castaway club ???

feenie

DIS Veteran
Ok, so I know that If you have cruised with Disney before you automatically become a member of the Castaway Club....
In September we are going on our first Disney Cruise with my Aunt and Grandmother. None of us are returning cruisers.
My Hubby and I are planning on booking a seven night for the following year while we are still on board.
My question is: Does each passenger get their own club # or does the membership go to whomever made the reservation?
All the reservations are in my Aunt's name, but I want to make sure we can take advantage of the benifits of being repeat cruisers when we go again.
Has anyone had any experience similar??

Everyone who sails on DCL regardless of who made the reservation is entitled to the Castaway Club Benefits. Even if you do not have your own CC number, DCL will have a record of your sailing and you would be entitled.

For example...I have the CC membership in my name, but my whole family has cruised on DCL. We booked two cabins for another cruise and even though she was in a different cabin than us (she was with friends who did not cruise before) they gave her stateroom, as well as ours the free gifts and invite to the CC party.

Just double check while you are onboard but I do not think you will have a problem.

MJ

Each passenger that sails the first time will be given a different CC member number. DH, DD and I each have a different number.

I am cruising on thurs for our second cruise. do I go to the desk area mark castaway club to register to sail on the ship and How will I know when the party is ? JP

You do not need to stand on the Castaway Club line at the terminal...only if it happens to be the shortest line. Any line can check you in. If you had noted your Castaway Club number on your ressie ahead of time, then all you have to do is check in.

The return cruiser gift will be in your stateroom when you arrive or shortly after...1 beach towel and 2 pins per stateroom.

Your room steward will bring your invitation to the return cruiser reception sometime during the cruise.

If you are not sure that DCL knows you are a return cruiser, mention it to them at check-in so they can note it.

MJ

Does the CC only last for a certain time? We sailed Nov of 2001 and will be sailing again in Jan of 2004. Would we still get the gift? My kids saw a picture of the pin and towel and got very excited that we might have a gift in our stateroom!

I have never heard of an expiration date on the club...I don't think it matters last time you sailed. As long as DCL knows on your current reservation that you have sailed before with them you should get the gifts.

MJ

Do we need our CC membership cards when checking in etc.? I don't believe I saw anything in our boarding documentation acknowleding that we are CC members.

Hi Joan....no you do not need to bring anything with you.....just make sure DCL has your Castaway Club number noted on your reservation. Just give them a call to double check if you are unsure or have your TA do it if you booked with one.

MJ

I'm confused about the Castaway Club. I sailed with DCL last May and will be sailing again in a couple of months. I did not receive a CC card or anything like that. Do they mail it to you or did I have to ask?

Thanks for any info you can share.

RD

Originally posted by Michigander
I'm confused about the Castaway Club. I sailed with DCL last May and will be sailing again in a couple of months. I did not receive a CC card or anything like that. Do they mail it to you or did I have to ask?

Thanks for any info you can share.

RD

We went last May also and by July they had sent us our cards already....

Ah, ok then, I guess I'd better give my TA or Disney a call. Thanks very much for your answer.

RD

You can call the Castaway Club directly at this number. This is the CC member number.....1-800-449-3380.

MJ

I did call Disney this morning and they had my Castaway Club # in their computer. They are sending me the card via mail today.

Thanks, everyone, for all of your help.

RD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter