Chances of getting any resort Columbus Day week

StaciMay

I love Disney!
I am currently on day 16 of waiting on ROFR for my first DVC purchase (160 pts at BLT). We are going to WDW Oct 12-16, 2013. If I pass ROFR it will prob be end of July before I have access to my points. What are my chances of getting a reservation at any resort 2-3 months out? We need a 1 br or studio. Not interested in split stay as we have infant twins and don't want to move around. Thanks!

Your chances are not good. That is a high DVC demand time. Currently, even SSR, always the last place to be booked full, has a couple of your days already full for both studio and 1BR.

Your chances are not good. That is a high DVC demand time. Currently, even SSR, always the last place to be booked full, has a couple of your days already full for both studio and 1BR.

Thanks for checking. That is what I was afraid of. I guess I will make a cash reservation and wait list a DVC resort. Which resort and category should I wait list that will give me the best chance of coming through. Prefer 1BR or studio.

I would book whatever nights were available when you get your points in a 1 bedroom at SSR. I would then use my 2 available waitlists to split up any remaining nights and hope for the best. SSR is the biggest resort and is usually the last to book up totally, so it would be your best shot at such a late date. 1 bedrooms usually book up after studios since people don't like to spend double the amount of points for a room that sleeps 4 just like a studio does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter