Changing resorts during our stay, can we get the DP for part of the stay?

MELSMICE

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disney World we'll go. It'll be
On our next trip we are staying at the Boardwalk for 5 nights & then moving over to OKW in a 2BR. Is it possible to only get the DP for the 5 nights we will be at the Boardwalk?

Yes. When you change resorts you actually have separate ressies for each. If you dont want to continue the dining plan after you change resorts you can get park tickets long enough to cover the whole vacation with your first resort.

beth_cam said:
Yes. When you change resorts you actually have separate ressies for each. If you dont want to continue the dining plan after you change resorts you can get park tickets long enough to cover the whole vacation with your first resort.

Thank you. We actually have AP's, so that's not a concern.

My other question, if you can answer is.....................

I saw that it said you can't get any AP or other discounts with the dining plan unless you go through AAA. Can I get a AAA rate for the room if available? & if I was able to get it do I have to reserve the room through AAA or can I just get the rate through CRO?

TIA!

You do realize dont you that you have to purchase with the dining package atleat a 1 day ticket for everyone on the reservation to be able to get dining?

If you book through AAA they will give you the room discount and dining (when purchassing tickets as well) but if you are going during free dining you cant.

beth_cam said:
You do realize dont you that you have to purchase with the dining package atleat a 1 day ticket for everyone on the reservation to be able to get dining?

I had totally forgotten about the 1-day ticket purchase - thanks for the reminder. I kept thinking to myself, "why have we never done the dining package before" & that is why.

We have AP's & would have to purchase an additional 5 1-day tickets at almost $60 a person, so at that point, I'm not sure it would be feasable for us.

I'm still going to crunch the numbers to see what I come up with. Thanks for the info.

have to purchase tickets. I could be wrong, but I think DVCers DO NOT have to purchase a whole package. Call your member services. Although I am sure someone here can probably comment.

From Allears:
DVC Members can now add the Disney Dining Plan to their DVC reservations!

Beginning January 3, 2006, call DVC Member services to add the dining plan to your DVC reservations for April 1, 2006, or later.

Oh, wait a minute...you wanted it for the portion of your trip that isn't a DVC reservation. Sorry! Could you switch it around...have DDP while on DVC and not BW?

3PRINCESSMOM said:
Oh, wait a minute...you wanted it for the portion of your trip that isn't a DVC reservation. Sorry! Could you switch it around...have DDP while on DVC and not BW?

The reason we wanted to do the DDP while at BW is because it will only be us 5 & we'll be in the regular hotel part. When we move to OKW, we'll be in a 2BR with other family members. We actually do a good portion of meals in while at OKW (order pizza out, make sandwiches at the pool).

We thought maybe we'd try a few restaurants that we normally don't eat at (now that our DD's all eat adult meals) during the BW portion of our stay.

I still have to crunch the numbers. I'm sure I'll be going back & forth about this whole thing for a while.

Do the 1-day passes have to be used during that particular stay? Do they have to be used by the members of your party only?

I'm not sure how you work it out...but the one day passes dont have to be used at that stay, you just dont use that card when entering the park. I think though since they are on your room key they do 'technically' belong to that particular person. But there might be a way to get them to separate it from your room key. I asked last year if I could give my brother my one day and was told no by one person and maybe by another we didnt go that route so I didnt look further into it. HOWEVER people have been saying you can use your one day towards your ap renewal, or upgrade them for a future trip.

beth_cam said:
I'm not sure how you work it out...but the one day passes dont have to be used at that stay, you just dont use that card when entering the park. I think though since they are on your room key they do 'technically' belong to that particular person. But there might be a way to get them to separate it from your room key. I asked last year if I could give my brother my one day and was told no by one person and maybe by another we didnt go that route so I didnt look further into it. HOWEVER people have been saying you can use your one day towards your ap renewal, or upgrade them for a future trip.

I should probably just call CRO & ask if I could get a 1-day & put it towards an AP right away. The thing is we get our AP's with the DVC discount, so this is another "snaffu" I'm sure.

Another thing is I always seem to get different answers from different CM's whenever I call to ask questions, but I'll give it a try anyway. I'd really like to give the dining plan a try if possible, but I hate to shell out an additional $250-$300 for tickets when we always get AP's.

Gee - what a dilemma, huh! :rolleyes:

I'm going through a similar situation.

I am doing a split stay at AKL & WL... at first I had the AAA room only discount which I booked myself. I 'discovered' the dining plan and really wanted to try this. I also get APs since our stays are lengthy (17 days this time).
Because of the split stay I must purchase the 1 day passes for each of the packages. I also had to go through AAA since they are the only one who can book the AAA rate package with dining. I would have wound up with 4-1 day passes... and in my case I wouldn't be able to do anything with them. This is because I am arriving in Orlando 4 days before my Disney check in and will be purchasing the APs then so we can enter the parks. If I had been going straight to the Disney parks I could have gotten the MYW passes and upgraded them to the APs. I can't get a credit for them though after already purchasing them.

I called Ticket Services to get this info. Of course maybe if you called you might get someone else and they may tell you something different. I don't want to take the chance of getting stuck with 4 tickets I can't use, but I did go for the plan for the last 6 night ressie of the trip.

So give them a call.. you can probably get your MYW passes and upgrade them to APs.

Of course if you already have your APs... disregard my above rambling:)

Have Fun!

You will need to buy one day tickets for each member of your party to get the DDP. However, you do not have to use those tickets for this stay. If you buy a multi-day ticket, they are good for 14 days after the initial use. They can be used by anyone, but will be on your KTTW card for the first stay. They can also be upgraded at any time--thus, you can buy a one day at the time of the ressie and upgrade it to a multi-day after your arrival.

Do all members of the family who will be joining your group at DVC have APs? Would they be interested in paying for the one day passes...or upgrading them to whatever they need?

You can save the one day tickets unused and apply them to an AP renewal. However, I don't know whether you can apply it to a renewal with the DVC discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter