Changes one year to the next: Aug 2016-Aug 2017

oneIIIone

DVC 2007; WDW 20 x
We've been fortunate to get to WDW almost annually for some time now (DVC was a great decision for our family!). Many of you note the updates and rumors of changes here in so many threads, and I'm sure can make similar observations as this.....

We finished up at Polynesian Tuesday, 8/8 and was a little surprised (although I shouldn't be, right?) at how easily it was this time to throw an "off the top of my head" list of this year's tweakings / new building / and continued remaking there was around the property in just one year between last year's trip and this year's. In no particular order, and without refreshing any of these by reading:

Noticed new from
Aug 2016 to Aug 2017

~Space mountain exterior changing colored lights (spire still in scaffolding)
~Security checkpoint at MK closer to bus pavilions
~Security entering monorail Resort loop at Poly, GF, etc w no check at MK
~added monitors above line queues w safety and loading info
~new Monorail uniforms
~word from a CM that alcohol will be offered as part of quick service dining plan next year
~quick service dining plan includes 2 snacks as opposed to one being a desert w meals
~main st shops closed doors right at one hour after park closing
~pictures taken on Pirates of Caribbean (camera and attention-getting pirate face high on left after beach skeleton scene and before boat drop slide)
~Express transportation
~Mobil ordering at a growing number of restaurants
~emergency exit / staircase LED lighting increased Resort-wide
~obviously the construction around MK toll booth and along areas where Skyliner gondola is being built.

PC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter