Cases rising or dropping by you?

Sounds like we're heading back to a lock down.......keep everyone home so people don't get it like we did in the spring..............I recorded number from late March to early July.......devastating numbers even during that time and it looks like we're going back to those numbers. 😭 It's like we can't win either way.

Just keep kids at home and keep bars closed.

My county reported 160 new cases today. The news said that it's an uptick most likely attributed to Labor Day activities. People continue to nonchalant about masks even when the county requires them to be worn when inside a business. Wearing it below your nose or chin is not acceptable.

The University of Memphis also suspended all fall sports with 42 athletes testing positive.

My post was a response to a poster on this thread that said he hadn't heard of anyone getting Covid at Disney. Someone on the DIS has said her family did. I wasn't going to post that info, because I can't remember what thread I read it in to offer proof. I was hoping someone with a better memory had also read her post & could share her quote without mentioning her username. I do remember that the thread she mentioned it in had people saying, if anyone had gotten it at WDW, we'd know it. She was disputing that, because she did notify WDW. Her experience showed that this information isn't being released. I really wish I could remember the thread, because I don't want to misrepresent anything she said.

FWIW, I don't think they had any obligation to report it to anyone in their community or family, since they were quarantining.
I saw it too. I remember reading about her family testing positive from their WDW trip. But like you, I’m not sure which thread she posted in.

Rising here. Did well all summer, mostly under 100. Rose slowly. Today we’re at 400+😞
Hopefully the fines they have put in place will help stop the parties people are having. I am trying to figure out why Toronto and Peel have such an issue. I get they have a big population but they had low numbers all summer and now are where the majority of Ontario's cases are.

Hopefully the fines they have put in place will help stop the parties people are having. I am trying to figure out why Toronto and Peel have such an issue. I get they have a big population but they had low numbers all summer and now are where the majority of Ontario's cases are.
Outbreaks at 2 strip clubs, University and house parties. Hope they actually enforce fines as in the past only a handful got fined so it didn’t deter these people.

Outbreaks at 2 strip clubs, University and house parties. Hope they actually enforce fines as in the past only a handful got fined so it didn’t deter these people.
You have to really pound a bump on some people's heads to get them to listen.

Here in South Florida, one restaurant was cited a number of times but continued to violate the regulations. So officials revoked their business license, closed them permanently, and levied a $15,000 fine. That worked.

I know that the entire country of Israel just closed down again and I hear cases are also on the rise in Spain. It's hard to know these days as it seems like some don't want us to know the actual numbers. Nothing is clear and this is something that brings no ease. I've worked through the entirety of the pandemic and I know that cases are down where I work knock on wood. I'm in the Philadelphia area.

Yes, and with varying degrees of effectiveness.

Here in South Florida, we originally tried the criminal response and it was a total joke. Everybody knew that criminal prosecutors were not going to proceed with any cases generated, and that judges would throw the cases out if they did reach the courts. Therefore, the police would not issue criminal citations they knew were going nowhere.

Government leaders quickly realized the problem and converted the enforcement to much more appropriate non-criminal measures, including both zoning and health departments. That has been much more effective.

We have not had any of the way over-the-top measures like turning off water and power service like they did in LA.

In your first-hand experience are hospitalizations and severe outcomes increasing as cases increase? Here it seems the opposite but those numbers are not being reported as clearly and regularly as they once were.
In Ontario our hospitalizations and severe outcomes aren't increasing but it's mostly cause it's the under 40 population that are being stupid. 40 cases are linked back to a party at a college. What I am scared the most about is majority of these people who test positive now refuse to say where they've been. Its hard to do contact tracing that way. My fear is our numbers are going to get back to where they were in spring cause of that. I hope what the fines they put in place make people listen.

In Ontario our hospitalizations and severe outcomes aren't increasing but it's mostly cause it's the under 40 population that are being stupid. 40 cases are linked back to a party at a college. What I am scared the most about is majority of these people who test positive now refuse to say where they've been. Its hard to do contact tracing that way. My fear is our numbers are going to get back to where they were in spring cause of that. I hope what the fines they put in place make people listen.
I think we are seeing a similar trend in Florida, and it's reflected in several key numbers: median age of covid patients, hospitalizations by age, and deaths by age.

Here are our current numbers based on the data below:
  • Median age -- This number is meaningless without context. During our peak, Florida's statewide median patient age was 49. Today, in a state with a population of more than 21 Million and 681,000 cases, that median age has plunged to 37 years in just a few months. That is a huge drop, and reflects an entirely new demographic of patient -- large numbers of young people pulling the average way down.
  • Hospitalizations by age -- patients 55 and over account for 71% of our hospitalizations, and patients 45-54 are another 13%.
  • Deaths by age -- patients 55 and over account for 93% of our deaths.

The numbers of what? Positive tests or hospitalizations and deaths?

My state has been over 20% positivity rate this week. The majority are 10-29 years old. Deaths and Hospitalizations are down. My county has seen 1,000 cases this week, 300 of which are students at the 10,000 student university in town. My 4 year old's daycare is shut down for two weeks as a couple of student staff members and the parent of a child in care have all tested positive this week.

In your first-hand experience are hospitalizations and severe outcomes increasing as cases increase? Here it seems the opposite but those numbers are not being reported as clearly and regularly as they once were.
I haven’t been following the numbers except for what is published by the state, but cases in the hospital have been way down since what we experienced in March and April here. The focus now seems to be preparing for a potential surge.

The numbers of what? Positive tests or hospitalizations and deaths?
Positive tests and hospitalizations. Young people think they are invincible. Even though many don't die from Covid, the side effects are bad in a lot of cases. I really hope the fines they have put in place work to slow the spread in the younger people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter