CCV Direct Purchase questions

Spridell

DIS Veteran
Hello all,

Been following for a long time.

I just purchased 120 points Direct from Disney for CCV. Still having some trouble understanding the UY.

We always travel for 2 or 3 night the week AFTER Thanksgiving, and 1 night in May and maybe Oct. They originally gave me a June UY but then offered me an April UY which I took. Should I have stuck with the June UY?

Also they said they are giving me the 2018 points since I purchased before Jan 1st, but if my UY is in April didn't my window close already to use and bank them?

We have not signed any papers yet. Deposit was put down and that is it so far.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

We always travel for 2 or 3 night the week AFTER Thanksgiving, and 1 night in May and maybe Oct. They originally gave me a June UY but then offered me an April UY which I took. Should I have stuck with the June UY?
Based on your current travel dates, an April UY is better than June.

Also they said they are giving me the 2018 points since I purchased before Jan 1st, but if my UY is in April didn't my window close already to use and bank them?
You got April 2018 points because you are currently inside of the April 2018 UY. An April UY runs 4/1 to 3/31 of the following year.

Since you are purchasing direct, they should bank those April 2018 UY points for you with no penalty.

Theoretically, you have reached the deadline, but Disney can give you the points already banked if you want them to be. We did that when we bought last Sept.

Based on your current travel dates, an April UY is better than June.

You got April 2018 points because you are currently inside of the April 2018 UY. An April UY runs 4/1 to 3/31 of the following year.

Since you are purchasing direct, they should bank those April 2018 UY points for you with no penalty.

Very nice that they gave you the April points still. Enjoy!

Very nice that they gave you the April points still. Enjoy!

To be clear, they sell contracts with current points and April is in its 2018 UY. Every UY would be getting 2018 points at this time because all are in their 2018 UY.

Is CCV where you love to stay or did you buy there because that is what Disney was selling at the time? If you need additional time to learn the ins and outs of the DVC, you can rescind the contract and buy later.

:earsboy: Bill

Is CCV where you love to stay or did you buy there because that is what Disney was selling at the time? If you need additional time to learn the ins and outs of the DVC, you can rescind the contract and buy later.

We live in South Florida and we go to Disney a lot. I would say 5 to 7 times per year. We have stayed at GF, Poly, Contemp, Boardwalk, Beach, and last week was the first time we stayed at Wilderness Lodge.

I have to say we were blown away by it. We all fell in love with the resort within the first 2 hours. Food was excellent at Geyser Point and Whispering Canyon, And the decorations IMO are the best on property.

So, yes it was the only thing Disney was selling, BUT, we all did fall in love with it.

We live in South Florida and we go to Disney a lot. I would say 5 to 7 times per year. We have stayed at GF, Poly, Contemp, Boardwalk, Beach, and last week was the first time we stayed at Wilderness Lodge.

I have to say we were blown away by it. We all fell in love with the resort within the first 2 hours. Food was excellent at Geyser Point and Whispering Canyon, And the decorations IMO are the best on property.

So, yes it was the only thing Disney was selling, BUT, we all did fall in love with it.

Glad to hear you liked it! Disney sells the other ones but you need to waitlist and wait for some ROFRs don’t pass!

Glad that you love CCV, we own there also because we love the cabins and the resort.

It sounds like you travel in such a way that you will use the 11 month booking window. In general, for fall, I'd not expect a lot of availability at CCV inside 7 months, and I'd not recommend a direct purchase for a Florida resident who cannot use an 11 month booking window, as the DVC direct-buy "perks" that have economic value can easily be duplicated via Florida residency.

Learning that you are a FL resident I'd say that auroraborealis makes a good point that so many of the direct purchase benefits are already available to you that it becomes worthwhile to ask if you have given consideration to purchasing a contract resale? All resorts are an option - usually for a significant savings over direct. Actually all resorts are options direct if there was a location you preferred over CCV/WL.

It sounds like you travel in such a way that you will use the 11 month booking window. In general, for fall, I'd not expect a lot of availability at CCV inside 7 months, and I'd not recommend a direct purchase for a Florida resident who cannot use an 11 month booking window, as the DVC direct-buy "perks" that have economic value can easily be duplicated via Florida residency.

We do plan on using the 11 month booking window to its fullest. We can plan the entire next year's trips using that window since the family is VERY flexible on dates. We never plan on going in the summer or holiday times.

I figure to always use the 11 month for CCV for our dates and at the 7 month if another resort available maybe switch and if not we have NO problems at all staying at CCV. Our overnight stays are no more than 2 or 3 nights at a time.

Thanks all for the great advice.

When we bought direct on our first contract the week after thanksgiving with April, they gave us 30 days to bank even though it went past the normal window. Don't take our word for it and check with Disney, but they should give you time to bank the benefit that resulted in the sale.

I spoke to member services and they DID give me the courtesy and let me bank 2018 points.

When we bought direct on our first contract the week after thanksgiving with April, they gave us 30 days to bank even though it went past the normal window. Don't take our word for it and check with Disney, but they should give you time to bank the benefit that resulted in the sale.

I spoke to member services and they DID give me the courtesy and let me bank 2018 points.

It's actually written into the contracts these days that it will be allowed to bank even if past the banking window when you're making a new direct purchase. :) Takes the crossing your fingers part out of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!