News on Thursday night.

Eleven U.S. states and territories are in an upward trajectory of new cases, while 12 jurisdictions are at a plateau and 32 others are going down, the memo said.

There were 269,769 new cases confirmed across the nation during the period of Sept 10-16, a 5.3% jump from the previous week. Meanwhile, 6,015 coronavirus-related deaths were recorded during that same period, a 16.3% increase compared with the seven days prior, according to the memo.

The national positivity rate for COVID-19 tests ticked downward slightly to 4.5%, compared with 5.1% for the previous week, the memo said.

FEMA maps and charts also show a number of emerging COVID-19 hotspots in Wisconsin, which reported a record-breaking 2,034 new cases on Thursday."

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/live-updates/coronavirus/?id=73090294&cid=social_twitter_abcn#73091436

Between Labor Day, schools going back, people moving things indoors more with cooler weather, it is only a matter of time before all the states have rising cases. Just think this is the nature of this beast. We still have a long way to go to get back to normal.

A 2 month old died in my state recently, which has been really headline grabbing. But it is sort of unclear what actually happened, because the child's mother came out and said that his death was related to a serious birth defect. So maybe covid complicated the treatment for an already very ill child?

Sounds like we're heading back to a lock down.......keep everyone home so people don't get it like we did in the spring..............I recorded number from late March to early July.......devastating numbers even during that time and it looks like we're going back to those numbers. 😭 It's like we can't win either way.

California continues to do well overall.
My county is slowly getting there and hopes to move to “Red” on our state step ladder by the end of month.

696DF6E7-A3DA-4C1F-A3AB-75A14FABFF6D.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!