Charging station for car?

Thanks to all the info on this thread we cancelled our Alamo booking and now have a Tesla next week. I’ll let you know how it goes. My main worry is that my husband may want one when we get home! :-)

Fun! Enjoy. I’m pretty sure you may both want one when you get home😀 Have a great time

Thank you all for making driving around the island so much fun for the last few days. Sadly, our gorgeous Tesla is going back to his family today. Hopefully it won’t be the last time!

Thank you all for making driving around the island so much fun for the last few days. Sadly, our gorgeous Tesla is going back to his family today. Hopefully it won’t be the last time!

How was it? Did you have fun? No problems charging or anything on the island?

We loved the car and would use Turo (and that owner) again. We had over 200 mile range so just charged it at Aulani overnight. We’d already downloaded the chargepoint app (thanks for that advice!) so it was really easy to do. Not having to fill it up gives quite a feeling of freedom.
The car drove and accelerated beautifully! It was great.

We got back a couple of weeks ago and LOVED having the Leaf. My only issue was that we had to charge a bit more frequently than we would would have liked. Once we reached our destinations on the windward side of the Island, we needed to charge-up before heading back. They weren't too difficult to find though. I think next time we'll go with a Tesla instead of a Leaf (though the Leaf was not a bad option).

Last edited:

Hi Everyone - Just back. Rented a Model 3 via Truro and it was awesome. No problems parking in the garage during our stay despite a few non-EV vehicles "ICING" us and parking in the EV spots. Fortunate that there are enough EV parking spaces to go around. We did find the 2nd floor of the garage & 3rd floor (the one that the lobby/ground floor is on) to be the most common ICED locations bc ppl would park or idle there to load/unload their car.

No problem with the chargers. Did see a NissanLeaf parked there a few days as well.

Our car was the avg range so it got around 220 mi with a full charge. Had absolutely no problem with the range despite driving many times to the Northern and Eastern shores of the island. Kualoa Ranch day was spent sitting in 2+ hours of traffic to get there. We then explored the Byodo Temple & ate around Kailua and had ample charge once we returned to the resort.

Thanks to all on here for their tips/advice. Great thread. Wish more people knew how easy renting & driving EVs are.

Oh - I should also add that my lovely husband read that all public parking in public garages (including the airport) is free. Hawaii is really great about alternative energy sources & they seem to have a lot of incentives for electric vehicles. We saw many during our time on the island. We also drove in the HOV lanes. Altho we usually had 4 ppl in the car so maybe it was the # of ppl in the car vs. the EV thing, but who knows. It made for a lovely trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!