Castaway Cay 5K

Bucky1306

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!
I have a friend who couldn't get into the WDW Marathon Weekend 5K, 10K or Half. She's not able to participate in the full due to injuries, but really wanted to do the Castaway Cay 5K. I know they made some changes when they created the Castaway Cay Challenge...is there an option to do just the CC 5K or do you have to participate in Marathon Weekend to participate at all?
TIA!
Alexa

Hi everyone!
I have a friend who couldn't get into the WDW Marathon Weekend 5K, 10K or Half. She's not able to participate in the full due to injuries, but really wanted to do the Castaway Cay 5K. I know they made some changes when they created the Castaway Cay Challenge...is there an option to do just the CC 5K or do you have to participate in Marathon Weekend to participate at all?
TIA!
Alexa

When I did this in 2015 there was still a 5k that was done after the CC challenge. So I think she could still do the 5k on the island, but wouldn't get the challenge medal and her 5k would be after the one you do as part of the challenge

When I did this in 2015 there was still a 5k that was done after the CC challenge. So I think she could still do the 5k on the island, but wouldn't get the challenge medal and her 5k would be after the one you do as part of the challenge
That's helpful, thank you! This is the first time we have been considering a cruise, so I didn't realize there were two separate 5Ks. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!