Catamaran snorkeling trip at nassau

Ash444

Earning My Ears
can anyone tell me how appropriate the catamaran snorkeling excursion (n14) at Nassau would be for 5-, 7- and 9-year-old girls? They're all good swimmers, but not the most adventurous gals. Is the water choppy? Cold? Will they have gear that fits them? We'll be there in early march.

Thanks.

We did a snorkeling excursion with our 6yo last March. He loved it ! If they sell the excursion for kids, they will provide appropriate gear, including obligatory yellow flotation vests. You can also bring your own masks if you prefer. The water temp can be hit or miss at that time, but once you get in, you’ll be ok. Choppiness is relative to wind speed, so you can’t predict that.

If they get tired, they can go back to the catamaran at any time.

I am hoping to take my 5, 7 and 10 year olds on this excursion.

For the floatation vests, are they full life jackets? We will be two parents with them but I'll just feel better knowing they will float with little to no effort.

I'm the weakest swimmer of the crew...will I have a floatation vest as well? (Having never snorkeled, I don't know what to expect)

Of people who have booked with Disney, does this tend to be a popular, tough to book excursion?

Whenever we've done a snorkelling excursion, everyone has to wear buoyancy aids. Sometimes they are inflatable, so you can choose how floaty you want them. They are not life jackets which are designed to float you the right way up even if you are unconscious, but will definitely make it very easy to float - it is nearly impossible to go underwater! They have kids sized masks, though we took our own as we have the full face type.

They are not life vests but inflatable vests. If you blow air into them, they can help you stay afloat but they are not to be used in case of an emergency. DCL requires everyone to use them on their water based excursions but you choose to inflate them or not. They are mandatory so the tour crew can spot you in the water.

It’s difficult to know how popular an excursion will be. It depends on many factors.

As for being appropriate or not, snorkeling from a boat requires good swimming skills, pretty good stamina and a bit of hability to come off and go back on the catamaran. Only you knows how adventurous your group is. Our 6yo was a bit scared in the steps because of the fins, but he was perfectly fine once in the water.

We did this excursion about 3.5 years ago. It could have changed but it was one of the worst snorkeling experiences we have had anywhere. Very few fish. Was in a canal like waterway. I would not recommend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!