Change avatar?

JimMIA

There's more to life than mice...
How do I change my avatar now? It used to be a simple, straightforward change, but I can't figure it out now with the recent software change. I'm using Google Chrome on Windows 10, if that matters.

Thanks for any help.

How do I change my avatar now? It used to be a simple, straightforward change, but I can't figure it out now with the recent software change. I'm using Google Chrome on Windows 10, if that matters.

Thanks for any help.
Click on your username in the upper right. Click on "Account Details"

Scroll down to "Avatar", follow directions.

Click on your username in the upper right. Click on "Account Details"

Scroll down to "Avatar", follow directions.
Thanks. I tried that, but didn't find "Avatar." I found it on another discussion website that uses the same software, but not here.

Thanks. I tried that, but didn't find "Avatar." I found it on another discussion website that uses the same software, but not here.
When I click on "Account Details" this is what I see:

I'm on Windows 10 with Chrome, also.

Yeah, I don't get that. Sometimes I get my signature, sometimes not. But I don't get the avatar at all. Tried it with both Chrome and Windows Edge.

I also sometimes get temporary timeouts, where I have to wait a few minutes to post a reply. Don't know what's going on, but my browser is completely up to date and I have zero problems with any other website...including another one that uses the same platform.

Thanks for the help, tho.

If you have any active infraction points, some functions may be disabled until they expire. Not sure if that’s what’s going on with your situation, but just a possibility.

If you have any active infraction points, some functions may be disabled until they expire. Not sure if that’s what’s going on with your situation, but just a possibility.
Thanks. That could explain it, although you would think sanctions like that would be more effective if people knew they were being sanctioned.

Time for a nice long break anyway...

@PrincessShmoo , thanks again for your help!

I cannot seem to be able to change my avatar either. I am assuming it's because I am still earning my ears, and need to make more posts and maybe comments?

I cannot seem to be able to change my avatar either. I am assuming it's because I am still earning my ears, and need to make more posts and maybe comments?
The extra options (participating in private conversations/avatar) are available after you've posted 10 times (posts on DVC boards don't count). It can take the system a little while to recognize when you reach that milestone, so be patient.

The extra options (participating in private conversations/avatar) are available after you've posted 10 times (posts on DVC boards don't count). It can take the system a little while to recognize when you reach that milestone, so be patient.

Thank you! Meaning any of the forums under the header "Disney Vacation Club" does not count? If so That's entirely where I've been active :D

[EDIT: I now can change my avatar, so I think this post made my post count high enough <3]

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!