CBR Guest Re-Location

wee-haggis

DIS Veteran
I keep reading about the CBR guests being moved to other hotels.
I have a few questions.
1)Why is this happening in the first place.?
2)What is the duration and timing of the re-locates?
3)How many guest are affected?
4)Was this a last minute decision by Disney to do this?
5)How do they determine who goes where?

There is a thread on top of the resorts board:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=245381

It is due to the renovation of the food court.
It will be closed from 9/8 until at least 12/1.
CRO is calling people to relocate but many people have called them first and got relocated. Most people are either going to another moderate or upgrading to Poly or AKL for a special rate.

The CBR is getting a re-hab of the main restaurant-food court area after already having had the rooms done one area at a time. Since the main area (Old Port Royale) will not be in operation until about December, they have decided to re-locate all the guests with reservations for this period to other resorts.

There is a team that is contacting those guests with CBR reservations in order of the arrival dates and offering Coronado Springs and Port Orleans or upgrades to various deluxe resorts for a fee (usually $10-$25 per night more).

Most of us agree that WDW knew about this many months ago when reservations were still being accepted for CBR, but have no idea why they didn't communicate it to us, or among themselves.

As for where you end up going, you have two choices: wait for them to contact you and the choices may be limited, or call them now and use your best negotiating skills.

I don't think it was planned. I think that a pool rehab was in the future plan, but I thiink the timing has more to do with lower occupany in the resorts. Closing a resort for rehab sounds better than closing it because not enough people are there to justify staffing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter