Changes at US/IoA since Feb 2017?

kim31kim

Mouseketeer
We will be visiting Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure in February. Our last visit was in Feb 2017 and it was just my husband and I...This time we are taking our 8 year old daughter with us. Is there a resource available showing things that have changed in the parks since Feb 2017? I know about Volcano Bay and the new Adventura Hotel and also that Dragon Challenge is no longer open. Are there any other major changes? (or small ones that I should look for)

Terminator show has closed down, sinbad show is closed as well, fast and furious and jimmy Fallon rides have opened, voodoo donuts is open in city walk... can’t think of anything else now but I’m sure I’m missing some.

Thanks for the replies!! Do you guys have any idea when the new HP ride or the Nintendo attractions will happen? We thought about holding off on this trip for the new HP ride but decided to go ahead for Feb 2019.

New HP is sometime in 2019, and I think the most recent info about Nintendo is it will be a few years later (perhaps even in a third park).

Fallon opened, there's a new nighttime show at Studios (that's pretty good), and Fast and Furious opened. Nothing new at Islands (well there is a neat new cotton candy place in Suess) and the potter coaster won't be open by then (assuming you go before the summer). There's a running timeline on the dibb uk site https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/timeline.php

It only lists officially announced things when they have an actual public opening date though.

The Terminator 2 change will open up sometime next year. This is a link to a photo of how it looks now (both sides opened up and extended and major work going on inside right now)
https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct/status/1074615250979356672

Terminator show has closed down, sinbad show is closed as well, fast and furious and jimmy Fallon rides have opened, voodoo donuts is open in city walk... can’t think of anything else now but I’m sure I’m missing some.

Wait, Sinbad is closed? I'm glad we caught it on our last trip. My kids are strangely fond of it. Is there a replacement?

To add our opinions on the new things you mentioned -- my kids enjoyed Fallon and are looking forward to riding it again, and we were entertained by Fast and Furious only because it was SO bad that it was funny. And Voodoo donuts was so good that I will probably wake up early on our first morning on our next trip to get donuts for everyone, but we are huge donut fans.

I can only think of the latest change which are the ride lockers fee

The small lockers do not have a charge
but the next size up does

Did this happen within the last 3 weeks? We were there Nov 29 - Dec 1 and used the bigger lockers many times and never paid a fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter