~*~Cassie LIVE~*~ Day 13 ~ Chicken Puke Pie

>>^..^<<

Flat Cat
Hi everyone and welcome to Day 13 ~ Thursday August 28th

We had a couple of options this morning 1) To meet SuAnne and Hayley at MGM at 8:45 or 2) to go to MK Early Entry at 8:00am ~ as it turned out Noel and I could just not get our acts together - we were so tired and finally arrived at MGM at 10:15am :)

We took the Friendship Boat over and I was witness to my first exposure to rudeness at Disney this trip. A family of 4 boarded the boat - (parents and 2 kids) they had strong New York or maybe NJ accents (Mom sounded like Fran Dresher (Sp) "The Nanny"

The kids were fighting over sitting at the window so each took their own row and one parent sat with each. Mom complains that the boat smells so Dad opens the window and the son sitting with Mom opens that window too.

The captain makes the boarding announcement about staying seated and that it's an air conditioned vessel so please close open windows. Mom says out loud "this boat stinks - i'm not closin' no window. Captain says again over the speaker to please close the windows... Mom yells over to Dad "Do I have to close it?" Dad says.. "I don't care what they say - I want some air in here"

Captain unclips the rope and walks back to them "please close the windows' Dad says "This boat stinks and I need some air" Captain returns to the front and makes the following announcement. 'Folks we are not leaving this dock until all windows are closed" Mom and Dad start nattering at each other in disgust over the way they are being treated "We pay all this money and this is how they treat guests, terrible, just terrible" Other guests are now using some un-disney like words "Will ya closer the &%$*# window?" Mom and Dad slam their windows shut and continue to talk loudly about how the transportation sucks and how they have been treated so badly. :rolleyes:

We arrived at MGM and had a pocket full of quarters to buy fish food - which the ducks love and also turtles :) we fed them about $3.00 worth and it took about a half hour - Noel thinks she is Mother Nature or something but I admit it was fun.

First stop in MGM was The Great Movie Ride which we have never done - we both enjoyed it - I liked the Alien section and Noel liked the Wizard of Oz. Then we headed for "Sounds Dangerous" another attraction we had never done, Noel and I found it funny and laughed through the whole thing. When we left Sounds Dangerous it was perfect timing for The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular which started at 12:00. we had a 25 minute wait but perfect seats - usually we are way up at the back - we enjoyed the front for a change.

The only two other things we wanted to do were Tower of Terror which curiously had a 13 minute wait - that has got to be a joke? 13 minutes? oooohhh, scary.

After Tower we headed for our last attraction which was Voyage of Little Mermaid - I figure Noel is outgrowing this show so we better do it one more time. There was a little girl in the front row who freaked out when Ursula the Sea Witch came out... she was hysterical and Mom had to carry her out.

Well it was about 1:30pm and Noel was starving and wanted to go back to Prime Time Cafe.. it was not too busy in there and we were seated immediately - it was more fun this time then last, we sat in a better area and our server was really into it, SHe was "Cousin Jennifer"

Noel was busting her butt to get me in trouble and she managed to set me up brilliantly. She had the colouring placemat they give the kids with crayons and asked me to sign my name... I didn't think twice and just signed it... later when our cousin came with our food Noel complained "My mom scribbled all over my page and ruined it" She held up her page which was totally destroyed with scribbles and I said "I didn't do that" Cousin Jennifer asked Noel if she had proof or witnesses that it was me... Noel said "Well she signed her name to it" Duh! she set me up and scribbled after I signed it... Cousin Jennifer reprimanded me and made the whole section say "Shame on You, Shame on you.

Lunch was good (at the time) I had the chicken pot pie - soon to be renamed, and Noel had the hot dogs. We bought some more light up ice cubes so now we have all the colours Red, Blue, Clear, Orange & Green :) They are so pretty in a drink.

We had an uneventful boat ride back to the resort and came up to the room to change for the pool - it was about 3:00pm by now and when we got in Noel asked if we could just stay in the room and relax and cool off from the heat. I had no problem with this as I needed to start packing as we switch resorts tomorrow - Noel put on a movie and went to the lounge to quickly get a coke and a snack... I started my packing when I was it with the most incredibly painful stomach ache and nausia. I was literally almost doubled over in pain and projectile vomiting ensued. When Noel left the room I was fine - when she returned it was like a death scene from a B Movie.

I was really ill on and off for about 3 hours - death would have been better then this. I kept watching the clock as tonight was Luau night at the Polynesian and we had to meet Hayley and SuAnne in the Poly Lobby at 7:30pm. I was sure there was no way I was going to make it and I was trying to figure out ways to get Noel there on her own.

By 7:00pm the pains has somewhat subsided, but I felt extremely unwell and just wanted to lie down - forcing myself to get dressed to go out was terrible, sitting in the cab on the way over every little movement or sound caused me pain - finally we were there and we had to mill around wearing our leis for a while before they let us in - I was praying it would go quick.

Our table was dead centre, third in from the stage - there was salad which I tasted one leaf of, and bread which I had a couple of pieces of during the night and pineapple. SuAnne was enjoying everything - the girls were looking at it as if it was poison and I was wishing for death. The show started and it has a very weak storyline that I won't get into as you have already sufferend enough with my tales of hugging the big white telephone in my room.

The dinner soon came - our waitress had the personality of a dried up stick... there was chicken which I had a bite of and ribs which I had one of and picked at it, rice and veggies. The girls wanted nothing to do with it and had mac & cheese. For drinks I managed one coke, SuAnne had wine and the girls had shirly temples. SuAnne did her best but could not make a dent in the platter of meat.

Finally the main show started and it was pretty good, the fire dancer guy was excellent! The story line painfuly continued and I prayed the fire guy would lose control of his stick and impale me with it - at least it would be over and I would be free. No such luck and it was time for the volcano dessert that Hayley and Noel declared disgusting and SuAnne tasted it and just shrugged. We have a couple of photos of the kids looking thoroughly miserable during the show. LOL - I will have to post them.

There is a God - the show ended and I fled to the taxi area, begging the Poly bellman for one quickly... one arrived and I told SuAnne I would fight her to the death for it as she needed one too - luckily she has a heart and let me have it, waiting for the next. I was never so happy to get in our room as tonight :) I had a short and painful detour to the gift shop to get Noel some M&M's to make up for the crappy Poly dessert. Tonight totally put me off going back to the Poly for any meals, in fact I am canceling Ohana for Sunday - as I had it booked. Anyone have any other suggestions for Noel and I on our last night? There is something bout that hotel I just don't like - it was like being trapped the episode of the Brady Bunch when they are in Hawaii and have all that bad luck with the Tiki... I was waiting for Vincent Price to pop out from behind a stone wall and tie me up.

Anyway, tomorrow we say good bye to the Beach Club where I have enjoyed staying very much but we also say hello to Animal Kingdom Lodge and SuAnne and Hayley will be staying with us for one night before they leave on Saturday.... Noel and I are at AKL for 3 nights and leave Monday (Labour Day) so tomorrow morning I have a cape May breakfast booked but I am seriously doubting it at the moment, we shall see how I feel in the morning... until tomorrow Goodnight from the Barf Club.... ermmm, the Beach Club.

Cassie, I am soooo sorry you got sick. Now wonder-with all the running around in this heat, eating food out every meal and the GERMS!!! Well, today you are headed to my favorite place- AKL!!! Rest up! I am headed to computer class. What am I going to do without your trip resports?? You will have to send some reports from home!!!

Oh, Cass - I am sorry you were ill! Your comparison to the Brady Bunch cracked me up, though. I hate that episode!!

Wish I were going to AKL with you. That has quickly become one of my faorite places on earth (doesn't take much, you know?)! Ah, to sit on the balcony and watch those giraffes...

Let us know all about it, and enjoy your final weekend!

Cassie ~

So sorry that you were so unwell.

Fab trip report though!!

Cassie,
So sorry you were sick. I hope it passes and is gone quickly. Although I imagine you will be a little worn out from it. Relax and enjoy your last few moments at the Beach Club.

Funny, I was at the Poly for a week and did not eat at Ohana's or the Luau. I did have a breakfast and a Dinner at Kona Cafe and both were excellent. Although it sounds as if your not running back to the Poly right now.

While we have a first night ritual (Chef Mickey's), we still have not quite gotten down a last night ritual. Did you get to see Fantasmic? Maybe try again for a dinner package over there? O.K., maybe right now you are not interested in eating at MGM at all.

You have done lots - whatever you choose, relax and enjoy your stay at AKL. Can't wait to here about it.
Tammy:D

Cassie, I'm sorry to hear about your illness. I've been enjoying your trip reports. We'll be staying BC Concierge and PBH at Universal next summer and it's been very helpful to read your LIVE reports.

I hope that you're feeling better this morning. Maybe you should check with the concierge to see if others reported getting ill after having the chicken pot pie at Prime Time? If it's a case of food poisoning, they'll remove it from the menu and you may be able to save someone else from the agony of what you just went thru.

As to the rude and obnoxious couple on the boat...well some people just think that the world revolves around them. Lucky for you that you can just laugh it off. Too bad Noel had to be subjected to the foul language that was being spewed by some of the other guests. I guess they never made the connection between being at WDW and there being young, impressionable children present.

I'm looking forward to your AKL report. I may just consider splitting my stay between AKL and BC just to get the chance to experience both in one trip! Thanks for posting your thoughts and experiences (even the bad ones).

Oh Cassie! I am so sorry you got sick you poor thing! Nothing worse than being sick and having to sit through a dinner and a show! yuck! We did the luau a long long time ago when they had the mickey and minnie one (wish they would bring that one back) and i remember the food, it was good, but not the type of stuff you want sitting in front of you when you are about to get sick!

For your last night, why don't you see if you can get a PS at Rose and Crown to watch illuminations or Teppanyaki in Japan, I love that restaurant and it's a lot of fun for the kids to watch them cook right in front of you.

Good Luck, looking forward to the rest of your trip report!

Sorry to hear you were sick. It could be food poisoning or it could be just too much running around and sun. I know I had the later. We had eaten in Norway and later I felt awful (and of course we were staying at the GF and were all the way over at the Boardwalk when I started to feel reallybad). I never made it to the hotel. Not nice. :(

If you want to eat at the Poly, try Kona Cafe. It has NEVER disappointed me and I have tried multiple breakfasts, lunch & dinners there. Chef Bubba is a sweetie too.

Hoping to hear about a better day!

That is always my biggest fear... To be sick on vacation....... Hope you woke up this morning and feel like it was just a bad dream. As for the rude family, some people are not happy unless they are miserable and taking as many others with them as possible:mad:

Love the report...as usual! If you cancel Ohana, why don't you try Whispering Canyon at WL. It's a lot of fun! Hope your feeling better!

Cassie, So sorry to hear you are sick. Hopefully you are feeling much better today. I vote for the Brown Derby if you are looking for a great dining spot! Save room for a piece of grapefrute cake.

Bummer about being sick- major, major bummer. I had something along those lines one year at DL and it simply ruined the first half of the trip. I truly hope it was just a 24 hour bug and that you will be feeling great for your adventures at the AKL.

Sorry about your tummy. One of our favorite dinner places is Narcoossee's at the GF. It's outside in its own separate building by the boat dock and if you are there when fireworks are going off at MK, you can watch them, or the electric water pageant goes right by there too. We love the food there - - it is wonderful!!!!!

Wow, cant belive you got sick!! Hope you are feeling better. You had posted before that you were gonna go back to Fla. with your other daughter(i think) in Oct. I sure hope you post your trip report then too. What a wonderful vacation ya'll are having. I dont know what you do for a living but I sure wish I did whatever you do for a living!! Noel is a lucky girl.

Hope you feel better. Didn't realize you guys were going to AKL too. Interested to hear what you think of it (I'll be doing HRH/AKL in a little over a week!)

Your illness story made me realize something weird... I had completely forgotten, but I got ill when I was a kid in MK, maybe 1983 or so, I ate some sort of steak sandwich with pineapple on it in Adventureland (near the Tiki room? I think? And near where you used to be able to buy toll house cookies?). Anyway, had to spend the next day in the hotel room throwing up.

Anyway, I just realized that this is one of the reasons that to this day I have never had any interest in Ohana or most things Poly. Heh.

Hi Cassie - I hope you are feeling better. We like CRT for dinner - the view from the castle is so pretty at dusk.

Sooo sorry to hear that your day, from the get go. went downhill. First the rude people, then the food and then the Luau show. I hope that you are feeling better. Hate to be a mom here, but make sure that you get plenty of water back into your system as it will help you to recoup some energy when properly hydrated. You may also want to see if the gift shops sells something like tums or pepcid AC. I usually attempt to eat for 5 minutes and then take it and then eat a little more (for me it works best that way).

I was thinking of eating at Prime Time on my next trip but will have to rethink that. I had also wanted to try the Luau but if it has a weak storyline, may skip this as well.

I love the Great Movie Ride but very rarely get to see it. I think it has been closed for refurb. most of the times that I've gone in the past so I have seen it twice. 13 mins. for ToT, that is funny.

Eating on Sunday, I agree with above post, try rest in WL, Rose N' Crown or Garden Grille. All were great when I was last there.

Can't wait to read your next report and see how AKL is.

Sorry to hear that you were sick after eating at the Prime time. If you read my post on the restaurant board, you will see that I was also sick during this trip (also during my last trip). I find it odd that I never get sick while I'm home but do have stomach problems at Disney. I know this time that it was not the water since I was very careful about not drinking any of it unless it was bottled. I wonder how careful Disney is about food handling these days. After the horrible plane ride home yesterday while feeling nauseous and having to run to the bathroom every five minutes, I may decide to go elsewhere for my next vacation.

Still enjoying your posts. I am just catching up since I was gone over the holiday weekend.

I'm sorry about the Chicken Pot Pie. I've had it there twice (my favorite thing on the menu) and couldn't believe it had made you sick. So sorry....I know that was truly awful. :(

And the Luau was one of my favorite things from my last trip. So sorry it was not the fun you guys had anticipated. I think my kids weren't as keen on it as me either.... :)

Thanks for continuing to entertain! -HM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter