"Cheap" hotel help needed asap!

goofyfordisney

DIS Veteran
My son (19) wants to take his brother (14) to Disneyland for a surprise birthday trip next week. :) What we need for them is a cheap, clean, safe motel within walking distance to DL...

After researching quite a bit online, here are some choices: (these are all within our price range of under $115/night and have availibility for dates of travel)

1) Carousel Inn--$109

2) Alpine Inn--$90

3) Jolly Roger--$109

4) Super 8--Disney Way--$85

5) Travelodge-Disney Drive--$100

6) Comfort Inn-Maingate--$102

What would you choose? I need to make a reservation today. Any other suggestions would be appreciated...

Thanks for your help!

I have heard excellent reviews of the Alpine and that price looks excellent.
It is about a 15 minute walk to the esplanade.

If you want to be right across the street, I'd go with the Carousel. Many people on this board recommend it as well.

The above are the only two hotels I would even consider on that list.

Did you check the Anaheim Plaza? It's close and very afforable. Friends stay there quite often. Here's their website: http://www.anaheimplazahotel.com/

we have been very lucky using Hotwire for our last minute hotels. We have been able to book the Hilton for anywhere from $69-$89 dollars but the Alpine is also good

I agree with DangerMouse...Anaheim Plaza is worth checking out especially if you want something cheap that is still very clean and within easy walking distance!

I would go with the Carousel from those choices. It's right across the street, a short 5-7 minute walk. We almost stayed there in June, changed because we like having a hot tub, and the pool was bigger next door at the Tropicana. But from all my research and reviews that I've read it's a nice place to stay.

Howard Johnson Anaheim is rated #4 out of 99 hotels in Anaheim ... I would try that one. If you call the hotel directly, you may be able to get the $69 entertainment card rate (if you have the entertainment card) ... otherwise I think it runs about $99 - $109 per night, maybe less if you have AAA. No charge for parking. GL!

Thanks to everyone for all of your replies! ;)

I looked into Anaheim Plaza, HOJO and CCI...I have stayed at CCI and loved it...just alittle out of the budget for this trip. The Hilton and Hampton Inn didn't have any rooms for our dates, Anaheim Plaza didn't have a room with 2 beds for the dates and HOJO was $144 a night--even with a Mousesaver discount. I didn't really want to do the Hotwire/Priceline bidding for this trip.

So, I went ahead and booked the Carousel Inn--website price of $109 for 2 Queen beds (DS's friend is also going too, so they really need 2 queen beds, at the least) I think it's the best option for them-considering this is really close to DL main entrance and inexpensive food options around the hotel.

Thanks again for all of the great suggestions! :thumbsup2
I knew I could count on everyone here on the DIS!!

Sue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter