CCV Purchase

With the high cost of a CCV resale and the closing costs, length of time to obtain the contract -- with a newer resort you are usually better off with going direct

One thing about resale is it's the only way to get a fully loaded contract if you run across one. ie you might have some banked points from 2016 to use right now (depending on the UY) some current or already banked 2017 points plus 2018 points and all going forward. With direct you get current points which depending on the UY are either 2017 or 2018. No contract direct would come with banked 2016 points and at this point Feb, March and April would all start with 2018 points.

Disney took back a CCV contract in ROFR? Do you know what the details were (price, points left, etc.). I always bought they didn’t really buy back points from resorts they were actively selling, but I guess if the price is super low!

I am not aware of any contracts being taken by Disney for CCV. I was just saying that since the first contract showed up in Fall '17, most of them have been asking around $155/point. There was one that was listed at $140 I believe, but nothing below that so far. Most of them have been stripped of points as well.

I'm pretty sure it's just up to your credit limit for the Disney card.

But yes, there are a couple better cards, like the American Express Everyday (0%/15mo + sign up bonus) and the American Express Blue for Business Plus (0%/15mo + 2x membership rewards points). Little more danger pushing it out 15 months if you can't pay it off responsibly but it is a good option.

BTW Chase Sapphire Reserve is a better option as it pays 3X for DVC purchase. My 3X points have confirmed and posted.

One thing about resale is it's the only way to get a fully loaded contract if you run across one. ie you might have some banked points from 2016 to use right now (depending on the UY) some current or already banked 2017 points plus 2018 points and all going forward. With direct you get current points which depending on the UY are either 2017 or 2018. No contract direct would come with banked 2016 points and at this point Feb, March and April would all start with 2018 points.

So if I buy a CCV direct contract from Disney with October use year before we get October this year, I will get Oct 2017 points and 2018 points?

So if I buy a CCV direct contract from Disney with October use year before we get October this year, I will get Oct 2017 points and 2018 points?

Correct. October is currently in it's 2017 UY and they sell the contracts with current points. They will allow you to bank after the banking deadline though if you are just purchasing.

Correct. October is currently in it's 2017 UY and they sell the contracts with current points. They will allow you to bank after the banking deadline though if you are just purchasing.

Didn't mean to reply to myself! Thank you for the clarification!

I just bought ccv December use year 100 points and got 2017 points up front.

Does anyone know If you can pay with Disney gift cards or only Disney visa?

I just bought ccv December use year 100 points and got 2017 points up front.

Does anyone know If you can pay with Disney gift cards or only Disney visa?

You got 2017 points up front because you are in your 2017 UY. The sales people make it seem like you are getting something extra, you didn't, you got what you are entitled to.

:earsboy: Bill

You got 2017 points up front because you are in your 2017 UY. The sales people make it seem like you are getting something extra, you didn't, you got what you are entitled to.

:earsboy: Bill

Sometimes they'll even say that they're "getting you double points" as if they pulled strings and got some double super secret hidden exception just for you.

Sometimes they'll even say that they're "getting you double points" as if they pulled strings and got some double super secret hidden exception just for you.

It’s all good was happy to buy regardless

I am not aware of any contracts being taken by Disney for CCV. I was just saying that since the first contract showed up in Fall '17, most of them have been asking around $155/point. There was one that was listed at $140 I believe, but nothing below that so far. Most of them have been stripped of points as well.

I was curious. A quick search turned up one if I’m reading it right. Whether it was an ROFR or something else who knows?
Doc # 20180218738

Last edited:
where is the best place to buy/shop as it seems difficult to find inventory

Thanks!
The DVC resale market website has 3 Copper Creek on there now. But a way to calculate what the real $ value of your points is to take the cost per point divided by the years left on contract then add the annual dues per point to give you a dollar value to what it’s costing you to use your points. They have a contract now asking $164 a point so 164 divided by 50 years plus $7.26 for dues = $10.54 per point so a studio for a week during Halloween is 107 points multiplied by $10.54 then divided by seven nights is roughly $161 a night ! A 2 bedroom villa during the same week is 278 points that comes out to roughly $419 a night ! That’s pretty cheap !!! I didn’t look up what it would cost at Boulder Ridge but with less years on contract it’s probably a little more than the $10.54 real price per point. I hope that helps you make your decision.

BTW Chase Sapphire Reserve is a better option as it pays 3X for DVC purchase. My 3X points have confirmed and posted.
Is that real? I have reserve. Really want the points. Worrried about it only give me 1% for the purchase... if it is 3 times points. I am no worry anymore!!

Is that real? I have reserve. Really want the points. Worrried about it only give me 1% for the purchase... if it is 3 times points. I am no worry anymore!!

Yes the direct DVC purchase codes as travel on the CSR. I bought direct in June and it was definitely the 3 times UR’s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter