CDG Airport

dannyrose

Earning My Ears
Hi Guys

Its now just 18 days until we visit DLRP for seven wonderful days. We are still trying to decide which way to transfer from/to the airport. The way I see it we have two options: a) VEA shuttle bus and b) TGV. There are a number of pros/cons for each method which seam too long to list here, the main con against the TGV being a transfer from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2. I would love to hear from anyone who has made a transfer between terminals who have useful tips/information or horror stories as to how difficult it was. Alternately please let me know how you found the VEA.

We are travelling on Saturday 1st june so we expect it to be busy, would there be long Q's for the bus?

Thanks in advance from a very confused mouse fan.

Mark

I've never had a problem with the VEA. Longest wait about 20 mins. Yes, there is a queue, but the bus has always accommodated everyone. I have been lucky enough to have always boarded the bus at the last terminal, so I haven't had to travel around CDG, which might be a bit of a bummer to some travellers. You can get a taxi from the airport to the park for about £30.

Thanks for the reply Truly.

We are two adults and two DD, total cost on the VEA of around £33 each way. Does this make a taxi a possibility?

As for Q'ing for the shuttle, do you Q under cover?, I expect as its a bank holiday weekend it will be raining cats and dogs :-)

thanks again

Mark

A taxi would be a viable option for you, but don't be put off thinking the bus is "difficult". I don't remember whether or not I stood under cover for the bus at any time....(the weather was always fair on my arrival), and even if it wasn't, you can always wait on the other side of the glass doors of the terminal - literally 10 steps from your bus stop! The buses may not be as busy as you envisage.....is it a French Bank Holiday? Pity me, as I arrive on Bastille Day!

We have used the vea bus four times now and bar once when it ran out of diesel half way to the hotel :mad: we have had no problems. It seems to depend when you get to CDG because you can either just catch the next bus or you seem to have just missed it which adds about 3/4 hour on to your journey.

David

Hi Danny

We went to DLP in January, and the shuttle bus took ages! After we boarded it stayed at the terminal for about 20 mins, then went to 3 other terminal to pick up, we must have spent at least half an hour going round the airport! Then you have to go round several hotels to drop off, andcoming back seemed to take even longer!

If a taxi is going to cost the same I would definitely do that. If we go again, even if the taxi cost us a bit more, I would get a taxi over the shuttle, it would save so much time.

HTH and you have a great trip! :D

We had a similiar experience to Mazzy - we were flying with British Midland - I don' tknow which terminal it was (it was a round one - (Which is terminal One, looking at the CDG website) but we went to 3 other terminals, and it took ages before we even left the airport - I would be very loathe to take the bus again - it was certainly easy enough, but it just took SUCH a long time, everyone on the bus was getting really fed up - especially as we didn't pick any people up at any of the other stops.

we would consider the taxi or the TGV next time.

do you know which terminal you are flying into? if it is one of the later one's on the VEA schedule, then maybe the bus wouldn't be so bad.

bev

Hi Bev

We are flying with British Midlands and should land at Terminal One. My preference would be the TGV but my Wife is concerned that should the plane be delayed that we would miss the train (plus we are worried about getting between the two terminals - pity the TGV doesnt go from T1)

Thanks for all your replies so far.

Mark

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter