CCV minimum

Wacat

Earning My Ears
This is my first time posting on this forum. We have thought about joining DVC for years, and have finally decided to after visiting Aulani this past weekend. We can finally afford to pay in cash, without financing. The initial plan was to purchase 50 at Aulani and add on from there, but we quickly realized that we don't need to book Aulani at 11 months out and we switched to CCV. I heard from our guide today that there was problem with the contract. The contract department in Florida told her that CCV requires a 75 point minimum initial investment. I was bummed. She told me she was shocked and hadn't heard this before, but I could still buy 50 points at Aulani. I have read on many other threads that the initial investment in CCV is 50 points. Has anyone else had this issue? Is 75 really the new minimum for CCV?

Suspect new policy. They don't want the aggro of direct members complaining they haven't got perks and they can't really market perks and then not give them. Will be interesting if they have such a threshold for members who already own qualifying points.

Shouldn’t this new policy start at 2/25 and not already?

Right now you are able to get perks by owning as little as 25points direct. I know that CCV is a minimum of 50points.

I would challenge that decision, as long as you buy NOW and not after 2/25 you should be good.

I was told this by my guide via email yesterday. During my tour two weeks ago, I was told the minimum was 100. Once home, I emailed and pushed back. 50 for Aulani, 75 CCV. Waiting list open for all other resorts.

I am not a member and have been trying to decide what to do with the rule changes. As with most things, my cheap and practical side normally wins. I can buy 100 Aulani points for the price of 50 direct, etc.

Been researching for a year. Resale is expensive but direct is bananas...

I actually thought they had been requiring 100 at CCV for new buyers.

FWIW I would not recommend buying Aulani direct to book WDW.

Last edited:
I actually thought they had been requiring 109 at CCV for new buyers.

When I asked about buying (as a new member) in October, they told me that the minimum was 75 pts. I don't know if it's changed since then.

When I bought CCV last April as a new member, the minimum was 75. For existing DVC members, the minimum was 50. I don't think that has changed.

When I called this weekend to get 50 points they told me that 100 was the minimum new purchase for CCV and AUL.

When I called this weekend to get 50 points they told me that 100 was the minimum new purchase for CCV and AUL.

Push back if you don't want that many direct points. Here's the email copy from my guide - sent to me yesterday:

"The only resort that you can purchase a 50 point master contract is Aulani. Copper Creek requires a 75 points minimum. After February 25th, in order to receive the member benefits, a new member must purchase at least 75 points from Disney directly. Right now, you can purchase 50 points at Aulani and receive all the member benefits and perks/parties/discounts/lounges, etc."

She told me she was shocked and hadn't heard this before, but I could still buy 50 points at Aulani.

The minimum purchase for a master contract at CCVC has been 75 points since Day 1, so that is pretty weird that she would be "shocked". In addition, with CCVC, there is a minimum of 50 points for a current member to add on, NOT the usual 25 minimum add on. Just FYI.

Absolutely agree!!!! This is super important, IMO, as a very longtime member. If you plan on going to Aulani at least every other year, great, buy Aulani. If you plan on spending most of your vacations at WDW, you will certainly be happier in the long run buying a WDW resort as your home resort.

DVD tends to change the policies based on how sales are doing. 160 was the minimum years ago, so was 200, I think. Then 100, then 75, what ever they think they can get you for. As demand and sales increase, so will the minimums. Often guides can get "special" permission to modify the policy just for you.

:earsboy: Bill

DVD tends to change the policies based on how sales are doing. 160 was the minimum years ago, so was 200, I think. Then 100, then 75, what ever they think they can get you for. As demand and sales increase, so will the minimums. Often guides can get "special" permission to modify the policy just for you.

When I purchased in the early 90's, the minimum was 230 points. DVD has had to keep decreasing the minimum buy-in to keep the "starting price" well under $20,000. They did change the minimum to 160, then 100. Personally, I think it was a mistake to decrease the initial buy-in to less than 100 points, as it has really changed the availability of studios on property. I think DVD has realized that having 50 points as a minimum was not in everyone's best interest. JMHO....

Push back if you don't want that many direct points. Here's the email copy from my guide - sent to me yesterday:

"The only resort that you can purchase a 50 point master contract is Aulani. Copper Creek requires a 75 points minimum. After February 25th, in order to receive the member benefits, a new member must purchase at least 75 points from Disney directly. Right now, you can purchase 50 points at Aulani and receive all the member benefits and perks/parties/discounts/lounges, etc."
I didn't actually want CCV or AUL, I just said I was looking to buy 50 points which they then jumped to the conclusion that I didn't know that sold out resorts could also be purchased. Hence providing me the information about AUL and CCV. I quickly cleared up that I wanted an older resort and knew that I could get 50 points. She told me I was correct. Because I wasn't interested in CCV or AUL I didn't feel the need to press for any lower amount of points there.

My minimum was 150, in the mid 90s, OKW, when we purchased. I remember it was 230, during several years while we debated a DVC purchase (we loved concept, hold up was $$!), and we just could not afford that. We jumped when it was the last chance to get those free park tickets, and 150 was the new minimum.

This is my first time posting on this forum. We have thought about joining DVC for years, and have finally decided to after visiting Aulani this past weekend. We can finally afford to pay in cash, without financing. The initial plan was to purchase 50 at Aulani and add on from there, but we quickly realized that we don't need to book Aulani at 11 months out and we switched to CCV. I heard from our guide today that there was problem with the contract. The contract department in Florida told her that CCV requires a 75 point minimum initial investment. I was bummed. She told me she was shocked and hadn't heard this before, but I could still buy 50 points at Aulani. I have read on many other threads that the initial investment in CCV is 50 points. Has anyone else had this issue? Is 75 really the new minimum for CCV?

And I see you just joined yesterday. Welcome to DISboards!

I wanted to add my adult children to direct contract so when they use our points they are members as when they were children. I was told could not purchase 25 points for new contract had to purchase 50 same use year now a different contract with all our names on it. Now I’m wondering should I have pushed harder was this true I see resale members buying 25 point contracts why not a member with two direct contracts already?

I wanted to add my adult children to direct contract so when they use our points they are members as when they were children. I was told could not purchase 25 points for new contract had to purchase 50 same use year now a different contract with all our names on it. Now I’m wondering should I have pushed harder was this true I see resale members buying 25 point contracts why not a member with two direct contracts already?
25 pt contracts are only available as an add on. A contract titled differently (such as having the children only on the new contract) is not an add on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!