Delete Thread

Portofino is so beautiful :lovestruc

How weird that the park was so busy though! And I'm with you that the nifflers are pretty adorable...

Great video !

Thank you!

Portofino is so beautiful :lovestruc

How weird that the park was so busy though! And I'm with you that the nifflers are pretty adorable...

It is! I don't know if it's that weird, it was still early in the month, but getting closer to the holiday crowds. We usually go that following week, and towards the end the parks get crazy sometimes. They're like little duck/puppies? I don't know but it's cute. :rotfl:

The bathrooms are dated aren't they at PB...….yes, glass showers are our first choice too...…

It is a lovely hotel though and glad you enjoyed another stay there.....

Those movies haven't totally gripped me either......I want to like them a lot, but maybe they`ll grow on me....I can`t quite pinpoint why either...…

The journey to the airport is always a miserable one......we have taken to blow raspberries all the way along the road......woman in the next car thought I was making a face at her once when I did it and turned to see a car beside me......oops!!!!!

Looking forward to your final thoughts...…..:)

So it was the last day of our trip :sad1:
:sad:

coCWZ0ll.jpg
Such a cute picture! Love your hair :goodvibes

(Not to be rude, but I'm not much of a talker in Uber/Lyfts, I don't mind if people ask a few questions however she wanted a detailed rundown of our vacation the whole way to the airport and on the ride back to the airport is always a little bit of a bummer so I don't feel super chatty).
I'm with you 100%. Just let me wallow in my sorrow please. :sad:

What a great trip! Thank you so much for sharing it with us :goodvibes Looking forward to the wrap up :thumbsup2

The bathrooms are dated aren't they at PB...….yes, glass showers are our first choice too...…

It is a lovely hotel though and glad you enjoyed another stay there.....

Yeah some of the bathroom and room fixtures a little bit, but it is a really lovely hotel. I think we're just a little spoiled because we stayed at RPR the last few times and everything is so new there.

Those movies haven't totally gripped me either......I want to like them a lot, but maybe they`ll grow on me....I can`t quite pinpoint why either...…

Yeah, they're just missing the magic of the HP story. I do too, it's also hard to enjoy them as much when they rewrite parts of the original story to make them fit.

The journey to the airport is always a miserable one......we have taken to blow raspberries all the way along the road......woman in the next car thought I was making a face at her once when I did it and turned to see a car beside me......oops!!!!!

:rotfl:

Such a cute picture! Love your hair :goodvibes

Aw thank you, I don't know what my hair was doing there though :rotfl: I think it kind of looks like a mess. I've been growing out my bangs for what feels like a million years and I still have to bobby pin them out of the way because they aren't long enough.

I'm with you 100%. Just let me wallow in my sorrow please. :sad:

What a great trip! Thank you so much for sharing it with us :goodvibes Looking forward to the wrap up :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

Fantastic report!!!

Loved it.......and looking forward to your new one too........learning about California will be fun, and can’t wait to read about your HHN plans too.........

This years HHN we are already excited about going again and it’s only March!!!

And finally since I know you're dying to all know how it went with my new shoes, it went really well :rotfl:
Actually... yes! :laughing: I've always felt terrible how much trouble your poor feet can give you on your trips.

(You can see them here just pretend I'm modeling them and not punching a Kung Fu panda :rotfl:).
:laughing: They're super cute too!

Also as I mentioned in the post in less than 2 months we'll be leaving for a trip to California, and in Sep I'll be going on an HHN/Disney trip with @xlsm/a long weekend at HHN with Josh!
:hyper: How exciting!!!

A crybaby gif! Be still, my beating heart...
(well a glass door shower could make them perfect, but you know how I feel about those if you've ever read my other TR's)
(I did not buy this, but I do think the niffler is very cute).
I picked him up every time I went by...
I thought about buying this sweatshirt too (just for the niffler), but decided not to because they didn't have my size. Plus I wasn't crazy about the movie so I didn't really want to buy a sweatshirt with the movie name on it.
Why did they put the movie name? I hate that. That kept me from getting that shirt.
We called a Lyft to the airport and again had a very friendly and capable driver. :thumbsup2
Success!
However I let Josh do most of the talking since she wanted to chat the entire way to the airport. (Not to be rude, but I'm not much of a talker in Uber/Lyfts, I don't mind if people ask a few questions however she wanted a detailed rundown of our vacation the whole way to the airport and on the ride back to the airport is always a little bit of a bummer so I don't feel super chatty).
Yeah I let Zack handle that lol. Though lately he's taken to falling asleep on the way back to the airport... I wear him out!
So I meant to write the wrap up post shortly after the last one, but then we started watching the Umbrella Academy (which I loved) and I'm just getting to it now that we've finished up :rotfl:
oooh this is on our list to watch
Now on the other hand for this trip our Portofino Bay portion was really great, and I don't have any complaints there. We also got a great rate there last minute.
I really want to stay here. I'm a sucker for European themed things :love: which may have influence on our next 'big' trip I'm planning after the cruise this summer. So far when I've looked it's been quite a bit more than RPR, and what can I say, I am cheap at heart. Though we are getting awfully spoiled between the Orlando area hotels we've stayed in and my credit card adventures for free travel..
A couple weeks before we left I found the Nike Tanjun sneakers which were not only on sale (and pretty cute), but had really good reviews from people who had professions where they were always on their feet or from people who took them on vacations.
Must investigate... I feel like I'm always on the hunt for good shoes! I had a pair or Reeboks I really liked and wore them our first year on all trips, then got a new pair to replace them but they weren't the same :sad1: My latest pair (and best since then) are these: https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/...oes-18sauwtrmphs4blprftw/18sauwtrmphs4blprftw

Not really cute, but they were comfy and supportive, and I caught them on a sale around Black Friday for $30 with free returns so I figured I had nothing to lose.
I think taking a small break from Disney was a good thing. I just wasn't missing it like I usually do or getting excited to go, but while I was planning our next trip to California, I started researching Disneyland, and got pretty excited about going there. I'm also going back to Disneyworld in Sep with @xlsm, and I'm very excited for that too. Now that I haven't been for awhile, it seems like there's so many new things to do.
Absence makes the heart grow fonder :love: lol But really breaks are good! I'm excited to hear about your new trips, I'll be heading there next! And also I need to text you anyways about Cali activities, work has been a big ol' pot of crazy lately :stir:

A crybaby gif! Be still, my beating heart...

I love that movie! :laughing:

I picked him up every time I went by...

Why did they put the movie name? I hate that. That kept me from getting that shirt.

Yeah, I considered ordering it online afterwards, but since I wasn't crazy about the movie I decided not to.

oooh this is on our list to watch

Watch it! I need more people to talk about it with I'm obsessed :laughing:
I really want to stay here. I'm a sucker for European themed things :love: which may have influence on our next 'big' trip I'm planning after the cruise this summer. So far when I've looked it's been quite a bit more than RPR, and what can I say, I am cheap at heart. Though we are getting awfully spoiled between the Orlando area hotels we've stayed in and my credit card adventures for free travel..

Ooo! Yeah for Portofino you just have to keep checking. There's the rare time we find it for cheaper than RPR and this was one of those times (RPR's cheaper rooms seem to sell out faster). 2 weeks before our trip they had a ton of rooms available at Portofino that hadn't been available before and it was the cheapest deluxe. The last time we got a good deal on it though was a couple years before.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder :love: lol But really breaks are good! I'm excited to hear about your new trips, I'll be heading there next! And also I need to text you anyways about Cali activities, work has been a big ol' pot of crazy lately :stir:

Yes text me about it!

but then we started watching the Umbrella Academy (which I loved) and I'm just getting to it now that we've finished up :rotfl:

I just started watching this show too!! So far so good!!

Thanks for sharing another TR!!! I look forward to following along on the next one! Especially for the CA portion because I'm going in July also!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!