• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Celebration World Resort

Keeva

Mouseketeer
Has anyone stayed at Celebration World Resort thru Discount Hotels? If so what did you think of this place.We are thinking about staying there in December.
Thanks in advance

Hi Keeva.
We stayed there with an RCI exchange. We were pleased. It was relatively close to Disney and had adequate ameneties. Nothing was within walking distance, you'll need a car to enjoy the area from this resort. I 'd be happy to help with specific quesitons.. or else I'll ramble incoherantly! : )

Please ramble!

And during your ramblings, were you in a 1-bedroom or 2? Do you know anything about their rates? And are what are the options at the resort for food?

The Celebration World Resort is running a good deal on www.eleisurelink.com for the one bedroom, $55 a night. A friend of mine went the same week I went down to Orlando in January. She liked the resort but decided she wouldn't buy because, as she said, the staff wasn't very organized. The tour was not required with Leisure Link's rate.

Thanks everyone.Does anyone know anything about Discounthotels.com?
www.elesurelink.com has this condo(3 bedroom) listed for $145 a night Discounthotel has it for $114Thanks again

Here's a cut and paste of my review for the TUG:

We were pleased with this resort. I knew that our 1 bedroom could (would) be one of the smaller lock off units so I was not unhappy when that was what we were assigned . We were in unit B21 (Building B-2nd floor, unit 1) This unit was on the end of a U shaped building, with a nicely landscaped central courtyard. There had been a surprise visit by Jack Frost the week before, so some of the foliage showed signs of damage. The unit was next to the stairs on the end of the building and part of a larger unit ( lock- off). Elevators were available in the center of the U.

As the RCI description stated, there was a full kitchen. At first, I was surprised to see a pizza pan and metal bake ware with the pots and pan, but then I noticed that the Microwave was also a convection oven! What a great idea. There was also a cook top with 2 burners in the kitchen. The smaller, full size refrigerator had an ice maker. The washer and dryer were a nice addition. They were not placed in a closet, so at times, they were quite noisy, but the convenience of having them in the unit more than out-weighed the noise. We had trouble with the coffee maker and had to call housekeeping 3 time to get it replaced. The was really the only negative.

The living room, kitchen, dining area and bathroom were all covered with ceramic tile, with an interesting border design in the living area. The walls we painted a light , sunny yellow and the woodwork and doors were white. The bathroom was a teal color. Just a normal tub, sink and ( Loud) toilet. 4 sets of towels were provided, along with soap. ( we received a mid week towel change) The furnishings were adequate, with a round table and 4 chairs in the dining area, the small living room had a comfy wicker chair and a brocade upholstered sleeper sofa in a pale yellow. There was a large screen 35" television in the living area. The bedroom had it’s own television in a white amoire which had 3 drawers, which matched the 2 bed side tables that also had good storage in one and the other stored the safe. There was another chair in the bedroom which made this room feel a little cramped.. these rooms are very small. There was a queen size bed which was ok for sleeping, the pillows were very nice. ( fitted bottom sheet) The bedroom was carpeted. There was a large closet that was also storage for the iron and ironing board.

We had a screened in balcony, which was accessed by a sliding door in the bedroom and a french door from the living room. The view here was not the best, it looked out over the future construction area, which was acting as staff parking since there was not construction at this time. The area was fenced and screened from view for lower floors. This is also the area they keep the trash dumpsters. Luckily, we are not late sleepers so we were already awake when the trash truck came early the morning to empty them. ( 2 times during the week) It was quick and did not bother us, but I did notice how loud they were. We did hear the neighbors dog, This resort allows pets in certain units. I believe it had been left there while the owners were out themeparking and just wanted to get our attention. This was not much of a nusiance and once it was used to us talking it quieted down, we never heard it when the owners were home ( we did not hear the owners, either J )

Check in here was very quick! We were greeted at the entrance of the resort by a security guard.. She had a very pleasing personality and made us feel right at home.. She recognized us all the next week and teased us about making " our Curfew" when we came in late.. she was great! The lobby and check in process was very efficient. We were invited to attend a tour and given our "welcome" gift ( a coffee cup and coupons). We declined the tour and were not pressured any more that week.

The pool area is smallish but very well designed. It had a small zero level entry area and a child’s mushroom fountain in the kiddie pool. There was an extensive daily list of crafts and activities for all ages. I walked from our unit and made it in less than 5 mins. The grounds are nicely landscaped and there is a small lake ( pond) with a fountain. All buildings except A & B ( at this time, more are scheduled to be built next to A & B) look out to some woodsy land or this lake. Those would have the best view. One thing that struck me as unusual, were the numerous full size cow statues, that were decorated in amusing ways, some painted creatively others covered with compact disks… interesting, but unusual….

We were close to the attractions even though this resort was kind of out of the way. The travel time to Disneyworld was about 15mins. The grocery store was 5 mins.. Closest restaurants 3 mins. There is nothing close enough to walk to from this resort. We had a car so this was not a problem, I even liked to seclusion of it. You will have to have a car to enjoy this resort. There is some road construction, I believe road widening, and also changing the lay out of " Old Lake Wilson" road’s entrance to hwy 192. When this is finished, the directions from RCI say that there is a Sizzler and a Ponderosa restaurants at the entrance will be incorrect. All in all, I would rate this resort a 8.0 clean, in good repair and a good location close to Disneyworld

This resort had a "take out" menu for breakfast and lunch.. I still have the info, I 'll try to remember it on Monday. It also had a soda and snack machine near the pool.. There is no snack bar or restaurant at this resort. We did not miss having one though.

Keeva

We have booked a one bed condo with discounthotels.cc and they very quickly sent an email thanking us for the booking, then another one confirming it together with a map of how to get there - so they seem pretty good! Also, there is no mention of having to attend a presentation either with this resort, as there does seem to be with some of the others that they are selling!

Well I did it. I booked 4 nights December 28-31,3BR condo for 114+Tax 127. Can't beat that for new years.Then on to Disney for the next 4 nights.We are driving down so transporation won't be a problem. Also have AP's so we get free parking.It will be our first time for Christmas decorations and I can't wait.:pinkbounc

Bumping this up to find out more information.
Anyone stayed in a 2 bedroom? What kind of restaruants are nearby or close by for breakfast? What kind of activities did the resort have for kids (5 and 8)? May be staying there 1st week of June.

DiscountHotels has the Celebration World Resort for $30 (1-bedroom condo), but you do have to attend a 90 minute presentation. You do get a free breakfast though. It's $70 for a 2-bedroom condo, and $95 for a 3-bedroom condo that sleeps up to 10 people. http://www.discounthotels.cc/

Has anyone ever attended the presentation at Celebration? How high pressure is it? 30 a night plus 40 per night after 3 nights is a great deal. I have never been through a time share presentation before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter