Celebrity DVC Members

We saw Anthony Edwards (Top Gun - Tom Cruise's co-pilot, ER - Dr. Green) and his family on the boat from Epcot to BW last December. They didn't get off, so they must have been staying at either YC/BC or S/D.

We saw a bunch of celebs in December 2001 when we were there the same time as Walt's 100th B-Day. We saw a taping of Millionaire with Regis & Olympic Champs and then Regis & Kelly taping the Christmas Parade.

On my first of now close to 30 trips to Disney started in 1986. I was 22... and that was it for me.

Anway.... I saw Henry Kissinger! I couldn't believe that he would be interested in Disney, but they ushered him to the front of the lines.

This has nothing to do with Disney or DVC for that matter other than he has a driving school at WDW. We just saw Richard Petty and his wife and some other folks out eating at a Japanese steakhouse. I saw him poke his head in while we were eating and told my DW, DD and DS I just saw him. My DW and DD both said Uh-Uh at the same time. Boy did I prove them wrong! He and his family came in to be seated and everybody else saw him then. Ive been ribbing them both saying it takes a little faith, trust and pixie dust to believe ol Dad. This has just happened within the past hour that I am writing this. No big deal, thought it might excite some Nascar fans.

I've been drooling reading all these names-so I've got to add my celeb sighting as well.
Except for our photos of Mike (madcoco) and family, absolutely nothing compares to the picture we got when we ran into Harrison Ford at Beaches and Cream in the spring of 2000!
My thirty-something sister still hasn't stopped talking about how good that man looks in a black t-shirt.......:rolleyes:

Well I guess I'll add to the list of celebrity sightings too!! Back in the early 90's we saw Brian Dennehy at Pinocchio's Village Haus at MK. He was with a bunch of his family.

In 99 we were at MGM when we saw Tony Bennett. He was actually there to promote his new book and sang a few songs and did autographs. We weren't expecting to see him there but it was a nice surprise!

On that same trip we were walking around Downtown Disney when we saw a HUGE crowd near Planet Hollywood and found out that the group 98 degrees was making an appearance there. We stuck around and saw them walk in.

I was on the College Program last fall and one of my roommates worked at Peter Pan at MK. One day a massive crowd of people came through the handicap area and it was Michael Jackson and two of his kids. They were wearing their veils and my roommate put them on the ride and when they got back Michael asked her, "Is it alright if we go again?" She told him sure and they were off once again!

And my big finale of celebrity sightings at WDW is by far the most memorable.... One day at MGM we were walking through the streets when we saw a crowd (strange but I just realized almost all of my sightings involve a crowd of people!! :p ). We pushed our way through and saw.... Jim Henson!!!!! He had Kermit the Frog with him and was doing a little promo spot. My dad got out his video camera and my mom took photos so we have it all on film and those memories are priceless. Sadly, it was only a few months later that he died.

Alyssa :earsgirl:

I heard a few years back that Tom Cruise was an OKW member. I have no idea how true this is; I’ve certainly never bumped into him!

And I’ve also heard that Michael Eisner and his family stay at OKW. Again, I’ve never seen them.

Penny in PA

We saw Joe Namath at MGM in Dec. '01. My wife even got to ride the Tower of Terror with him. He sat in the middle seat without the lap bar. That was one picture my wife had to buy. On the same trip, we also saw the bass singer for the Statler Brothers (can't remember his name). I had to ask his wife for a pen, so i could get his autograph. He was very down to earth and friendly. He spoke with us for at least five minutes, before we had to leave them sitting near the Hunchback of Notre Dame show. Also on the same trip, we saw Kevin Greene (NFL defensive lineman). He used to play for Pittsburgh, but I don't know who he plays for now. Also same trip, we just missed Steven Tyler on Rock and Roller coaster. We heard several people talking about him just being there. Sorry, fairly new at this so no special effects.

A few years ago we sat next to Leslie Neilson at the Adventurers Club bar at PI. Felt kind of sorry for him. All the patrons kept hollering "Officer Drebben"! I guess when you're a celeb everyone wants you to be "ON" all the time. Goes with the fame, I guess.

Apparently Mariah Carey ate at one of the restaurants at the Beach Club and/or stayed there this past January. I did not see her but I overheard someone saying they ate at the table next to her. Anyone else hear about this?

We have seen Don Mattingly (Yankee 1st baseman) on the OKW bus and also at the resort with his wife and son)--about 5 years ago. We were told they were DVC OKW members.

We have been told that Michael Eisner also stays at OKW, obviously no membership needed there.

We were at the Coral Reef Restaurant in Epcot and saw some bodyguards there----Jimmy and Roslyn Carter---they let us take a picture with them!!! ;)

My brother has seen Steven Tyler of Aerosmith at the BWV two NY'S Eves in a row and my son played some of the boardwalk midway games with the son of one of the members of Boyz to Men. The Boyz to Men guy (no idea what his name is) asked my wife and I if my son could play some of the games with his son. The only reason I knew he was a celebrity was he was accompanied by a Disney Security guy and a tour guide. A CM had to tell me who he was. My son and I saw Barry Bonds a few years ago at the ESPN Club. My brother was mistaken for Chevy Chase one night while we were eating at Beaches and Cream. He sort of resembles Chevy Chase and we could hear the CM's talking about him. He left them a note that said " Thanks for a great meal." He signed it "CC". Does that count?

Gary

I'll apologize now for the length of this post, but I have to share this story in its entirety. It probably won't sound as neat as the occurence itself, but every word is true.

Before DS was born, my wife and I went to WDW each May and then in October to watch the PGA golf tournament and then golf the next week. The day after the tournament in 1999 we went to the Palm/Magnolia pro shop to see if any of the remaining tournament merchandise was on sale. It was about 5:00 or so in the afternoon as we walked toward the pro shop which is adjacent to the locker room. No one was around by that time.

As we were about 10 yards from the locker room a golf cart pulled up and a tall gentleman got off and walked into the locker room carrying a change of clothes. Shocked, I turned to my wife and said that's Dr. J, Julius Erving from the Philly 76ers, who at the time was an executive with the Orlando Magic pro basketball team! I hurried into the pro shop to grab a golf card for him to sign while my wife walked back to the car for the camera.

I came back outside of the pro shop and waited as another golf cart pulled up with a gentlman in an Orlando Magic shirt and a straw golf hat. We were the only people there and as he just sat for a few seconds I realized it was Curly Neal formerly of the Harlem Globetrotters! I walked over and introduced myself and talked about how I used to watch him and the Globetrotters play in my hometown about 25 years earlier. He seemed genuinely appreciative that someone remembered him.

I asked if he could sign the golf card I had and he told me to get in the cart and go to his car in the parking lot where he has pictures he can sign. As we drove to his car, around the corner comes my wife walking with the camera! We stop at Curly's car and I introduce my wife and we chat as he searches in the trunk for a picture. He finds a picture of his classic dribbling from his knees pose and proceeds to sign it, "To my good friends Ron & Nadine, Curly Neal" As he's writing yet another golf cart pulls up. Curly tells the guy to come over and says, "Hey, I'd like you to meet my good friends from Pennsylvania Ron & Nadine." Curly then says, "Ron & Nadine, this is Dennis Newman, voice of the Orlando Magic."

After we all talked for a few minutes Curly asks if we knew Dr. J was in the locker room. He drives Nadine and I back to the locker room in the golf cart where we talk for a minute and say our nice to meet yous and so longs. A few minutes later, sure enough Dr. J emerges and we also meet him and get his autograph.

It all lasted only about 20 minutes, but it was something neat that we'll always remember.

If you actually read this whole thing, thanks for your pateince!

Originally posted by RonH
After we all talked for a few minutes Curly asks if we knew Dr. J was in the locker room. He drives Nadine and I back to the locker room in the golf cart where we talk for a minute and say our nice to meet yous and so longs. A few minutes later, sure enough Dr. J emerges and we also meet him and get his autograph.

Thanks for sharing the story. Dr J was one of my all time favorite NBA players.
basket.gif

We just got back from Cal. and we met Gordon Flapp (Red-haired cop) from NYPD Blues on line at California Screamin. Nice guy. Talked to everyone.

Brittany Spears and Joey McIntrye were in the car before us on space mountain 1999 - would have been the same car but they got to ride alone-Disney security and camera people so was probably for promotional purposes.

Saw the taping of the Christmas show at MK and there when recording Becky G. Really had no idea who she was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter