CassieRuns

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I have read through numerous posts surrounding the new Fast Pass policy that took effect last year; if you cancel your onsite Disney hotel that your FP's were automatically cancelled.

That I understand and it does make total sense.

Where I am struggling to gain clarification is this: If you have a Walt Disney World room only reservation and you book another Walt Disney World reservation for the same time frame (plus/minus one day) - will you retain your original fast passes?

I was unable to simply 'modify' my hotel and the one we originally wanted became available today so we booked it. We are not trying to scam anything - it's onsite and onsite which means that currently in my MDE it shows two consecutive hotel reservations. I'm just worried that if I cancel the original hotel that all my fast passes will be deleted.

Has anyone had experience with this recently? Our trip is in 3 weeks and I would be heartbroken if we had to start all of our FP's over again...

Hi all,

I have read through numerous posts surrounding the new Fast Pass policy that took effect last year; if you cancel your onsite Disney hotel that your FP's were automatically cancelled.

That I understand and it does make total sense.

Where I am struggling to gain clarification is this: If you have a Walt Disney World room only reservation and you book another Walt Disney World reservation for the same time frame (plus/minus one day) - will you retain your original fast passes?

I was unable to simply 'modify' my hotel and the one we originally wanted became available today so we booked it. We are not trying to scam anything - it's onsite and onsite which means that currently in my MDE it shows two consecutive hotel reservations. I'm just worried that if I cancel the original hotel that all my fast passes will be deleted.

Has anyone had experience with this recently? Our trip is in 3 weeks and I would be heartbroken if we had to start all of our FP's over again...
For my upcoming Feb trip I had 2 reservations while DD decided on what time she could get off. I didn't lose my passes when I canceled one of the 2 res I had booked.

For my upcoming Feb trip I had 2 reservations while DD decided on what time she could get off. I didn't lose my passes when I canceled one of the 2 res I had booked.

Did you cancel the one reservation within the 60 day window or the 30 day window?

If both reservations are on-property and they both are linked to your MDE account you can cancel the other without any issues to you current FPs.

I do this all the time...The KEY is making sure BOTH reservations are linked to your account.

****Please note if you are moving from an On-Property Reservation to something Off-Property leave that On-Property linked until you are within your 30 Days FP Window or you WILL likely lose them.

I was trying to avoid calling but I'm so worried that I think I will just call - I've taken screenshots too just in case. Thanks guys! :)

We were going to have to do a split stay this coming February at PO-FQ and PO-R due to AP rate availability. We had already done our FPs and were able to get a AP rate at Riverside for the entire length of our stay. Booked that first and called Disney to make sure we didn't lose FPs. No problems at all. Cancelled the other two and FPs still there.

I wonder how (if) that new policy is being implemented. I cancelled my onsite stay 32 days out specifically so I would have time to rebook my FP at 30 days out, and my original ones were never cancelled. I got 3 emails 2 days after cancelling (one for each day I had FP scheduled) that they would be cancelled unless I did one of 3 things. Two of those things were about linking tickets (which we already have,) the 3rd was to link a new resort reservation, which I don't have. I went online every day at 7 AM for a week prepared to make new FP but the first set is still there. I have been able to go in and modify some of them.

I'm not advocating anyone do this, just reporting my experience with cancelling the reservation. Is it a fluke?

I wonder how (if) that new policy is being implemented. I cancelled my onsite stay 32 days out specifically so I would have time to rebook my FP at 30 days out, and my original ones were never cancelled. I got 3 emails 2 days after cancelling (one for each day I had FP scheduled) that they would be cancelled unless I did one of 3 things. Two of those things were about linking tickets (which we already have,) the 3rd was to link a new resort reservation, which I don't have. I went online every day at 7 AM for a week prepared to make new FP but the first set is still there. I have been able to go in and modify some of them.

I'm not advocating anyone do this, just reporting my experience with cancelling the reservation. Is it a fluke?

When I called Disney; the cast member wasn't even entirely sure. She (was lovely) but had to put me on hold while she checked with the MDE Team. Apparently; it's at the sole discretion of the My Disney Experience Team to monitor the fast passes. She did tell me that they made a note of my current FP's so that they could reinstate them if something were to happen - so to me it sounds like it is a combination of trying to trust the system and manually monitoring?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter