character meals after reopening?

firemanx

DIS Veteran
in Shanhai theres no close contact with characters! has anyone heard how this will change character meals?

Nothing official. My theory is IF character meals continue, no direct contact with the characters will be allowed. Maybe they will just parade through the restaurant? I don't know. Maybe character meals will cease altogether, which would be very disappointing to my almost 3 and almost 5 year old. I'm not sure the dining plan is worth it to us if there aren't character meals.

Anyones guess. But without a doubt, at least for while, if/when they do come back, they will look different.

i was wondering if you thought the character dining would be back by Thanksgiving

Many character meals are also buffets, and it’s unclear how all those will need to be restructured to follow new heath guidelines. Lots of questions about those right now!

Many character meals are also buffets, and it’s unclear how all those will need to be restructured to follow new heath guidelines. Lots of questions about those right now!
From around our area, currently, a staff person must be there to serve the buffet food according to reports. Whether WDW adopts this policy is anyones guess. And if they do, how long will it last?
So many questions, and very few answers at this point.

I think it will be way different but I would be happy with the mini dinner show treatment . The characters singing and dancing in center of restaurant while guests remain seated. And gift of small package of specialty photos with “signatures” available to download for your memory album.
Of course Im only there for the autograph keepsake . Priceless !
And if they included a package of every Minnie outfit ever ! Even better

Youre really not there to eat , are you?

I want Topolinos but won’t pay for it if no character meal

The price aspect may be interesting. I did hear that when they switched to a character "show" at 1900 Park Fare in the last couple days before closure, they also slashed the price much lower. Good news if out of pocket, less so if on the DDP.

I'm not trying to be fussy or anything but just wondering why fur characters couldn't meet? They are completely covered. Especially now that we know the virus isn't spread on surfaces but is airborne.

Because it is still spread on surfaces. The CDC said that surface spread isn't the primary method of transmission, not that it doesn't happen.

Got it. I read it from the website as a "possible but not probable" sort of thing. But what we know is changing every day. I understand the better safe than sorry mentality.

Personally I can see the need to eliminate face characters for a time but would not be uncomfortable meeting fur characters and just not hugging them.

Personally I can see the need to eliminate face characters for a time but would not be uncomfortable meeting fur characters and just not hugging them.

The fur costumes are ventilated since CMs have to breathe, so still possibly a risk from a respiratory/airborne droplet perspective. I don’t know how realistic it would be for a CM to wear a mask under the fur costume. I imagine that would be pretty difficult.

Even if the CM was wearing a mask, masks aren't 100% perfect even if both parties are wearing them. If I were "friends" with a face character, I wouldn't be happy about having to come into physical contact with hundreds of people a day while there's a pandemic going around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter