Cass & Rob (no Kira) - Bright Suns, Rising Moons, 'Til the Spires!

Your videos were so much fun to watch! Just seeing the constant grin on your husband's face was a day brightener. I think the phrase "kid in a candy store" may apply. Glad you had a great vacation!

Your videos were so much fun to watch! Just seeing the constant grin on your husband's face was a day brightener. I think the phrase "kid in a candy store" may apply. Glad you had a great vacation!

Aww, thanks so much! :hug:

He was definitely a kid in a candy store this whole trip! ::yes:::laughing:

Thank you for posting these videos. I was able to watch them again today. It is a great way to escape the craziness right now. I hope your doing well, and staying home and isolating and staying healthy!

I hope that your feeling better now. It sucks to get so sick once you are home from a holiday. I had that happen once on my way home from Vegas once. I don't know what I picked up, but I had a flu for 4 weeks after that trip.

Thanks for a great report! I am now dreaming of visiting Galaxy's Edge. Don't listen to the critics. Some folks are just jealous. I enjoy your reports! I also enjoy watching Kira grow. <3

Thank you for posting these videos. I was able to watch them again today. It is a great way to escape the craziness right now. I hope your doing well, and staying home and isolating and staying healthy!

I hope that your feeling better now. It sucks to get so sick once you are home from a holiday. I had that happen once on my way home from Vegas once. I don't know what I picked up, but I had a flu for 4 weeks after that trip.

Yes, it's a nice escape, I have watched them all at least once since all of this craziness happened!

I am feeling much better, thank you! :flower::hug:

It does suck to get sick on vacation! People always say well if you're sick, at least you're at Disney but when I am sick, I just want my own bed and my dog next to me! ::yes::

Thanks for a great report! I am now dreaming of visiting Galaxy's Edge. Don't listen to the critics. Some folks are just jealous. I enjoy your reports! I also enjoy watching Kira grow. <3

Thanks for your kind words :hug:

I am dreaming of being on DCL again and getting back to DL so Kira could see GE! :cool1::goodvibes:cloud9:

I just found the link to this TR in your Christmas cruise report and read the whole thing. :thumbsup2 Of course now I have a lot to say because I'm commenting on it all at once. :teeth: 1. Sorry you came across the nastiness of the other site - it just sucks because you can't "unsee" that stuff - but as others have said, we all enjoy reading your trip reports and at least if they are reading them they are adding to your "read count". Losers. :goodvibes 2. I feel extremely embarrassed that we went to SWGE last October and I couldn't have told you half the detail that you've told us in this TR! :blush: We aren't SW fans at all, and now that is in-my-face obvious :lmao:as I had no clue about half the references you have here. Ha ha. I guess that does go to show that you can have no clue about SWs and still enjoy SWGE. 3. I have never been to Coronado Springs but it looks really beautiful and much nicer than I thought it would be. Too bad you only got to enjoy the pool once. 4. Sucks that you were sick at the end of the trip and sorry that you have taken so long to recover from it. DH travels a lot for business and the couple of times he has flown with a really nasty head cold the pressurization in the cabin really seems to make it worse, and then prolong it. Another great trip and thankfully you got to experience it before the lockdown began. ::yes:: Thanks for taking the time and sharing it - it looks like it was an awesome trip.

Hi @Timon, long time reader of your Wonder reports, first time caller. So sorry, people are such creeps on the internet when they have anonymity to protect them. I've been debating posting a TR of our Xmas 2019 trip to Galaxy's Edge but we're a pretty private family for exactly this reason. I posted one years ago but then went back and deleted all the pics of my kid. We had such a blast though, even in the driving rain, it would be fun to share. My youngest was in his stroller wearing a Kylo Ren mask and one of the stormtroopers bent over him and told him that his loyalty was appreciated, just like Rob!

I wonder if the cold you got may have been COVID? Did they test you guys for antibodies? Glad you're all feeling better!

The day we ended up in the ER, I was Googling something and came across a very mean-spirited website that was created basically to judge, shame and belittle DISers. In a brief moment of sheer stupidity, I decided to read some of the posts and came across my name several times. It was all very petty remarks, stuff about me making up the fact that I have an auto-immune disease, my ugly baggy eyes, Kira's meal choices on one of our cruises, Rob's pants and my food choices on vacation, etc. :rolleyes2

Life is hard and people suck.
vader.gif

Hello. I've read a few of your reports. Thank you for sharing your vacations.

... haters gonna hate, Cass. I like the way you handled that situation.

I almost missed this report! :eek:

To my dear Canadian friends.... I just read page 1 of your report. Whoa! Do NOT let those people get you down. Your family is so very sweet and ya'll are such cuties! I have been with you guys since before Kira was born and I have always loved reading of your adventures. I would be very sad if you decided not to share them with us.

Now I've got some nice catching up reading to do. I can't wait to find out what you guys have been up to.

Cass, keep up the good work - you are a very special person (and a great writer!).
:thumbsup2:cloud9: :hug: :worship:

Last edited:
I just found the link to this TR in your Christmas cruise report and read the whole thing. :thumbsup2 Of course now I have a lot to say because I'm commenting on it all at once. :teeth: 1. Sorry you came across the nastiness of the other site - it just sucks because you can't "unsee" that stuff - but as others have said, we all enjoy reading your trip reports and at least if they are reading them they are adding to your "read count". Losers. :goodvibes 2. I feel extremely embarrassed that we went to SWGE last October and I couldn't have told you half the detail that you've told us in this TR! :blush: We aren't SW fans at all, and now that is in-my-face obvious :lmao:as I had no clue about half the references you have here. Ha ha. I guess that does go to show that you can have no clue about SWs and still enjoy SWGE. 3. I have never been to Coronado Springs but it looks really beautiful and much nicer than I thought it would be. Too bad you only got to enjoy the pool once. 4. Sucks that you were sick at the end of the trip and sorry that you have taken so long to recover from it. DH travels a lot for business and the couple of times he has flown with a really nasty head cold the pressurization in the cabin really seems to make it worse, and then prolong it. Another great trip and thankfully you got to experience it before the lockdown began. ::yes:: Thanks for taking the time and sharing it - it looks like it was an awesome trip.

Thanks for your comments and for reading :goodvibes

There's always going to be trolls, I guess, huh? Some people are only happy when they are unhappy, I know this all too well. :cool:

You are so right! Huge SW fans can enjoy it, notice all of the easter eggs but the non-sw fans can enjoy it too! Same with Pandora I guess. That's the great thing about Disney, it's for everyone but some people are more moved by it than others. 🥰

Despite that horrible cold, it was a great trip and we are so glad we went! 😊

Hi @Timon, long time reader of your Wonder reports, first time caller. So sorry, people are such creeps on the internet when they have anonymity to protect them. I've been debating posting a TR of our Xmas 2019 trip to Galaxy's Edge but we're a pretty private family for exactly this reason. I posted one years ago but then went back and deleted all the pics of my kid. We had such a blast though, even in the driving rain, it would be fun to share. My youngest was in his stroller wearing a Kylo Ren mask and one of the stormtroopers bent over him and told him that his loyalty was appreciated, just like Rob!

I wonder if the cold you got may have been COVID? Did they test you guys for antibodies? Glad you're all feeling better!

I am so glad you came out of lurkdom to reply :cool1:

I have struggled with the whole privacy issue since I started doing trip reports back in 2005. I have had my moments of posting too much and then I have gone and deleted stuff too. I ended up deleting my entire cassworld website due to that issue. It's a tough balance, you want to post enough to engage your readers but too much and well, we all know what can happen. :rolleyes2 Maybe do your report but limit photos of your kiddo? Sounds like it was a fun trip...rain and the First Order. :p:rotfl2:

As soon as they open up antibody testing for everyone here, we will be going to get rested. I think we may have had it but Rob doesn't agree. :scratchin

Hello. I've read a few of your reports. Thank you for sharing your vacations.

... haters gonna hate, Cass. I like the way you handled that situation.

Thanks so much for the kind words :hug:

I didn't do anything really....took a big breath and ignored them. :lmao:

I almost missed this report! :eek:

To my dear Canadian friends.... I just read page 1 of your report. Whoa! Do NOT let those people get you down. Your family is so very sweet and ya'll are such cuties! I have been with you guys since before Kira was born and I have always loved reading of your adventures. I would be very sad if you decided not to share them with us.

Now I've got some nice catching up reading to do. I can't wait to find out what you guys have been up to.

Cass, keep up the good work - you are a very special person (and a great writer!).
:thumbsup2:cloud9: :hug: :worship:

LOL, I knew you would find it, you always do. :goodvibes

Did you get a chance to read it all yet? :p

Thanks for the always kind comments you post! It means the world to me. :hug: :hug: :hug:

There are days now where I think the next trip will NOT be documented in a trip report and then there are days where I think, whoa, how can I not do a trip report? :rolleyes1

I enjoy reading them over when I am missing Disney and need a pick-me-up, and since my memory isn't so fantastic sometimes, it's nice to have all the details written down before I forget it all. ::yes:::rotfl2:

LOL, I knew you would find it, you always do. :goodvibes

Did you get a chance to read it all yet? :p

Thanks for the always kind comments you post! It means the world to me. :hug: :hug: :hug:

There are days now where I think the next trip will NOT be documented in a trip report and then there are days where I think, whoa, how can I not do a trip report? :rolleyes1

I enjoy reading them over when I am missing Disney and need a pick-me-up, and since my memory isn't so fantastic sometimes, it's nice to have all the details written down before I forget it all. ::yes:::rotfl2:

:wave:

No, I haven't read it all yet. But, I am working on it. I really feel out of sorts lately with everything that is going on. And, "working from home" from my university still doesn't feel right to me. But, when I need a pick-me-up, I know what I am going to do! I really want to be able to savor all of it. :thumbsup2

PLEASE you must continue with your trip reports! We are all here for you and waiting for more. I enjoy living thru your adventures and I've always learned a lot of tips from ya'll. :hug:

Last edited:
I just came upon this today and decided to read. I was an opening day cast member at Galaxy's Edge, specifically in Savi's Workshop and was there up until the parks closed. Sadly won't be returning since I was a DCP participant and that program has been suspended indefinitely so I was separated from the company. I'd been looking to see if anyone actually went to Savi's and lo-and-behold finally found someone. Too bad I couldn't see myself in any photo or video you took (if you did, I probably would've convinced you to choose Elemental Nature lol), but I can say you were with a good crew especially Kyleigh, the gatherer who helped with Rob's saber. I'm sorry it was difficult to hear during the build, that's something we've struggled to fix for some time and that corner in particular can be very difficult. I'm glad it was still a good experience.

Also, I got to say it's very impressive how much you picked up on in the land. Most everything you mentioned were things that I was drilled on through a very long training process as well as brought up to me later on, like the mini-Millennium Falcon. I will add that R3X's story is not just Oga finding him. It was actually Mubo, the proprietor of Droid Depot, who found him and re-configured him to function as a DJ then giving him to Oga as a gift. As a result, he is the only one of all the proprietors on Batuu who doesn't owe Oga anything. The gift of DJ-R3X repaid all his debts.

Anyways, I probably could go on and on about fun facts, but thank you for sharing this trip! I'm sorry some awful trolls with nothing better to do than to tear people down in the most mean-hearted way almost made you stop from sharing it with all of us. I know it definitely made me smile. I miss meeting guests that have as much passion as this about these things. :)

Lovin' your report! I really enjoyed Rob's excitement over building his lightsaber and droid! Hope you don't mind me saying - he is such a cutie! (Hi Rob!!) :wave2: I am not 100% a Star Wars fan (mainly I am a Chewie fan) - but I appreciate, and love seeing when others are really into it.

Got some more reading to do........

I really enjoyed reading your report! Going to go back and read some of your others next! Thanks for taking the time to share your trip!

I have the bladder the size of a three-year-old girl so I visit a lot of bathrooms and in almost every instance, there is a long line and oftentimes, there is no need for one! It's just that the women in front of me don't see an open door so they line up. I am always the one who is bending over to check for legs and then telling the women in front of me to go ahead, that one is empty...this one is empty.

I don't know why people inherently want to stand in line but I know I don't, especially when I have to pee so I am always checking! A couple of days ago when I went to the bathroom in Galaxy's Edge, there was a line of about 5 women in front of me and I knew from experience that this bathroom is huge and has so many stalls, some around the corner, so after telling them there were more stalls, and them not moving, I went over to the empty side (yes, the entire side of stalls was empty!) and checked for feet and then literally motioned each woman that had been in front of me, by opening the stalls for them to see it was empty, to go!! By the time I got into the stall myself, ladies behind me were thanking me and two seconds later, no line! :rotfl2:

Ha ha! This totally cracked me up. I am the same way. I'm always directing the traffic in there, too! :rotfl:

Your day in the MK has me really missing it right now. Seems so long ago that we were there in January 2020. The good old days!
:cloud9:

I finished reading your report. It was wonderful and your pics are great! You write in such a way, that I feel like I am right there with you! And, as always, I am sorry it is over. PLEASE keep on posting!

Take care and hopefully it won't be long until we are all at WDW again. :hippie:

Last edited:
:wave:

No, I haven't read it all yet. But, I am working on it. I really feel out of sorts lately with everything that is going on. And, "working from home" from my university still doesn't feel right to me. But, when I need a pick-me-up, I know what I am going to do! I really want to be able to savor all of it. :thumbsup2

PLEASE you must continue with your trip reports! We are all here for you and waiting for more. I enjoy living thru your adventures and I've always learned a lot of tips from ya'll. :hug:

Awww, I totally get that!! I'm glad you will have something to escape to. :hug:

I just came upon this today and decided to read. I was an opening day cast member at Galaxy's Edge, specifically in Savi's Workshop and was there up until the parks closed. Sadly won't be returning since I was a DCP participant and that program has been suspended indefinitely so I was separated from the company. I'd been looking to see if anyone actually went to Savi's and lo-and-behold finally found someone. Too bad I couldn't see myself in any photo or video you took (if you did, I probably would've convinced you to choose Elemental Nature lol), but I can say you were with a good crew especially Kyleigh, the gatherer who helped with Rob's saber. I'm sorry it was difficult to hear during the build, that's something we've struggled to fix for some time and that corner in particular can be very difficult. I'm glad it was still a good experience.

Also, I got to say it's very impressive how much you picked up on in the land. Most everything you mentioned were things that I was drilled on through a very long training process as well as brought up to me later on, like the mini-Millennium Falcon. I will add that R3X's story is not just Oga finding him. It was actually Mubo, the proprietor of Droid Depot, who found him and re-configured him to function as a DJ then giving him to Oga as a gift. As a result, he is the only one of all the proprietors on Batuu who doesn't owe Oga anything. The gift of DJ-R3X repaid all his debts.

Anyways, I probably could go on and on about fun facts, but thank you for sharing this trip! I'm sorry some awful trolls with nothing better to do than to tear people down in the most mean-hearted way almost made you stop from sharing it with all of us. I know it definitely made me smile. I miss meeting guests that have as much passion as this about these things. :)

I am so sorry to hear that your DCP stint was cut short :sad: That would have been a DREAM of mine when I was your age! :love:

Hahahaha Rob was very set on his choices for Savi's, no one could have swayed him! He had been dreaming of that moment since 1977! :rotfl2::darth:

Thanks for the info about Mubo, hadn't heard of that one! :thumbsup2 Makes sense with the location of his crash site! ::yes::

We enjoyed every inch of GE that we got to explore! We hope to visit with our daughter next time, either in WDW or in DL, where she will have the awesome experience of building her own droid and lightsaber...errr...scrap metal! :cool1:

Lovin' your report! I really enjoyed Rob's excitement over building his lightsaber and droid! Hope you don't mind me saying - he is such a cutie! (Hi Rob!!) :wave2: I am not 100% a Star Wars fan (mainly I am a Chewie fan) - but I appreciate, and love seeing when others are really into it.

Got some more reading to do........

Hahaha he is a cutie!! :groom: And an even bigger sweetheart! :love:

I really enjoyed reading your report! Going to go back and read some of your others next! Thanks for taking the time to share your trip!

Thanks for taking time to post! :flower:

I have a few others, enjoy :upsidedow

Ha ha! This totally cracked me up. I am the same way. I'm always directing the traffic in there, too! :rotfl:

Your day in the MK has me really missing it right now. Seems so long ago that we were there in January 2020. The good old days!
:cloud9:

I finished reading your report. It was wonderful and your pics are great! You write in such a way, that I feel like I am right there with you! And, as always, I am sorry it is over. PLEASE keep on posting!

Take care and hopefully it won't be long until we are all at WDW again. :hippie:

Ugh, right? It feels like a million years ago!! What a crazy time we live in now! :crazy2:

Thanks for the kind words! People have mentioned that about my reports before, I never thought of it like that, I just write about my experience, or at least, my version of it and add a million photos. :p

We hope to get back in 2021, depending on what is going on with the world then. At this point, I am not sure we will be cruising for xmas this year which breaks my heart more than anything! 💔💔💔

Hi, there!
I was just playing around on the Dis looking for a Disney fix and found your report. I enjoyed it so much and it has me anxious to see Galaxy's Edge for myself. Our last trip ended a week before it officially opened last August. So close, yet so far.
Thank you for sharing your trip and all the amazing pictures!

Hi, there!
I was just playing around on the Dis looking for a Disney fix and found your report. I enjoyed it so much and it has me anxious to see Galaxy's Edge for myself. Our last trip ended a week before it officially opened last August. So close, yet so far.
Thank you for sharing your trip and all the amazing pictures!

I just saw this now, sorry :rolleyes:

Thank you!!! :goodvibes It's amazing and a must-see for yourself! ::yes::

I felt the same about our 2019 trip to Disneyland....which was a week or two before their Galaxy's Edge opened! Arrrgghh! :crazy2: We were sooooo close but now we have something to look forward to on our next DL trip. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!