cheap trip

Cindybell

Mouseketeer
Hi

I'm planning a trip for three next spring. We really want to go budget and I was wondering how best to do it. We want to stay at ASMO. I don't understand the special rates people get such as $49.00/night. Do these people have park passes already and only need the room or do they buy hopper passes? I've stayed at the moderates in the past and just purchased the whole package together to include the park passes. I was never given an option to do it differently. Please let me know how this works and which way is cheaper.

Thanks

The $49 per night is definitely a room-only rate. It is usually cheaper to buy the components separately because with packages you might get things you won't use and you can't necessarily take advantage of those great room-only rates. When you call for reservations, just ask for room-only, and that is also an option with Dreams Unlimited. Or, get a quote for the package you think you might want and then try to price out all of the components separately and see if it is a good deal for you. You can access all kinds of price info here and on WDWIG and Mousesavers.

The $49 rate is a code rate; in other words, when you make your reservations you need to know a certain three-letter code to get the rate. Check out www.mousesavers.com for all the latest info on discount codes and other ways to save on your trip.
From what I've seen, the package deal is not usually very cost-effective. Much better to price things individually!
Good luck!

Just for fun I was on the Travelocity website (www.travelocity.com) yesterday checking prices on hotels and flights. The All Stars came up at $59 a night and the moderates for $99 a night (I think). No code necessary, just listed as a "promotional" thing. Of course, only certain nights were available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter