Celebrity Ascent newbie - lot's of questions! Experienced with Disney only

brentm77

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone. We are venturing away from Disney for the first time ever. Two adults. We sailed Disney for the Eastern Med last year and decided to try something new for the Western Med this time. Ship will be the Ascent. It will be early June 2024. Ports are Barcelona, Cannes, Florence/Pisa, Ajaccio, Cagliari, Valletta, Sicily, Naples, Rome. We have cruised to Sicily, Naples, Rome before, and are so excited to go back to those ports.

1) Is there any real advantage to port or starboard verandah room?

2) I am a bit hesitant about the infinity verandah. I tend to spend a lot of time out there while my wife is getting ready or relaxing indoors. I don't like the idea of essentially opening a window to the entire room, which can then not be airconditioned. What are other peoples experiences?

3) We are in concierge, but could switch to the sunset verandah in the back if we move out of concierge. How beneficial is concierges for this type of itinerary? How are the Sunset verandahs?

4) Is it true that dining is all anytime, even though the website asked us to pick a time and we picked 6? If so, should I switch to anytime so I can make dining reservations at specific times? We like to eat early.

5) Does anyone who has moved from Disney to Celebrity have any tips?

Thanks! We are so excited to try a new line.

Hello everyone. We are venturing away from Disney for the first time ever. Two adults. We sailed Disney for the Eastern Med last year and decided to try something new for the Western Med this time. Ship will be the Ascent. It will be early June 2024. Ports are Barcelona, Cannes, Florence/Pisa, Ajaccio, Cagliari, Valletta, Sicily, Naples, Rome. We have cruised to Sicily, Naples, Rome before, and are so excited to go back to those ports.

1) Is there any real advantage to port or starboard verandah room?

2) I am a bit hesitant about the infinity verandah. I tend to spend a lot of time out there while my wife is getting ready or relaxing indoors. I don't like the idea of essentially opening a window to the entire room, which can then not be airconditioned. What are other peoples experiences?

3) We are in concierge, but could switch to the sunset verandah in the back if we move out of concierge. How beneficial is concierges for this type of itinerary? How are the Sunset verandahs?

4) Is it true that dining is all anytime, even though the website asked us to pick a time and we picked 6? If so, should I switch to anytime so I can make dining reservations at specific times? We like to eat early.

5) Does anyone who has moved from Disney to Celebrity have any tips?

Thanks! We are so excited to try a new line.
We’re DCL Platinum CC members that have made the switch to Celebrity and have been very happy with the move.

1 - The Magic Carpet is on the starboard side of the ship so if you’ll see that if you’re looking out the side of the ship. It’s normally up on either the pool deck or deck 5 and really shouldn’t bother you. As for which side of the ship, I look at the trip and see which side would have the most sun in the afternoon, which can make it hot on the balcony and pick that way. When docked the starboard side will be the one you usually dock next to so better chance or seeing another ship outside your window.

2- I’ve never stayed in one but my understanding is that there is a set of panels that can be closed to separate the veranda from the room. What I don’t know is if that would allow the AC to run if they are closed and the window is open.

3 - Sorry, can’t answer.

4 - You really don’t need a set time for the MDR, you might have to wait 10/15 minutes at the most.

5 - Just enjoy yourself. It it a different experience, more laid back.

I do recommend you go check out the Celebrity section over on Cruise Critic, lots of info over there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter