Che Fartsmith's Is the (Starts with B) Trash! No, BEST! 2 weeks of Disney Dining! Update: 10/28

No worries, it's understood! I have been bad about being a lurker lately instead of posting comments as I go along as my phone and the boards don't play nice sometimes and I often can't get posts to multi quote (and I don't want to quote someone's ENTIRE post!). I tend to read updates in bed with coffee so if I can't post from my phone I can't comment... :laughing:

I’ve been struggling with quotes on my phone too! Haha, I try and read a bit during down times on night shift, but I don’t like using my work computer, so I’ve been a huge lurker too! Glad I’m not alone with that haha.

Hi Fallon! First, Congratulations. Second, since we may be traveling together soon I'm looking forward to learning more about you :-) Can't wait for more!

We'll be there Dec 15th to the 20th, staying at CBR. I'm SUPER excited! I plan on doing dining reviews if my hubby will let me take pics of his food before digging in!

We have some overlapping days! We're staying at All Star Music from December 11-14, then moving over to Saratoga Springs from December 14-18! Perhaps we'll run into each other!

My husband just automatically shoves his plate towards me for pictures now haha

Congratulations! Reading along

Thank you! And thank you for joining in!

Hi Fallon! First, Congratulations. Second, since we may be traveling together soon I'm looking forward to learning more about you :-) Can't wait for more!

I feel so honoured to have you reading one of my dining reports! I've loved your reports for years! Thank you for the congratulations, thank you for reading, and I am already looking forward to meeting you next May!

Congratulations on your wedding. January 10 is my anniversary also (20 years this year). Looking forward to more reviews.

I'm here!!
I have never put Tony's on my radar before but now that you say it's edible, it's back on my radar! I was thinking of doing a parade package and that was one of the options. I do like trying new things though so at least if it's not good I could at least say I tried!

Popping over from the trip report part of this. Looking forward to reading more. I am thinking of trying Tony’s on my next trip. I try to eat at someplace new each trip and haven’t checked that off the list yet

I'm here!!
I have never put Tony's on my radar before but now that you say it's edible, it's back on my radar! I was thinking of doing a parade package and that was one of the options. I do like trying new things though so at least if it's not good I could at least say I tried!

Thanks for joining in! Tony's is definitely not fancy/authentic Italian, but it was edible and after a day of travel it hit the spot!

Popping over from the trip report part of this. Looking forward to reading more. I am thinking of trying Tony’s on my next trip. I try to eat at someplace new each trip and haven’t checked that off the list yet

Welcome! Thanks for joining in!

Narcoossee's Brunch
December 31, 2017

We had a lengthy wish list of dining options we wanted to fit into this trip, and one of the fancy brunches were at the top of the list. I was leaning a bit more towards the Brunch at the Top at the California Grill, but on our ADR day we were able to book Narcoossee’s, so that’s the one we were going with. I’m now glad this is the one we did, as it ended up being canceled shortly after this trip. We were both excited for it!​

We caught an Uber from Pop Century over to the Grand Floridian, and walked over to Narcoossee’s.

9BBC1589-04D7-4FAB-9DEE-D3CE95AC61DB.jpeg

B9D31077-5164-49A4-B0D1-BFF8D7BB8556-e1531722414871-225x300.jpeg

8B347809-4A8F-400D-AA7E-B63F02DDA63B.jpeg

Our reservation was at 11:25, and the restaurant was fairly empty. After we checked in, I had to stand and admire this thing for a few minutes – so impressive!

9574D764-8C83-40EE-A494-D43BEACF23B6-e1531722502269-225x300.jpeg

6311092A-C41E-4FC4-A91E-979A711843A7-e1531722545318-225x300.jpeg

B624C54E-E011-4C61-80BE-C22381A28062-e1531722583979-300x225.jpeg

It only took a few minutes before we were led to our seats, a 4-top right by a window with a great view of Seven Seas Lagoon and Cinderella’s Castle in the background.

28C43C53-5EEE-403A-ADFD-29917B3F6B21.jpeg

793D8A00-06BD-4834-A5EB-A595605A1A07-e1531717807307-225x300.jpeg

The brunch menu at Narccoossee’s was a prix fixe, and included drinks, an appetizer, an entree and a dessert plate.

CD23D06D-A798-4224-ABBF-38DC7C7C1A79-e1531717927718-225x300.jpeg

When our server came to take our order, we both went for a Mimosa, and Luke also asked for French-press coffee (we thought there might be an upcharge for this, but there wasn’t). Our server, Nelson, also came back with glasses of water, lemon slices and Mickey straws for us as well (our server told us the straws were a New Year’s Eve present, so I don’t think they gave these out all the time).

D2A7EA0E-B767-4E8F-A93A-DB10E1D6E206-e1531718135504-225x300.jpeg

AB312508-7DA0-44AA-9104-5C4360222A67-e1531718211660-225x300.jpeg

EE97B66F-28CB-4607-B3F9-282586A21E7C-e1531718261898-225x300.jpeg

We also had a basket of pastries brought to our table – croissants, cheese danishes and mini citrus muffins.

C2B08357-C136-4C4C-8902-5EA1ECAB07A8.jpeg

Accompaniments for the pastries were fresh jam and fancy butter (if I remember correctly, that was hibiscus on top – I call butter with anything added to it “fancy butter”).

18BDBA4F-990F-457B-AEC2-1DD386FB9DA3-e1531722855225-225x300.jpeg

30E2516B-EDF6-4EED-B689-64A2B9AB3351-e1531722805549-225x300.jpeg

I’m not typically a big pastry person – I like white bread but could care less about croissants. That said, if all croissants tasted like that one, I would eat them a lot more frequently! It was so flaky and fresh and buttery (also helped along by me smearing butter all over it haha). I tried the danish, but I’m still not a fan (no complaints from Luke, it meant he got to eat both of them haha). The mini muffins were pretty good, nice and moist and really delicious with that jam.​

We could each choose an appetizer, so that was an easy choice for me – I don’t eat seafood of any kind (personal preference, not an allergy), and three of the four options had something from the sea (crab, shrimp and salmon). So, I went for the only other option, theRomaine Salad – tender leaves of romaine, marinated half-dried tomatoes, shaved pecorino Romano, garlicky focaccia croutons and creamy Caesar dressing.

6237CD2E-D155-419E-8F82-EBA0BEAA62AC-e1531722949900-225x300.jpeg

This was pretty good, although fairly standard. Yes, I realize Caesar dressing typically has anchovies in it, but for some reason I’m okay with it.

Luke wanted to try something different, and since he has a mild shellfish allergy he decided salmon would be the safest bet, so he asked for the Salmon Rillette with fine herb Bavarols – served with whole-grain cranberry baguettes. Neither one of us knew exactly what he had just ordered (we are not fancy foodies at all), but what showed up was nothing like we could have imagined.

0509B314-F84E-476E-AD4D-8E5341B6DE75.jpeg

Luke wasn’t 100% sure how to eat this, so he just started spooning it onto the baguette pieces they provided. Clearly he wasn’t putting it on thick enough, he had a lot of the salmon mixture left once he quickly ran out of bread. He did like it though – although he wishes he had just gone with the Caesar salad as well.

Entree’s were a difficult decision, I really wanted to try multiple. I’ve heard that the servers will sometimes bring you more than one entree at these brunches, but despite my not-so-subtle hints at that, our server never mentioned that as an option so we decided on one each.

Luke opted for the Chicken and Waffles – crispy fried boneless breast and thigh with creamy collard greens on a waffle with maple-bacon bourbon jam, house-made apple butter and candied walnut crumble.​

CCCB6788-8DD3-413F-BA1C-F90B27544D55-e1531723087803-300x225.jpeg

The syrup came in a separate little dish to pour on yourself

41C10A4C-0C63-41E8-9DC9-61D9A1316690-e1531723206239-225x300.jpeg

This sounded amazing, and was one of the front runners for my top choice of entree, but it really wasn’t that great. Luke described it as McNuggets on an okay waffle. He didn’t hate it, but he really regrets not getting the other entree he was eyeing up – the Swordfish. He felt that the Chicken and Waffles was not worth the price we paid for this meal – but he blames himself for choosing the safe and comfortable option over being a little more adventurous.

I went for the Steak and Eggs – black angus hanger steak, two cage free brown eggs any style, marble potato home fries and truffle aioli.

2F13350E-63D4-44CA-8350-BEF910ABD9C1-e1531723146294-225x300.jpeg

This was a winner (although the plating left a bit to be desired)! I don’t eat eggs very often, they can sometimes be a trigger food that aggravates my Crohn’s disease, so while ordering I let Luke decide on those (he kept it simple and asked for scrambled). I did steal a little bite of them, and they were ok… I’m actually weird and when I do eat them, I like my scrambled eggs really browned up (basically burnt by egg standards haha). Those potatoes though, oh man. Incredible. I probably could have made an entire meal just out of those! The truffle aioli on top of them was fantastic, I didn’t want to share any with Luke (but of course I did since he was a bit disappointed in his meal).

The steak, while not the fanciest cut, was perfectly cooked well done as requested. I really enjoyed it! I know – I’m about to hear all the boo’s from you rare-medium steak people – I just can’t do it. If there’s so much as a speck of blood on my plate, I’m done. I prefer my steak to no longer be mooing…

The dessert was a Trio of Desserts – Valencia blood orange bar, triple chocolate cake and lemon blueberry timbale. I believe they only brought us one plate of these for the two of us to share – I’m not sure if that’s standard, but I’m sure we could have asked for a second one. However, we were both really full by this point, and sharing the three desserts was more than enough. We also didn’t want to take any with us, as we were not heading back to our hotel room for awhile and didn’t feel like carrying them around.

D0C00886-C358-44D9-BD57-47CB99872702-e1531723397364-225x300.jpeg

9C2560DE-6811-4B63-ADE5-F42DCAD21D1F-e1531723431327-225x300.jpeg

They were all really good! I loved the edible gold on the triple chocolate cake (which didn’t actually have any taste, but I just felt so fancy eating it – not hard to tell we don’t eat out at nice places very often haha). The chocolate cake was my favourite of the three desserts, which wasn’t a huge surprise to me. I’m not always a huge lemon or blueberry fan, but this timbale was ok. I honestly have no idea what timbale even is (a common theme with this meal haha) but it was good. I also liked the orange-flavoured one – but I tend to like anything orange.

After we ate, we headed out onto the deck overlooking the water. Such a nice view!

9389975B-6E3D-40E8-9BC5-757054474FC0-e1531723662800-225x300.jpeg

4515462A-2B0C-4CFA-86C9-2EDDD2728CA3.jpeg

BF118558-0B4F-4BB9-BA65-84F1EEDA68E5.jpeg

Since it was New Year’s Eve, it was a blackout day for my Tables in Wonderland card. However, I was able to use my annual pass discount, so it was at least something (10% discount). The total cost for both of us came to $132.28 before tip.

This brunch disappeared a few weeks later, which is too bad since I’ve heard the brunch at California Grill has gone downhill a bit. Even if it were still an option, I’m not sure if this would be something I’d do every single time (there are other meals/experiences I enjoyed more on this trip), but I’m really glad we did this at least once. We both definitely felt like I made the better decisions when it came to the menu, but Luke didn’t hate the three or four mimosas he had haha (they were bottomless!).
TIW – black out day

Predicted food budget: $2631.67
Estimated Cost of this meal: $146.97
Actual Cost: $132.38
Over/Under: Under by $14.59
Remaining: $2447.37

I'm so glad you guys enjoyed your fancy brunch experience!

This sounded amazing, and was one of the front runners for my top choice of entree, but it really wasn’t that great. Luke described it as McNuggets on an okay waffle.
:rotfl: when we did Narcoossee's brunch one of us ordered this too and it was also totally meh. Luke nailed the description perfectly!

I know – I’m about to hear all the boo’s from you rare-medium steak people
No booing from me! To each her own, and so glad that this was prepared perfectly for you. The potatoes sound fantastic too!

We also didn’t want to take any with us, as we were not heading back to our hotel room for awhile and didn’t feel like carrying them around.
From experience, they don't fare well after a lot of transport, anyhow!
I'm pretty sure ours were run through a flavor vacuum but yours look much nicer. Maybe they were more fresh or something?

This brunch disappeared a few weeks later, which is too bad since I’ve heard the brunch at California Grill has gone downhill a bit.
Really? I hadn't heard that! We're planning on going again in November. I hope it's still great! We were not too sad to see the Narcoossee's brunch go since our one experience was enough for me to know we wouldn't go back. I know a few Disers loved it though and I hate that Disney doesn't offer more great brunch options. To this day, I still don't understand why they ran both Narcoossee's and California Grill brunch both on Sunday only. Wouldn't it have made more sense and given them both a chance to do well if they'd done one on Saturday and one on Sunday?

Good thinking on the AP discount. I have been wondering what to do for our meal on (US) Thanksgiving - we have been planning to visit the Universal parks that day anyway but if we end up having dinner at Disney I will have to remember to ask about AP discounts.

That brunch looks lovely! Though when I saw the picture of Luke's meal I totally though McNuggets too :laughing:

The desserts looked beautiful. Glad you enjoyed the experience!

Caught up and want to say congrats on your wedding in disney! I can’t wait to read about special food you had :lovestruc loving the food costs you put at end of each dining review. Very helpful!

You and Luke sound like Tyler and me! Even though I have expensive taste (lol) we never go anywhere fancy but we are going to on our honeymoon! We were going to do brunch at Narcoosses but it got cancelled but I’m glad we didn’t really miss much. I also love Tony’s! I love the movie (Tyler and my’s MDE account has us as lady and the tramp) and I think the restaurant is adorable and had decent food!

I call butter with anything added to it “fancy butter”).

As do I :rotfl:

Luke wasn’t 100% sure how to eat this, so he just started spooning it onto the baguette pieces they provided. Clearly he wasn’t putting it on thick enough, he had a lot of the salmon mixture left once he quickly ran out of bread.

That's a really big jar of salmon mixture, I don't feel like the bread to salmon ratio would've been enough even if he was scooping out half the jar each time :confused:

Luke described it as McNuggets on an okay waffle.

Ew :crazy2:

I like my scrambled eggs really browned up (basically burnt by egg standards haha)

:laughing: so does Josh!

This brunch disappeared a few weeks later, which is too bad since I’ve heard the brunch at California Grill has gone downhill a bit

I don't know if other people felt that way, but we did, and I wouldn't spend money on it again. It was very disappointing.

Odd that they wouldn't allow you to order another entree as I thought at both CG and Narcoossee's that was part of how they justified the price. Having never done the Narcoossee's brunch and speaking with little authority, I think CG really is the better "value." Between the amazing "buffet" options and multiple entree choices you really can't go wrong. I hadn't heard that quality went down hill but I can attest it was top notch in November.

Odd that they wouldn't allow you to order another entree as I thought at both CG and Narcoossee's that was part of how they justified the price. Having never done the Narcoossee's brunch and speaking with little authority, I think CG really is the better "value." Between the amazing "buffet" options and multiple entree choices you really can't go wrong. I hadn't heard that quality went down hill but I can attest it was top notch in November.

I was thinking the same thing- at the CG brunch, I had 3 entrees, sushi and all kinds of extras! I thought that the Narcoossee's brunch would've been similar, but it looks like it wasn't. Maybe that's why its gone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter