Celebrating or Bday button?

caribbeandream

DIS Veteran
I wasn't really sure where to post this question but since it involved the big 50 I thought I would come here. My actual bday is December 11. I would have loved to be at Disney ON my bday but it could not be. I will, however, be there the second week of January (within 30 days of my bday) and this trip IS totally a bday celebration for me. I'm honestly really exited because I celebrated my 15th bday (quince) with a trip to Disney with my mom and sister and now I get to celebrate my 50th at Disney, with my sister and my teen son. So . . . do I get the bday button or the celebrate button and write in "the big 50"? Also, do you wear your buttons all week? I know what I would totally do for a child 10 and under but what do other adults do?

You can get whichever button you prefer. There is no requirement that it be on or near your actual birthday. Wear it as much as you want. You will get lots of "Happy Birthday" wishes from CMs. Make sure to tell Disney that you are celebrating for your trip (if you booked on site). They might even have your pin pre-made for you.

I went on a Solo trip for my 47th back in April. I got the Birthday button (from the front desk at the resort - helps avoid the madness at park guest relations). I wore it the entire trip. On my actual birthday, I wore it and an "it's my birthday" t-shirt. I loved all of the well wishes from CM's and other guests. I even got a few surprises at some of the table service restaurants throughout the week. My birthday happened to be one with the EMM at Fantasyland so I was at the park from 7:00am to closing with my Fireworks Dessert Party.

I would suggest that you wear the birthday button. I know when cast members see guest wearing birthday buttons they always wish them a happy birthday. I too will sometimes wish someone a happy birthday if I see a button but I don't think anyone says anything to anyone wearing the celebration button.

In the past few years, I've been to Disney around and ON my birthday.
Last year I wore the bday button on the 28th, 29, took it off for the 30th since it was my friends bday, and by the 3rd day, was SO over wearing it as I feel compelled to say thank you to everyone who says something and it gets to be a bit much.

The year before I was working in disney on my actual bday, wore it for 1/2 the day after leaving work, and we celebrated a few days later & I wore it proudly.

I honestly see no problem if a trip is to celebrate your bday, do a couple days with a birthday button, and the rest with celebrating if you feel! My birthday's memorial day weekend and we vowed after this year to NEVER go back that weekend since it's so freaking busy, we'd go at the beginning of the month and pretend! My group of friends is also spread out all through north america starting in Feb, and our birthdays are late March, mid April, and late May, yet we're going to meet in WDW April 27-May 6th and just each kinda choose a day to celebrate then.

LONG STORY SHORT, if the trip is to celebrate you birthday, wear that birthday button proudly, at least for one day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!