Changing rooms or resorts during your vacation

pwoodham

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/"targe
I see many people saying they are in one resort for a few days and then move to another. I have never considered doing this because I thought the move would take time away from touring and because it would be such a hassle to move all seven of us, including 5 kids under 12. Are there some good reasons to consider it?

One year (a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away) we tried hopping from CBR to DL (now POR) in the middle of a trip. Both hotels were nice, and both had pleasant amenities and dining, BUT WE WILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN. As you suggest, we took about a half a day to semi-pack, move (with Diz trans help), and check-in; which was time we could have been riding Its A Small World...errr, or maybe something else... Anyhow, see different resorts for sure... but do so as a resort hopping decoration viewing diz-nut like us, or on completely separate vacations. You'll find plenty at WDW to occupy your time besides "Hey Hon, is this bag the clean or dirty laundry.?"

later...

Hi,
After a LONG time debating, we decided to stay at Contemporary Tower CLub( got a GOOD DC price) and GF on our next trip. As far as I can understand this, since we are in a Concierge room, we have our private check in and out. This will make things much easier. The resort will send our bags over. Not a problem for me. The night before we pack up, 30 min. of our time. The morning of, I will go and check out while the family does breakfast. Then, we'll do the park. Our plan is EVERY day to take a 2-3 hr. break back at our resort. SO, this is when we will go to GF to check in. Even if our room isn't ready, I can do the check in, and we can chill at the resort. Lots to do there, and the pools too! SO, IMHO, it isn't going to be a problem. And, it will let us enjoy 2 resorts, 2 great rooms w/ hopefully great views, and 2 totally different experiences! We are looking forward to it. Hope this helps.;)

Hello.

We are staying our first 3 nights at CBR and the last 4 at CSR. I haven't done this before and I'm a little worried about the timing too.

The day we change is our sons birthday and I don't want to take time out of the parks. We have requested that our luggage be sent over and then asked for a late check in.

Is this a good idea? I thought that way we could do our day in the parks as normal and check in when we are done that evening.

If anyone has done this with things going smoothly, I would love to know or if someone more experienced has a better suggestion I would welcome it!

Thanks,
Ruth

change this time just to try a new resort.. will start at ASMo and move to either a deluxe for the last few days if we get some good rates or a Mod.. I will pack one night and throw dirty jammies in a bag and away to a park we will go and then check into our new hotel after !
we will be there from 11/29 to 12/07 and my kids are 9 & 6.. Michelle

We are also trying it for the first time. There are only 3 kids, and we pack on the light side, so I don't think it will be too traumatic. We are also using that as a "resort day" so will be taking the 2 youngest to the Grand Adventures in cooking that morning, oldest and DH will rent a mouseboat and I will get some R&R. Then we will move over to the AKL and just enjoy the resort that day. We are doing 6 night CR and 3 nights AKL. We just love the CR but want to try the AKL and can't committ to a whole stay there. I wouldn't consider a move for a shorter stay. When I think about it, last summer we took a driving vacation to Williamsburg and spent 1 night in NC, 1 night in Richmond, 4 nights in Williamsburg, 2 nights in Charlottesville and 1 night back in NC. This should be a breeze!

I would only recommend doing this if you are staying 7 days or more. That way you usually do a resort pool day, during which you change hotels. We keep our kids in their suits while My wife packs ,then I go check in at the new resort with luggage, go back pick them up and bring them right to the new pool while my wife unpacks. The kids love it. And its really just the toilettries that need to be unpacked as we never reuse dirty clothes(once thier dirty they go in the dirty bag.).......I think the best way to expirience Disney is to stay everywhere, we have stayed at everyplace in Disney except Coronodo and are now working on Universal (just the new RPH to go)> We also have tried many off sites as well, HIFS, HGC,.... Can't wait to try that new Opryland place being built by HIFS...........have fun ,TAZ

I am so glad I found this post! I just booked 2 nights at BCV and then have 4 nights at BWV for this December! By asking different people - I have found that it should be pretty easy to swithc rooms...

My DH and Ihave planned a park day for the switch day. So our plan is to check out of BCV in the morning - and let the CM know that we have ressies at BWV. I am told that Disney will then move my luggage over to BWV while we are at the park. My DD is now 2 - and will be closer to 3 then - but I am assuming she will still need her nap. So - my only concern is that BWV room will not be ready before 4pm...which could make for a disaster...cranky dd without her nap makes for cranky dh and cranky mom! I was told to TRY to alleviate this that I should call BWV and let them know my situation that morning (have 2.5 year old - she NEEDS her nap etc) and hopefully they would have a room ready a little earlier...think that might work???

Otherwise, I think being at the park while someone else moves my luggage will be great! However, I should point out - I rented points from DVC members - so I don't think my "checkout" should be too tough - since I have already paid for my room....I could be mistaken though!:)

I stayed at OKWfor one week and then moved to the Poly for the weekend. It was so easy. The CM's were great and they are use to people doing this. Have fun!

We made a switch once and will not do it again. There were no hassles
besides re-packing and unpacking, but it was just a waste of a few
hours we could have been in the parks. :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter