Chatter on other sites - no travel agency discounts for next year?

Well we will have a much better idea concerning 2020 after Galaxy Edge fully opens on Dec. 5th. It will all come down to crowd impact. If bookings are slow / soft, Disney will have to offer more discounts in 2020 to fill rooms.

Dave

Here’s to hoping 2020 is just a strange off year and not the beginning of a change in great savings opportunities... 😬
Very true. A recession is on its ways at some point, that is just a fact, and that will render savings there, but only if you can afford to go then.

I just got a quote for an agency exclusive in March, for three people at CBR.... honestly, it was no great deal. Worked out to around $267 a night, which was about $27 less than what Disney quoted me direct. I think I'll just wait and see if they do a play stay and dine offer again.

Does anyone know if a dreams agent can keep an eye out for that sort of thing for you and book if it comes up?

Email received today from agency. Few selects days in Fall 2020 for Swan only. Wouldn’t hold breath for any Disney August special. :guilty:

Email received today from agency. Few selects days in Fall 2020 for Swan only. Wouldn’t hold breath for any Disney August special. :guilty:

I was just coming here to post the same thing. It might still be too early on Disney’s end to release any discounts. This latest email makes me think the agency is losing a lot of business. Kudos to them for getting creative.

I was just coming here to post the same thing. It might still be too early on Disney’s end to release any discounts. This latest email makes me think the agency is losing a lot of business. Kudos to them for getting creative.
Is there more than one agency that does the agency’s exclusive deals? Just wondering because I don’t receive these emails.

I received a quote for the dolphin for next year over thanksgiving week. I’ve never stayed there so I’m not sure how good of a rate it really is but am planning on booking anyway. If something better comes out, I’ll just cancel.

I thought the exact same thing when I read my email. They are really taking a hit this year.

August deals didn’t come out til early January this year. So I don’t think we’ll see anything til the new year.

I received a quote for the dolphin for next year over thanksgiving week. I’ve never stayed there so I’m not sure how good of a rate it really is but am planning on booking anyway. If something better comes out, I’ll just cancel.
Edited to reflect that my TA made a big boo boo and only quoted us 3 days. Looks like we get three days free.

Last edited:
I received a quote as well for Dolphin. Room only from 23-29 is only $772.00. Unbelievable deal for Thanksgiving week. Cheaper than prices at AllStar resorts with a discount. I booked it.

That is a great deal. I paid that much for Pop this year with an AP discount.

I received a quote as well for Dolphin. Room only from 23-29 is only $772.00. Unbelievable deal for Thanksgiving week. Cheaper than prices at AllStar resorts with a discount. I booked it.
Does this include the $30 a day fee? (I may be misunderstanding that... trying to check out their website).

This is much lower than my quote. I’m sending a PM

Great deal on the dolphin. I believe this morning the first week of August got some agency deals for pop and carribean beach. Nothing for May through July yet.

I believe this morning the first week of August got some agency deals for pop and carribean beach. Nothing for May through July yet.
I noticed that too. We are already booked with that agency for the end of April at POP. was nice to see a few more dates added.

I’m already booked with that agency for CSR at rack rate for Oct 2020. Would jump on a Dolphin deal. October is hard for exclusives, though. Keeping fingers crossed for any discount. Also waiting for Costco Swan/Dolphin packages for second half of 2020.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter