Celebrating 20 years at WDW - Bonus features, A few posts from May, Updated 9/11

These photos look good Allison. So happy you have a solution so that we can see them. By the way, Did you attend D23 this weekend? I've been seeing lots of announcements. Hope we can see some of the new attractions someday. We don't go to WDW every year and it's getting harder for me to get around. Used a scooter last year and it worked out well. Staying at the Boardwalk helped too. I enjoy reading your trip reports and appreciate you sharing them with us.

Those desserts look A-MAY-ZING!!! popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

Your view is sooooo cool!!! I can never see too many pictures of those villas, and I'm even more excited to have a 1BR for our upcoming visit.

How fun to have Jill come and share the weekend.

I like your gray top.

Thanks! We had come dressed for the evening based on our experience the month before.

Did they do a huge refurb of the pool?

Huge would be an understatement. You might not notice because they practically put it back the way it was before, but the entire pool area was torn up for months this past Winter. I should have taken a picture from the 6th floor window back in March, it was a serious redo of the pool.

Finally catching up again over here! I needed to check out your version of your meetup with @Steppesister and @pkondz just so I know what actually happened...:rolleyes1

We'll have to see how @pkondz tells it whenever he gets there. :roleyes1

And we're all grateful for it!:woohoo:

You're welcome!

Cool! A DISboard clip show.

:thumbsup2

:sad1: It hurts whenever I see this.

Well you need a redo! Come back and I'll be sure that you get on it!

What, did he give you the mashed potatoes or something?

Actually he let me choose the piece of chicken I wanted and let me have the biscuit, and most of the mashed potatoes and green beans! There is a reason he is so skinny and I'm not!

Looks like you guys are having a blast.

We were!

Not too shabby at all! So great that you were able to give them that experience. :goodvibes

It was lots of fun!

I think I actually prefer the ambience in the lounge to the club. Is that sacrilege?

No, I think a lot of people do.

That doesn't sound fun. Hope it turned out ok.

Well it is still unresolved as of yet, so I hope it doesn't come to fruition.

I'm surprised you lasted as long as you did with @pkondz carrying on like that.

:laughing:

That doesn't even look like the same dish!

Sorry that day was so exhausting. It sounds like you've been running ragged lately!

As fun as Disney can be, when you have to go home and do daily tasks afterwards (like feed the cats, take out the trash, do the dishes, etc) before you go to bed it can be rather tiring. After four days of that I needed a break!

How nice that she was able to join you.

Its nice that Denver is only a couple hours plane trip!

That is nice that they offered this. What a shame that this clashed with your plans.

I have a feeling most of those smaller demos were lacking in attendance.

This is a trend I can get behind.

Me too!

They look lovely. What a shame that they are no longer on the menu.

That's one unfortunate thing about seasonal menus, is that when you like something it goes away in a few months.

That looks amazing.

It was, we love our giant Rib Eyes!

You've had some awesome Dis meets this year!

Thanks so much of inviting me for the weekend! It was so much fun spending time with you guys and Jenny and her family! That wine was AMAZING!!!! You know I'm up for helping you drink as much as you need! Dinner at S55 was great! So tasty and I'm glad we all split food...it was soooo much!

Technically only three, four if you count Jenny, but she lives here! But we made them all quality meeting times!

I"m sure of it! And yeah, come to think of it, now that you've mentioned it, I've never seen oysters or an oyster bar at any Disney park. Now I know!

Yeah, I remember the chef at Steakhouse 55 saying many years ago that he wanted to serve oysters and Disney wouldn't let him, so he served the Oyster of the Chicken. You can find Oysters at Brennan's in Downtown Disney and the Boathouse at Disney Springs.

Yes!! I'd have that again in a heartbeat!

Now the seasonal soup is a corn chowder or something...

Me too... but food (and drink) overload!

Yes, that's very easy to do. Especially since the portion sizes are now just right. When it first reopened everything was tiny and you left hungry.

Eventually, I'll find time to write again!

I see that you have. I am at least one chapter behind, and I owe you some picture answers.

Yes, I had no idea! I like them both though!

I like ours for the intimacy of the place, but the other one is fun since you don't feel so claustrophobic. I still think they could have a couple more tables in there though.

I've never done tandem TRs before, and I like how while they are the same, they are also quite unique to the author's personalities and photos. Fun!

I've done them before, but then again the other person's trip included so much more than just our meet ups it took months before the different chapters were revealed. Sort of like @pkondz.

It'll be nice to hear his rendition as well!

Speaking of him....

Not quite. Well, not THAT one anyway. ;)

I guess we find out in the next update. Or did you reveal it in the one you just did?

If I could hop on a plane tomorrow I would come to share in those aged beauties and pay all the corkage fees myself. Yum!!

We could even make dinner at home and avoid the corkage fee. With two cooks I wouldn't be too tired to enjoy the nice wine!

Dinner looked amazing, but holy smokedogs! That cake! WOWZA!! Sounded like you all had a really wonderful time together and I'm glad Jill (hi @jedijill ) could camp out on your couch in the Villa. Yes, you are right, those rooms are simply gorgeous; What a view!!

I love that particular Villa! It's the best! We did have a great time together and have more times planned!

I gotta say it: I love deviled eggs. Those look really yummy! With trout, nice combo there!

I'm not a fan, but I like to make them for Fran. I only like my yolks runny.

Lastly, you two look great all gussied up for dinner. :thumbsup2

Thanks!

$399??? Oh.My.Goldfish. That is crazy! I haven't used photobucket in years, so it definitely doesn't affect my most recent TR (so recent, 2015!). I can't remember what I used for my first one. It does mean my photos from one of my old parenting forums will all go away, but I doubt anyone has looked at that in years. At least I didn't use it for storage!

It is crazy! I can't believe that they think people will pay like that for things like Trip Reports. I pretty much haven't logged in there since the day I did the tests over here!

I have been using the upload image in post thing all along, but saving things down so they aren't quite as huge on the page. It's been a while, so I forget what settings I was using.

I did a test on my other TR and saved them down to the same resolution that I do with our vacant apartment photos. One person so far couldn't see them on her iPad.

So I stirred up a hornets' nest with my photobucket post. :rotfl2:

And if you think about using another hosting site ..... I am pretty happy with my new one so far ......... now that I kind of figured it out. :scratchin :dance3:

So far I'm OK with my solution. It's not as tedious as I thought it would be and it makes me think out the pictures that I want to use more clearly.

Wowza!!! Such a pain in the rear :mad: I haven't had time to look into how it affects my $24.99 yearly perscription. Guess I'll be finding something else as well.

You'll be OK until December 2018. Any Plus account is good until then, it was all the free users who got cut out.

These photos look good Allison. So happy you have a solution so that we can see them. By the way, Did you attend D23 this weekend? I've been seeing lots of announcements. Hope we can see some of the new attractions someday. We don't go to WDW every year and it's getting harder for me to get around. Used a scooter last year and it worked out well. Staying at the Boardwalk helped too. I enjoy reading your trip reports and appreciate you sharing them with us.

We did not go to D23. No money. :sad2: My next update on this TR will have the pictures from my new hosting site. I'm glad that a scooter works for you. You'll see on the other TR that I find out it is a necessity for getting around WDW, the hard way.

Who? Me?
So far behind that I despair I may never catch up?

Why... yes!

Well... <rolls up sleeves>

I think they're really a California thing. They grow south of the Bay Area and I think you need to develop a taste for them. I was introduced about 30 or so years ago. You steam the whole artichoke and then remove the inedible part (the choke which is in the middle. Some remove the choke before cooking, but I find it easier once it's tenderized from cooking),

Why would someone deliberately eat something that has the word "choke" as part of it.
Are you required to take training in Heimlich manoeuvers beforehand?

I'd make you one when you visit, if you're interested in trying it.

Hmmm....
Okay, honest answer here.
Yes. No.

Yes. I actually would like to try it.
But.... if I don't like it, I would feel it would be an insult to you and choke it down (see what I did there?) anyway.
And if it tasted anything like a Brussels sprout.... I wouldn't be able to do even that.

I didn't even want to order it, but Fran was feeling adventurous.

Adventure is out there!
so were vomitoriums.

You'll see that soon in the other TR, but the point and shoot doesn't have an on and off for the auto focus. At least that I know of.

Ah! Point and shoot. No. You shouldn't be able to turn it off. Hmmm.... Lens film? Focal point changed? Dunno.

Every speaker ran the risk of running overtime. They get up there and just can't help but keep talking!

That's a good thing. Shows passion.

Yeah, if I have a choice of bacon, cheese, teriyaki sliders or artichokes, guess which one loses.

what do I get if I guess right???

Since I live here, most of you know I’m usually happy to take a day or two (if I’m not swamped) to come out for a DISmeet!

I didn't know... and thank you so much for being our hostess and guide that day.
You truly helped make mine and Kay's day special.
It did not go unnoticed that you went above and beyond
and I won't soon forget your kindness to me and my daughter.

So this had been planned for several months and our first day was going to be full of some power touring.

Don't let her fool you, folks.
When she says that it had been planned for several months....
She means she planned it for several months.
A lot of time and effort went into that day.

Thank you again Alison.

I think that band rehearsal had been canceled for the night before

It had. Or at least I remember that you didn't go.

In fact, I was there by 9:30, half an hour before our scheduled meeting time of 10AM.

You were? Shoot. We could have met up earlier then.

They were going to get a locker for his backpack, but since I had my scooter with me, I suggested he just put it in the bag on the back.

And that's where it was the rest of the day. (Except when I'd occasionally take it out to shoot.)
Thanks, Alison! :)
You were like my own personal Sherpa.

Our first ride was the Jungle Cruise. I must confess that I did not take these pictures that day, but instead of providing an update with no pictures, I have recycled some pictures from the past.

Then you're going to do better than I.
I don't think I took any... and won't have any recyclables.

He did single out Ponzi a couple times, I believe.

Correct.

Jerk.

:rolleyes:

The one I do remember was at the end he said, “It’s been great traveling with you today, if you had a good time, my name is John, if not, my name is Ponzi!” We all got a good laugh out of that one.

Yes. Ha. Ha. Funny.

He did not receive a tip.

And of Course Pirates of the Caribbean! Both Liesa and I ended up with soaked butts!

That's right! I remember the screaming!

:sad1:

We stopped for some beignets after that, I stole this picture from Liesa’s TR! I wolfed down mine Beignet so fast, I don’t have one to show.

:laughing: They were good!

Et7WwJCcCSkm4T7eDskwL-d9esbgSDdFMNRHWjnPuIQUhOC2OxuQw3CmRmg2_6r1nJ2siRlm_R1MuRjofMHhXBiUHquqFfpDQCPfe2lAKiLV7_x6wUJycCWThifpDOoM2U9a6d0m

Whoops! I see you too, did not get the new and improved version of this photo.

Here:
42adc772-f9be-47c6-a83d-d45fbc9951b9_zpsjcvwhbs8.jpg

Much better. More appealing to the eye.

Then we moved on to the Haunted Mansion.

yussssss...

I believe that next up was Big Thunder…

Sure?

Love that one.

The Plaza Inn was our choice for this meal and I split this Chicken Dinner plate with pkondz. Who says he doesn’t know how to share?

Not true.
What really happened was I dropped my fork on the floor so went to get another one.
When I came back, Alison had swiped half my food.

Lucky I'd dropped my fork... otherwise I would've stabbed her in the hand with it if she'd tried that in my presence.

I don’t remember if we rode Star Tours and Space Mountain next

Sure?

we got our obligatory Dole Whip

YESSSS!!!!

and according to Liesa’s photos we also rode Finding Nemo submarines, but somewhere in time, those things happened.

Yup. We did. sometime.

Dang. I'm at work so I can't crop myself out to give you a more pleasing photo.
You guys look nice, though. :)

On our way to TSMM, we saw Francisco (our favorite Disneyland cat).

Yes we did! :)

Upon riding TSMM, I was still a beaver. :sad2:

I beat everyone! I did!! Hahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!

I specifically “engineered” our route into Carsland to take the same one that I had when I entered it for the first time.

I appreciate that. Really.

As you will see from everyone elses posts, they thought it was just as stunning.

::yes::

Mini Hot Dogs wrapped in Puff Pastry

:sad2:
Sorry. I know you liked them. I blinked and.... Kay had eaten them all. So I ordered another round for everyone else... and she ate those too.

Kids. You can't shoot them and you can't shoot them.

Flatbread with a bunch of stuff on it. I only remember cauliflower and didn’t want to eat that.

There was? Funny... I don't remember that. And certainly didn't taste that.

We had lots of laughs, especially watching Liesa spill her drink!

Poor Liesa. She was just mortified.

And when they saw Kay’s Birthday Button, they brought her out a dish of ice cream!

Kay was very surprised and pleased by that. :goodvibes

The other three were going to watch World of Color, but I was tired. Fran had dropped me off in the morning and I called her when we were around an hour from being done. I said my temporary goodbyes (we were meeting again the next day) and sent them off to secure seating for the show.

and off we went!
Thanks again for a wonderful day, Alison!

So I have to admit that I was spending so much time enjoying the company that I mostly failed with pictures over these few days.

Me too! To both of those statements!

pkondz, who has yet to start his TR on this adventure

I'm getting there!! Sheesh!

I knew that I would be tired from the touring of the day before.

I'm sorry about that Alison. I still feel badly about that.
I tried to go at your pace as much as possible, but I knew we were tiring you out. I'm sorry.

Fran and I would pick up the whole crew and they would ride in with us

:rolleyes1

She ended up meeting us at the newly designated meeting point at DTD right at about the same time we arrived, so it all worked out fine.

Frankly I was shocked that it worked out as well as it did.

But first we took a picture to document the meet and the fact that we all clean up decently.

Well, 2/3rds of us. And by "us" I mean you and Liesa.

Man, I just love that glass! Every time I see it (i.e. when you post a photo) I want some.
Then I remember that no one I know (including me) who comes to my house drinks martinis, so....

And I don’t know what this was the pkondz had. Some sort of fizz with egg whites or something like that.

Sure! It was a fizz of some sort. Sure! Yep!

When the instruments in the picture are playing in the ambient music, the performers leave the picture and take their place at their instruments in the bar. Very cool!

Very cool! That may be the one thing I tell people the most about when they ask about the trip.

I only took pictures of mine and Fran’s food and occasionally Liesa’s,

Surreptitiously?

We’ll have to see when pkondz gets around to his report,

Um..... Uh....... If I can find the receipt, maybe. Otherwise it will be "We ate good eats."

I know that Liesa went with the Sauteed Escargot, Parsley Garlic Butter, Toasted Brioche. This was definitely the most odd presentation I have seen for Escargot.

It was definitely not what I was expecting!

And.... Please don't take offense, but... The Keg's is much better.

Next course quite a few of us ordered the Club 33 Five Onion Soup, Brioche Croutons, Gruyere Cloud. This was good, but not at all what I expected.

Nor I. I was expecting a bowl topped with yummy melted cheese.
But the presentation was worth it!

She enjoyed this but would really prefer a proper Wiener Schnitzel.

I would think so!

We behaved ourselves for the most part, however, I do remember Liesa offering a taste of her wine to pkondz, telling him that it was “a little woody.” He seemed to take offense at this and retorted something back that made us all laugh.

:laughing: I forgot that!

And.... I have no idea what you could be talking about. :rolleyes1

Somewhere in there corn dogs from the little red wagon happened.

Grrrr.....

That can wait until my TR.

Pkondz and his daughter found us just in the nick of time before the nighttime spectaculars started.

Ditto for this.

I love my kid, but... sometimes....

While we waited for the fireworks to start, they kept making the announcement “Due to high winds, there is the possibility the fireworks may be cancelled.”

I kept thinking they'd say "have been cancelled".

the lights came on the music stopped and an announcement came over the PA. “Due to high winds, the fireworks have been cancelled this evening.” The collective groan from the audience was definitely sad, but what can you do when an entire community builds itself around a major tourist destination.

And then they did... and I was okay with it. It had been a good show up to that point, despite the fireworks being off center due to the winds.

I said goodbye to pkondz and Kay who would be on their own for the duration of their trip, they had their own plans for the rest of the night.

<sigh>
Yeah.... Well....

Then again, it did lead to Kay having her first celebrity sighting.

Due to unforseen circumstances, pkondz was even able to join us.

Fran ordered a burger.

I was trying to remember that. Did you wind up taking some home?

We got an order of the Chicken and Lettuce cups for the table.

This I remember.

I got the Tuna Poke, no one wanted to share it with me.

You never offered, so I didn't dare.

Eventually Liesa ordered an Uh-ohah, sorry if I’m stealing your fire!

Pun intended? :)

Okay, seriously. I don't know if that was a lucky shot or you planned it.
Either way, that is one cool photo!

You’ll have to see their TRs for that part of the story…..

I'm getting there!!! Geez!!

On this day we had our second Celebrity Chef Demo, it was Guy Fieri.

Cool! I'd go see that one, for sure!

his was the only sold out demo.

Not surprised.

I got one of the Teriyaki Chicken Pineapple sliders from the booth close by

Yumm...

He came out all smiles and such.

Again, no surprise.

And then we were immediately given a margarita.

Nice! Right out of the gate.

He demonstrated how to make it, and I took notes, but obviously the glass of wine and the margarita had affected me as my writing is sloppy and instructions are very succinct.

It was pretty good, but there was a big difference between what he cooked on stage and what we were served

Not even an attempt to be close. Unimpressed.

This is what we were served. I thought it was pretty good, but it was a little salty, and I’m not a huge fan of arugula.

The order of ingredients is different. Looks heavier too.

we had the opportunity to meet and have a photo op with Guy, but I was tired.

Too bad.

Plus I got a photo op with him the year before.

Ah. That's okay, then.

I was so exhausted I was lucky to get back to the car, load Fran’s scooter on the back and stay awake on the drive home!

Poor Alison. I've seen you loading the scooter. You work hard, lady.

I'm SO glad that we chose this place. It was perfect for another fun meetup and I got a chance to compare the 2 TSs.

And I'm so glad you guys thought of me! :)

(And I'll let him share his story on how it came to be another foursome. )

Uh... I have no recollection. PM me!

I'm sure Disney only uses pasteurized eggs as they freak out about raw oysters and won't serve them at their restaurants.

Really! Didn't know that.

Again, thought I'd let him talk about this one as well....

Okay.... You PM me! You both remember something about it that I don't!

Unless... Hmmm... Yeah, better PM me. I think I know, but...

Maybe then it was your drink? I don't remember too well. I do know that pkondz gave me his Margarita because he didn't like it.

A Marg? You sure? I usually like those. Could be, though.

Fran and I don’t mind sharing the room, but we don’t share a bathroom with anyone besides the two of us!

Ugh... please don't mention that.... I have an upcoming trip and... well....

She tried the Deviled Eggs with Trout and liked them.

Those look good! I love deviled eggs. Need to make more...

She also got the salmon, this wasn’t as good.

Doesn't look that special, too.

I went back to the Bacon Booth and got a wedge salad.

Now that looks good! Was that just a ranch dressing on it, do you remember Alison?

Then we went over to the AP area and got our pictures taken. I’m not sure if Jill was with us at this point, I don’t remember.

Nope. Cause I don't see her.
(And you guys look very nice!)

We decided to book it for the two of us, and Fran said that she was happy to spend the time sleeping while we drank wine.

And if you drink enough wine, you'll be sleeping too!

Sorry if you’re sick of seeing these pictures, but I just love the rooms here at the VGC!

Post away! I like seeing 'em.

Love that tub. Anytime a room has a good tub, I'm happy.

Big shower!

With a bench too! And unlimited hot water... I ain't coming out.

We had a killer view!

Nice!

This was during extensive remodeling, the pool was still closed.

Did that bother you? Do you use it? I myself almost never do.

We met Jenny and her DH in the lobby and they sent their kids off to the parks so we could have adult time.

Love it when the rugrats get old enough to go away.

PSA: If you’re planning to come to So Cal and enjoy finely aged wines, let me know, I would be happy to share a bottle of two over a dinner that is worthy of the corkage fees!

Well... I typically don't enjoy reds that much. Sometimes not at all. I prefer whites and prefer sweeter to dry.

So.... there ya go.

So back to the Steakhouse…I failed at taking people pictures, but did get all the food!

:laughing: I'm the same way.

It seems that all the rage at Steakhouses these days is to serve a piece of thick cut bacon as an appetizer.

It is? I approve!

Now they have Pork Belly and Octopus.

Fail!

We got the onion soup au gratin which was excellent.

Same service!

Fran, Jill and I split the Cowboy Ribeye, which they brought to the table already sliced.

mmmm... that looks good. Was it?

24-Layer Chocolate Cake (Chocolate Sponge Cake, Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate and Nutella, Mint Chocolate Chip Gelato)

:faint:

At the end of the evening, Jenny posted this picture on Instagram with the caption “Only one survived.”

It was on this night that Jenny decided that if they were going to make their move to So Cal that they needed to make a positive statement, so it was that night she started saying, “We live here, we are just homeless!” Thus was born the hashtag, #WeLiveHere

Ah!

And now when I am posting this, they do live here and are NOT homeless!

:goodvibes

So let’s see how this test goes!

Not well.

OK so obviously that test did not work. Looks like I will have to do it the slow way by using the photo icon.

Worked!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I may have found a loophole.
Unfortunately, it's not one that's simple to duplicate... well it is... but it would be a bit of a pain.

Bam!! Caught up!

Thank goodness you don't have two TRs going.......

oh

Who? Me?
So far behind that I despair I may never catch up?

Why... yes!

Well... <rolls up sleeves>

So much for getting in my update in the next few minutes. :rolleyes1 And I wrote that Tuesday night....

That's OK, you won't be as far behind when I post it. Now probably on Thursday since I'm working on replies and going "you know where" tomorrow! :hyper: which is now today! :banana:

Why would someone deliberately eat something that has the word "choke" as part of it.
Are you required to take training in Heimlich manoeuvers beforehand?

I don't know why the word "choke" made it's way into the name. The choke is actually a pretty nasty part of the vegetable. If you know what one looks like, hidden under all those leaves is a tasty heart. But it is protected by fuzzy stuff on top in the middle of the leaves, that's the choke, and once the thing is cooked, I scoop that out of the thing and then you eat the flesh from the leaves as you "dig" down to the heart.

It's kind of a ritual. The bottom or the leaves have the fleshy part, so you dip the leaves and then scrape off the meaty parts. The closer you get to the center the thinner the leaves. Eventually you just take the thin leaves off and place them in the discard bowl with the already eaten leaves. Then you are left with the heart, which is sirt of creamy and meaty all at once.

When I have an artichoke for dinner, now (as I'm old) it's my entire dinner. If I have it artichokes artichokes side, I never make it to the heart. I get them when they're 2 for $3 or so and it's a nice cheap dinner!

Hmmm....
Okay, honest answer here.
Yes. No.

Yes. I actually would like to try it.
But.... if I don't like it, I would feel it would be an insult to you and choke it down (see what I did there?) anyway.
And if it tasted anything like a Brussels sprout.... I wouldn't be able to do even that.

It doesn't taste anything like a brussel sprout, and if you eat it the way I described above, I enjoy it much more than when I make a dish with frozen artIchoke hearts.

Adventure is out there!
so were vomitoriums.

And they used leeches.

Ah! Point and shoot. No. You shouldn't be able to turn it off. Hmmm.... Lens film? Focal point changed? Dunno.

:confused3

That's a good thing. Shows passion.

Most of the time the person talking is the winemaker, owner or other interested party, so yeah they have passion.

what do I get if I guess right???

The happiness that you got it right. :teeth:

I didn't know... and thank you so much for being our hostess and guide that day.
You truly helped make mine and Kay's day special.
It did not go unnoticed that you went above and beyond
and I won't soon forget your kindness to me and my daughter.

De nada....

Don't let her fool you, folks.
When she says that it had been planned for several months....
She means she planned it for several months.
A lot of time and effort went into that day.

Thank you again Alison.

All I planned was coordinating the days with you and Liesa, the rest planned itself....

It had. Or at least I remember that you didn't go.

I wasn't going to go, but I'm pretty sure it was canceled so I didn't have to skip.

You were? Shoot. We could have met up earlier then.

Well, I arrived at the resort then but I had to go through security, DTD, and the Esplanade. You guys actually found me as soon as I got there.

And that's where it was the rest of the day. (Except when I'd occasionally take it out to shoot.)
Thanks, Alison! :)
You were like my own personal Sherpa.

You're welcome.

Then you're going to do better than I.
I don't think I took any... and won't have any recyclables.

You can steal from me...

Correct.

Jerk.

:rolleyes:

:lmao:

Yes. Ha. Ha. Funny.

He did not receive a tip.

Oh come on, you ate it up!

That's right! I remember the screaming!

I believe we suffered in silence.

Whoops! I see you too, did not get the new and improved version of this photo.

:snooty:

Not true.
What really happened was I dropped my fork on the floor so went to get another one.
When I came back, Alison had swiped half my food.

Lucky I'd dropped my fork... otherwise I would've stabbed her in the hand with it if she'd tried that in my presence.

Ha! Liar!

I beat everyone! I did!! Hahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!

Not surprised, it wasn't until my next time riding that I upped my game.

Sorry. I know you liked them. I blinked and.... Kay had eaten them all. So I ordered another round for everyone else... and she ate those too.

Kids. You can't shoot them and you can't shoot them.

I got enough, besides I can always go back and have some more.

There was? Funny... I don't remember that. And certainly didn't taste that.

I saw it on the list of toppings and didn't want to risk eating any.

Poor Liesa. She was just mortified.

I'm glad the bartender brought her a new drink.

Kay was very surprised and pleased by that. :goodvibes

Good, she should be.

and off we went!
Thanks again for a wonderful day, Alison!

Glad I could help you out! :goodvibes

So much for getting in my update in the next few minutes. :rolleyes1 And I wrote that Tuesday night....

Yay! I've delayed you so I can keep catching up!

I don't know why the word "choke" made it's way into the name. The choke is actually a pretty nasty part of the vegetable. If you know what one looks like, hidden under all those leaves is a tasty heart. But it is protected by fuzzy stuff on top in the middle of the leaves, that's the choke, and once the thing is cooked, I scoop that out of the thing and then you eat the flesh from the leaves as you "dig" down to the heart.

It's kind of a ritual. The bottom or the leaves have the fleshy part, so you dip the leaves and then scrape off the meaty parts. The closer you get to the center the thinner the leaves. Eventually you just take the thin leaves off and place them in the discard bowl with the already eaten leaves. Then you are left with the heart, which is sirt of creamy and meaty all at once.

When I have an artichoke for dinner, now (as I'm old) it's my entire dinner. If I have it artichokes artichokes side, I never make it to the heart. I get them when they're 2 for $3 or so and it's a nice cheap dinner!

This sounds wayyyyy complicated.
And probably isn't.

It doesn't taste anything like a brussel sprout, and if you eat it the way I described above, I enjoy it much more than when I make a dish with frozen artIchoke hearts.

As described? I'm lost. But if you'd be so kind as to show me (should we dine together again... which I hope will happen next year. :)) then I'm game to try it.

The happiness that you got it right. :teeth:

I'd prefer cash.

All I planned was coordinating the days with you and Liesa, the rest planned itself....

Uh, huh. Shall I refer you to all the emails that you sent me?

Well, I arrived at the resort then but I had to go through security, DTD, and the Esplanade. You guys actually found me as soon as I got there.

Oh. Well, then... timing is everything!

You can steal from me...

I just might. :)

Oh come on, you ate it up!

Yes I did. :)

I believe we suffered in silence.

Not at the moment of impact.

Ha! Liar!

I never tell a lie.

I embellish the truth until it's unrecognizable.

Not surprised, it wasn't until my next time riding that I upped my game.

So no longer a beaver?

I'm glad the bartender brought her a new drink.

I would expect nothing less... pretty much anywhere.

I'm getting there!! Sheesh!

You're doing an admirable job!

I'm sorry about that Alison. I still feel badly about that.
I tried to go at your pace as much as possible, but I knew we were tiring you out. I'm sorry.

It has nothing to do with you. Anytime I do one of those banzai days at Disney with multiple rides and going all day, it wipes me out. Like today, we'll go ride Guardians, go have some drinks and food, see F! and then go home. That's a normal Disney day. We may ride Guardians twice if there is time!

Frankly I was shocked that it worked out as well as it did.

It's really a small area (Disneyland Resort) and I knew where the car rental place was. Not too far from where we ended up meeting.

Well, 2/3rds of us. And by "us" I mean you and Liesa.

I thought you looked quite dapper in that purple shirt.

Man, I just love that glass! Every time I see it (i.e. when you post a photo) I want some.
Then I remember that no one I know (including me) who comes to my house drinks martinis, so....

I think I'll be having another one of those tonight!

Sure! It was a fizz of some sort. Sure! Yep!

I'll try and figure out exactly what the drink was....

Very cool! That may be the one thing I tell people the most about when they ask about the trip.

Really? I would have thought it might have been something else.

Surreptitiously?

No, I was quite blatant about it.

Um..... Uh....... If I can find the receipt, maybe. Otherwise it will be "We ate good eats."

See message....

It was definitely not what I was expecting!

And.... Please don't take offense, but... The Keg's is much better.

No offense taken. I'm not a fan of everything they serve there.

Nor I. I was expecting a bowl topped with yummy melted cheese.
But the presentation was worth it!

I was going to direct you to my latest update on the other TR, but I see you have found it. Now THAT's what onion soup should be!

I would think so!

We did a tour of the kitchen a couple weeks ago and she even asked the Chef if he could make a good one. :laughing:

:laughing: I forgot that!

And.... I have no idea what you could be talking about. :rolleyes1

:rolleyes1

Grrrr.....

That can wait until my TR.

Ditto for this.

I love my kid, but... sometimes....

Hmmmmm......sounds nefarious....

I kept thinking they'd say "have been cancelled".

Believe me, I've had that happen plenty of times.

And then they did... and I was okay with it. It had been a good show up to that point, despite the fireworks being off center due to the winds.

I haven't actually been back to see them since then. I don't think I'll make it until September....

<sigh>
Yeah.... Well....

Then again, it did lead to Kay having her first celebrity sighting.

Huh. I'll be interested to hear about that. Rarely do I even recognize celebrities, unless they are chefs.

I was trying to remember that. Did you wind up taking some home?

No we ate it all.

This I remember.

They were yummy. :goodvibes

You never offered, so I didn't dare.

Yes. Yes, I did. I remember offering it to you and you explained to me that you tried it while you were in Hawaii, and didn't really care for it that much, so you didn't think that Poke on the mainland would be as good or better.

Pun intended? :)

Probably.

Okay, seriously. I don't know if that was a lucky shot or you planned it.
Either way, that is one cool photo!

Actually I got three or four shots that looked like that, I picked the best one.

I'm getting there!!! Geez!!

Well if you weren't always galavanting around.... :rolleyes1

Cool! I'd go see that one, for sure!

You just had to book it within the first week that bookings opened, and paid the $99pp

Not even an attempt to be close. Unimpressed.

Yeah, I wasn't either.

The order of ingredients is different. Looks heavier too.

He used a piece of meat that weighed about 3/4 of a pound. Ours was probably 1/8 pound.

Poor Alison. I've seen you loading the scooter. You work hard, lady.

Thanks. :hug:

You're doing an admirable job!

Several TRs to go still.
Including my own.

It has nothing to do with you. Anytime I do one of those banzai days at Disney with multiple rides and going all day, it wipes me out. Like today, we'll go ride Guardians, go have some drinks and food, see F! and then go home. That's a normal Disney day. We may ride Guardians twice if there is time!

Still can't get over how you just "pop over to Disney".
I can pop over to the 7-11 and that's about it.

I thought you looked quite dapper in that purple shirt.

So you're saying I should wear that to Dapper Day? (If I make it? Still unsure of dates.)

I'll try and figure out exactly what the drink was....

Nah. Don't worry about it Alison.
I'll just write "I had a drink." and be good.

Really? I would have thought it might have been something else.

Hmmm.... Well, there were a few things.
But that was definitely one of them.

No, I was quite blatant about it.

Coercive?

See message....

Message?

Ah! Just checked... reply forthcoming. :)

I was going to direct you to my latest update on the other TR, but I see you have found it. Now THAT's what onion soup should be!

We did a tour of the kitchen a couple weeks ago and she even asked the Chef if he could make a good one. :laughing:

:laughing: What did he say?

Hmmmmm......sounds nefarious....

Teen angst.

I haven't actually been back to see them since then. I don't think I'll make it until September....

Really! Because it's too late?

Huh. I'll be interested to hear about that. Rarely do I even recognize celebrities, unless they are chefs.

You may not have heard about this one. We'll see.

Yes. Yes, I did. I remember offering it to you and you explained to me that you tried it while you were in Hawaii, and didn't really care for it that much, so you didn't think that Poke on the mainland would be as good or better.

I know. I was just teasing you to see what you'd say.

Did I not taste a tiny bit of it anyway?

Well if you weren't always galavanting around.... :rolleyes1

I have no idea what you mean.
I'm not going on another trip for... five more days.

He used a piece of meat that weighed about 3/4 of a pound. Ours was probably 1/8 pound.

Not what I meant by heavy, but... yeah, that too.

I meant even with more meat, his looked lighter than yours. If that makes any sense.

And I'm so glad you guys thought of me! :)

I offered as soon as we ended up with that plan. It was only once the drama ensued that you were able to make it happen.

Really! Didn't know that.

Yeah, I mentioned it a comment to Liesa that at a Winemaker dinner almost 10 years ago there was a chef who mentioned that "since Disney won't let me serve raw oysters I'm serving you the oyster of the chicken." He also didn't last very long.

Okay.... You PM me! You both remember something about it that I don't!

Unless... Hmmm... Yeah, better PM me. I think I know, but...

I think we figured it out.

A Marg? You sure? I usually like those. Could be, though.

It was the only thing on the menu that didn't have rum or coconut in it and you didn't like it.

Ugh... please don't mention that.... I have an upcoming trip and... well....

Sharing with daughters or strangers?

Those look good! I love deviled eggs. Need to make more...

I have some hard boiled eggs that need to be used up. I think Fran is getting Deviled Eggs for an appetizer tonight.

Doesn't look that special, too.

I can't tell you. I don't eat Salmon.

Now that looks good! Was that just a ranch dressing on it, do you remember Alison?

It was Point Reyes Blue Cheese Dressing. Now I want a wedge salad for dinner.

Nope. Cause I don't see her.
(And you guys look very nice!)

Actually she would not have able to go there. In fact I think she was there. That picture was taken at a place called AP corner. Only AP holders could enter, they gave you a button (new one each week) and had that photo op, only for AP holders.

And if you drink enough wine, you'll be sleeping too!

Maybe. :rolleyes1

Post away! I like seeing 'em.

Cool! I won't be back until next year, but I was there a month ago....

Love that tub. Anytime a room has a good tub, I'm happy.

That's why I love the DVC one bedrooms!

Big shower!

With a bench too! And unlimited hot water... I ain't coming out.

Well you're lucky we're out of the drought. Otherwise you'd have pesky little notices requesting that you limit shower times and towel usage.

One of my favorite hotel views.

Did that bother you? Do you use it? I myself almost never do.

I'd have to be staying long term, or at least more than two nights. I think I've only used the pool there once or twice in probably 9 or 10 years.

Love it when the rugrats get old enough to go away.

Since I don't have any, I'm not familiar. However, I have noticed that I see far less of my friends with kids that are no longer infants, but not yet teens.

Well... I typically don't enjoy reds that much. Sometimes not at all. I prefer whites and prefer sweeter to dry.

So.... there ya go.

You haven't tried well aged reds...they have a rather unique taste, almost like grape juice, yet better.

:laughing: I'm the same way.

I did that gain last night! :laughing:

It is? I approve!

Well, we don't get to traditional steakhouses often, but when we ate at Del Frisco's last year they had the same thing recently added to their menu. Does the Keg have something like that?

Yeah, not my top choice.

mmmm... that looks good. Was it?

Very tasty. Now I want steak as well...Dinner tonight may be changing to deviled eggs, wedge salad, steak and Mac and cheese.

Yes, nice to have friends locally! In fact they joined us watching F! out at the park last night.

Worked!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I may have found a loophole.
Unfortunately, it's not one that's simple to duplicate... well it is... but it would be a bit of a pain.

A loophole with Photobucket?

I'M GETTING THERE!!!!!!!!

Yes, you are...

Well, just wondering where you had vanished to...you were back and then you were gone again.

Q: What do you get when you run in front of a car?
A: Tired.

Q: What do you get when you run behind a car?
A: Exhausted.

Oh! Sorry. Misread.
I thought you said you only like running jokes.

I need that rim shot smiley. Buh, dum pum.

Bam!! Caught up!

Thank goodness you don't have two TRs going.......

oh

#WeLiveHereNowAndWeAreMillionaires

Love the update! :hug: Dinner was fabulous! We need to go back to S55, it's magical. pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter