Character Breakfast buses questions... use them on day you change resorts?

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
(originally posted to Chip n Dale Express, but i changed the subject header to better reflect what i was asking about)

i've read a couple of posts where it's mentioned you can take Character Breakfast buses to get from resort to resort (for example Dolphin to Poly for breakfast).

i know they start running at 7am, but what time do these buses run until?
and is it an official or unofficial thing that you can ask the driver to drop you off at a particular resort? i'm confused...

just an add-on to these questions. if we need to switch resorts from AKL to BWV one morning, can we use the Character Breakfast bus to do this? or is this frowned upon?

also, if i can't get the answers to these questions here, who am i supposed to call to ask? i doubt CRO knows...
should i call AKL and ask for the concierge?

bump! :( guess Tyler hasn't checked in on this board recently...
can anyone else help me out?

When we used the character breakfast busses in January, thier destinations were just to the parks, not other resorts. They stated running about 7:00 and ran untill other bus service started about 7:30 or so. We were told we would need our PS to board the bus but no one asked for it. I can not imagine that they would frown on use for changing resorts. Now with EE back, you might have a few more early options. The character bus thing was new on our Jan trip so they may have expanded things to include other resorts.

BTW When my sister's family was there last Fall and staying in a cabin at FW, they called check in and said they need to get to Cheif Mickey for a early Ps and did not know how. CM's sent a van to pick them up and delivery them to their PS.

Jordan's mom

Sorry!! It's been a very busy few days! lol

As for the Character Breakfast busses, they run approx every 15 mins from 7am-8am, when the normal park busses take over. Some drivers put up CHARACTER BREAKFAST on the destination sign, whereas others put up a park name for easier identification. (Different CB busses go to different areas) They do normally run to the parks themselves, but will also take you directly to the resort upon request. That's thier purpose. :-)

As for changing resorts... I'm sure you could use the Character Breakfast busses, however, my recommendation would be to talk to Guest Services about having them move you. They can take all your bags, and your party in company vans. A lot easier than lugging your bags on the bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter