CBBR - not sure when in Jan/Feb

Sk8ermaiden

Earning My Ears
Hi, I'm planning our family's first trip to Orlando. We are looking forward to Universal a lot! My current plan is 4 or 5 days at Universal and one at Legoland. My kids think Cabana Bay looks AMAZING.

My issue is - I can't buy plane tickets until Novemberish when they typically hit their lowest prices. I'd prefer to travel whatever week is the cheapest, probably Tue/Wed to Tue/Wed.

The SMSM rates for CB are fantastic for that time period. $800 for a week in a regular room or just a little more for a family suite. I am worried that if I wait until fall to book, that the SMSM pricing could be gone, or more $$.

We can go anytime in Jan - through Feb 10 or so. The goal is to go during the absolute slowest time.

If I make a reservation, but later have to shift it, do I lose my promotional pricing, if it is still off-peak and the same number of nights?

Not sure if I am following your question correctly

If you book and your hotel dates don’t coincide with your flights, cancel your hotel reservation and rebook

Yes, rates do change and it is possible that they might be higher if you book closer to the stay

You can book two reservations now if you think one of them will align up
with possible flight dates

Cancel the extra reservation at least 6 dates out from vacation arrival

You will pay the one night stay when you book but no problem to cancel and request a refund

Thank you for responding. Yes, My first question was if I would lose my discount if I altered my reservation. Like if I shifted it by a day on both ends or if I reserved for two weeks and had to alter it to one. Also, I didn't know if anyone knew if prices for non-peak were likely to go up as the date got closer.

The second question is what is the absolute slowest time in Jan/Feb to visit. My kids are homeschooled, so we're extremely flexible.

I am sorry if ANY of this post is incoherent. I'm a bit into a bottle of wine. (Dang, I hoped there was an imbibing smilie I could put here, but I don't see one.)

I wish you lived next door to me
I would share your bottle of wine with you
Lol

You can lose out if you try to change the original reservation

I am stuck with a need to change mine but because it would mean a big increase, I’m leaving my September/October ressie as is

I booked the smsm rate a year back for this fall
I made an error and need to add a day so called last week to see if it is possible
I can’t add a day but can book a new ressie and link them together by supervisor approval

But not as my current room cost is $217 + tax per night (12 night stay)

To make a new one night only reservation do make it a 13 night stay would be $375 + tax

Rates do increase the closer you get to your dates

Your best bet is to make two reservations on when you think you can book your flights and once flights booked, cancel one reservation

Year before last I went to uo January 29-February 4
No crowds for us
Mardi grad starts weekends in February but Saturday was decent for crowds until 7 pm

4 years back went January 3-11 and most days were good
Weekends had crowds but the weather was great and many locals took advantage of that
First week of feb usually a good time to go
President day time period can have crowded days in the parks

Crowd levels change all the time
How it was for me may not have been the same for others

One park could have crowds while the other might not

Hope others can share to help guide you

In terms of "slow" times, I always use this site to check historical wait times per park, per day, per ride:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/wait_times.php?a=history

Looking back to this past year the absolute lowest stretch looked to be the last week of Jan/First week of Feb. So if history repeats itself, I'd recommend something like Tuesday Jan 26 - Tuesday Feb 5

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!