Chances of a 2 bedroom at GVC at 7 months?

connorlevismom

DIS Veteran
We are looking to go next October and I will have 1/2 the points and need to purchase transfer points from another member. What I want to know is if I try and book a 2 bedroom at 7 months, does anyone know my chances?

OR

If I buy transfer points from someone who has GCV points, will I be able to book at the 11 month mark with only part of the points being "real" GCV points?

Does this make sense?

We are looking to go next October and I will have 1/2 the points and need to purchase transfer points from another member. What I want to know is if I try and book a 2 bedroom at 7 months, does anyone know my chances?

OR

If I buy transfer points from someone who has GCV points, will I be able to book at the 11 month mark with only part of the points being "real" GCV points?

Does this make sense?

I have been lucky to get a dedicated 2 bedroom twice at VGC booking at the 7 month mark.

You have a good chance... But you never know,

OR

Does this make sense?

If you find a VGC owner willing to transfer you points, you can use them at 11 months - but only them. So you'd need to get enough VGC points transfered for your whole stay, or you could book only that part of the stay for which you had enough VGC points at 11 months and then try for the other days at 7 months with your own home resort points.

As for 2 bedrooms, they seem to go pretty quickly, but there are a "lot" of them, at least when compared with studios, because there are the dedicated 2 bedrooms in addition to the one bedroom + studio = two bedrooms.

If you are able to book right at the 7 month mark, 8 am Eastern, online, then I think you have a pretty good shot. :)

We are 3 for 3, one in September, one in October and have one booked for this December. All dedicated 2 bedrooms for 7 nights.

Good Luck!

VGF is still in the development of any patterns but dedicated 2BRs were open 7 months out for much of Oct in 2014 except for Columbus Day weekend and the weekend after. Studios (and as a result 2BR lock-offs of which all studios are a part) were gone at 7 months out much of the month.

VGF is still in the development of any patterns but dedicated 2BRs were open 7 months out for much of Oct in 2014 except for Columbus Day weekend and the weekend after. Studios (and as a result 2BR lock-offs of which all studios are a part) were gone at 7 months out much of the month.

I think the OP was asking about VGC, not VGF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter