Central Europe: Austria, Germany & Czech Rep. Meets Thread

DisneyKevin

Kelvis
Super Moderator
Here you go!

Let the discussion, planning, plotting and waiting begin.:thumbsup2

Roll Call:

Current:
  • Jun 19 - 27, 2015 - SingingMom, DH & DD (21)
  • Jun 26 - Jul 4, 2015 - tanyajs, DH, DS (13), DD (11) & DS (6) & 2 other families of friends (13 in total)
  • Jul 3 - 11, 2015 - vimilbc, DH, DS (13) & DD(11)
  • Sep 4 - 12, 2015
    • - Monica Mousley & DH
    • - hacknsuit & wife
  • Sep 18 -26, 2015
    • - wdwtheplacetobe & Alacrity
    • - smile750 (Jen), her Dad (Ira) & sister (Melissa)
  • Sep 16 - 24, 2016 - Cinderella's Slipper 2015
Previous:

• Jun 14 - 22, 2014
    • - aggiemomx3 & 2 adult daughters
    • - PixiePrincess310 (Allie) & husband (Bill)
  • Jun 21 - 29, 2014
    • - RSM, wife, & son (11)
    • - abbyjt & ?
  • Jul 5 - 13, 2014
    • - Calfan, DH, DD (11) & DS (9)
    • - west&east (Karen), DH, DD(15), DS(11), & MIL & FIL
    • - hilarys (Hilary), DH, DS (11) & DD (9)
    • - disneyphx, DH & DD (9)
  • Jul 12 -20, 2014
    • - jcarlstrom (Jennifer), husband, son (11, turning 12 on the trip), son (9) & daughter (7)
    • - Currahee, wife, daughter (17) & daughter (7)
    • - Kim (chanibustie), DH Pradeep, DS Deven (8), DD Nora (7)
    • - Marthasor, DH, DMIL & DS6 (almost 7)
    • - ivrier, wife, daughter (8) & daughter (17)
  • Aug 2 - 10, 2014
    • - tsgirl, husband & three daughters (who will be 16, 20, and 22)
    • - *WDW*Groupie* & son (23 at time of trip)
  • Sep 13 - 21, 2014
    • - Tozzie
    • - n8tivecaligirl & ??
    • - distravel & DH

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I requested this thread, I'll start! We just booked the 7/5/14 trip. It will be me, DH, DD (11 at time of travel) and DS (9 at time of travel). This will be our second ABD, although we are still counting down to our first: Scotland in August. I wasn't expecting to be so excited about the Central Europe itinerary. I was intrigued when the trip was announced, but then totally blown away yesterday when I started looking into Prague, Ceský Krumlov and Berchtesgaden and looking at pictures (I have been to Salzburg and Vienna but a long time ago). The salt mines look so cool, but so many of the activities sound great. We are definitely planning to spend some time in Prague before the ABD. Now I'm off to think about things like trip insurance and racking up some more miles for flights. Hope some others will join me on this thread soon.

We'll be on the Jun 21st trip - myself, hubby, and son (11 next year) and daughter (9).

We're really excited about the itinerary. We'll probably first go to Paris again for a couple of days, then Munich for a couple of days before heading to Prague. My hubby is really into soccer and is excited to be in Europe during the World Cup. :)

We did Bella Italia last year, and heading out to Scotland in a few weeks, so this will be our 3rd trip.

Just got off the Fantasy where my DH and I booked the 6/14 of this trip.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Were you able to get the 10% discount on the trip during the Fantasy cruise?

Hi Paddles- hope to see you on the 6/21 trip. We called to book last Tuesday, but are waiting to hear back. At that time, there were 9 people booked on the 6/21 trip. Although they had plenty of singles, doubles and quads, they didn't have any triples left. So, they are seeing if the ops department will can get a triple. If not, we'll probably do the Tauck Bridges Danube river cruise. Just wish they would let us know one way or the other, so we can move forward with some plan.

RSM - we just changed our reservation last night because my mother decided not to go on the trip with us....so we changed one of our triple rooms to a double. So you should call them this morning since that would open up a triple on the 6/21 trip!

Thanks Paddles. Just called and they had held the triple for us. So, we are confirmed. It will be myself, wife, and son (age 11 at the time).

Thanks Paddles. Just called and they had held the triple for us. So, we are confirmed. It will be myself, wife, and son (age 11 at the time).

That's great news - I'm glad it worked out!!

Just booked the Central Europe trip for July 5th! I will be traveling with DH, DD15 (at time of travel, gulp), DS11 and my MIL and FIL.

This will be our first ABD although we have traveled in Europe before, most recently on the Disney Magic Med cruise.

Wooohoooo! Super excited. BTW, booked through Costco and also provided our Annual Passholder number for some special gift...

Just booked the Central Europe trip for July 5th! I will be traveling with DH, DD15 (at time of travel, gulp), DS11 and my MIL and FIL.

This will be our first ABD although we have traveled in Europe before, most recently on the Disney Magic Med cruise.

Wooohoooo! Super excited. BTW, booked through Costco and also provided our Annual Passholder number for some special gift...

Very exciting! We are on the same trip as you. My DD will be 11 at time of travel (same as your son).

Very exciting! We are on the same trip as you. My DD will be 11 at time of travel (same as your son).

Awesome! And jealous that you have Scotland and another cruise before next year. We actually are booked to go back on the Fantasy next spring break because we enjoyed it this year so much, but that still may change...

Strange, we were told no discount available for booking ABD on our Fantasy Cruise... was that just for DVC members or something?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!