cash ressies?

Cru*Ella

Earning My Ears
We have used all the points for up to 6/2002 (I know, I know, I can borrow....) :)

We just got back yesterday (10/9) from our most recent trip. DH has this idea that we should go back, just he and I...... quickly! Like December....

We would only be there for a long weekend, and I HATE to use Fri-Sat points at BWV for such a quick trip...

My question is this:

What discounts for cash ressies for DVC members?

and is there a magical phrase to be sure I get the lowest charge?

Having just returned, and also having had two guests along that we paid all expenses for, I hate to embark on a trip in which I didn't get the best deal possible.

Thanks!!

Becky in DE

This is just my opinion, but I don't think you will find any availability for December at BWV using points (maybe that's good news for you? :)). Since availability is so tight for points, I doubt that MS has any availability for cash discounts out of member inventory. Of course, it never hurts to check.
My advice is to check mousesavers and then call CRO to see what they might have that meets your needs. CRO might have some AP discounts left for one of the DVC resorts (even BWV). or even one of the deluxes. Good Luck!

Oh, I DO want to go!!:D

Given the choice, I'd have not come home! But I missed my dog...

I just don't have an understanding of the logistics of cash ressies and availability to use them, and how much less than the rack rate we, as DVC members, are entitled to....

DVC members get 25% off rack rate for cash ressies, if they are available - what you may find is that MS doesn't have cash available, but CRO does; further, you may find that the AP discount via CRO is a better deal than 25% from DVC.

Thanks Firefighter Mickey! That was EXACTLY what I needed to know!

I just told DH the other day that we need AP's.... and so more excuse to visit!

Is the AP discount usually steeper than DVC discount? My DC doesn't get much over 15%, and we prefer to saty at BWV....

FFMickey is correct about the AP rates. When offered they are frequently better than the 25% DVC discount. MS has recently indicated a willingness to match the AP rate for members using cash ressies, so we may have the best of both worlds available.

AP rates are NOT always available and would usually come from unreserved DVC rooms within 60 days of arrival. There is no reason why MS can't offer these rates.

I would sure ask MS about matching any AP rates you are aware of when traveling. DVC cash discounts are rarely available at 11 months and usually are not until within 6 months- at times which are traditionally slow.

Enjoy!

Thanks folks!

We are those guys that always (and only) visit during value (i e : Non-crowded) season.
If rooms are harder to fill then, it seems discounts would prevail....

we shall see! :)

I would check with Dreams Unlimited, there is a link at the top of the Resorts page.

I just booked a weekend one bedroom at BWV through them for $254 per night including tax. It was quick and easy.

I booked the 26 & 27 of this month. Those nights are over 40 points each. The weeknights during this season are even high, they are over 20 points per. You can do better through Dreams than even renting points.

was your great rate due to AP or due to DVC or can Dreams get this as a standard *just because* rate?

I'll spring for AP's if necessary, but have several hoppers with 1 to 2 days on each and wasn't planning on getting AP's until those are close to being gone..

Another ? also..... can I get the AP rate with the vouchers from TDS, or do they need to be active?

Thanks all, for all your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter