Chapek X3

That’s true, I was looking over the current executive chart and I don’t even know who they could pick.

Iger was with the overall company for 47 something years, partly at ABC, so 30 + before even being CEO.

Who even fits that bill?
Staggs had 27 years but if Chapek doesn't work out the board probably blows up that formula and gets some Hollywood CEO. Then all bets are off

Chapek was probably Disney’s best worst option. Many of the unpopular decisions made for the Parks should fall solely on Josh D’Amaro but he always gets a pass while Chapek gets all the blame. They’re both sleezy and scummy!
I don't blame either of them. Whenever you run a large America corporation you are at the mercy of the Wall St. crowd. They insist on turning over all major decisions to the bean counters where every move is based on some financial calculations some MBA who has never spent a day in the parks in their lives. Jack Welch got away with that nonsense at GE for 30 years. We saw the results of that leadership as the entire company crashed and burned. His offspring also destroyed another great American company, Boeing.

I'd like to think that maybe this is some brilliant move by the company to get the stock price lowered then buy it all back so they don't have to do things that only investors and Wall St want. Alas it doesn't appear anyone in that board room is that forward thinking.

I think the best that can be said for this move is that it gives the board time to find a better replacement.
This one can only HOPE!!!!!

I briefly thought that when I saw the news. But then the cynical and jaded side of me which has been taking the forefront with Disney for awhile (as I'm sure I've beaten to death here), which is a LOT of the reason I rarely even comment here anymore, don't want to beat a dead horse, or be a "one note band", or bore anybody) just thought "it's more of the same". Let's hope both YOUR comment, and my more optimistic side are BOTH right!

Last edited:

This one can only HOPE!!!!!

I briefly thought hat when I saw the news. But then the cynical and jaded side of me which has been taking the forefront with Disney for awhile (as I'm sure I've beaten to death here, which is a LOT of the reason I rarely even comment here anymore, don't want to beat a dead horse, or be a "one note band, or bore anybody) just said "it's more of the same". Let's hope both YOUR comments, and my more optimistic side are BOTH right!
Disney was dealt a tough hand by the pandemic, yet with Bob at the helm, our businesses — from parks to streaming — not only weathered the storm, but emerged in a position of strength," Disney board chair Susan Arnold said in a statement Tuesday. "In this important time of growth and transformation, the Board is committed to keeping Disney on the successful path it is on today, and Bob's leadership is key to achieving that goal.

That's right from the official announcement. PR wise he's been a disaster but as fast as parks go he has done everything they have always wanted done. Covid gave them the excuse to do them.

I'm a little surprised based on how low the stock price is right now. Obviously that's not the only reason to keep him around, but it just seems odd to give him such a big extension right now.

Another question I'm curious to know, who would you want to replace him? A specific exec in Disney, or someone totally new?

Chapek being ousted early in his tenure wouldn't only reflect bad on him, it would reflect bad on the people that over-promoted him and that is the board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter