Cheapest 8 day rental in September for Full size?

Ned Land

Mouseketeer
I am sucking wind on my car rental. The best I have been able to do is $179 at Dollar (entertain code) and $184 at National (disney codes/coupons).

These are higher than I am used to. Anyone else doing any better?

Last week HotWire was at $21/day for a full size. I am afraid it might be off site and I was hoping ot avoid that since we have a toddler.

Do these prices include taxes and fees? If so, good luck finding anything less expensive, for some reason the rentals have skyrocketed.

I agree!!!! My rental for this September is almost double what I paid September 2001...and I think I've tried every code and coupon out there.

Jeannine

Did you try Priceline.com? I managed a very good rental at a very decent price for 7 days through Avis.

Thanks Gail,

I have 2 small children and DH doesn't want to chance having to take a shuttle to an off-site location. I don't think the shuttle is a problem, but every now and then I have to let him win. Appreciate the tip!!!!

If it is any help to you, I have had Avis accept the bid 2x's. That one is onsite. I do agree, however, that it is a roll of the dice to see what comes up. We did get Alamo once, not a bad deal, but, Dee is and adult (well agewise anyway). Good luck on your quest.

I WISH i had the rates you have quoted. For 3 weeks tried and tried to get a reasonable rate for 7 days and the best I could do was with National for $220....not a bad rate, or so I thought. My understanding is that car rentals are higher this year cuz people are driving more and flying less. True or not the rates you have seem ok, not great, just ok. my 2 cents worth. :rolleyes:

If your a Disney Club Member check their website sometimes they have coupons. That's how I got a free weekend day. good luck and have as much fun as i had at WDW:D

Are those with taxes & fees?

Double check that the Disney club code is actually taking off the discount. People have posted that the one from the DC website isn't giving a discount.

I have $170/week from National including taxes for the 2nd week in sept but I booked it a few months ago. Enen though that's a great rate, it was less last year. I finally gave up checking for a lower rate.

I have 162.63 for 7 days in mid Sept. Standard size car (that is a full size two door) with Avis, this is total including the Priceline charge. I was not unhappy with this. Last time we got an upgrade from an intermediate to a standard and ended up with a brand new Monte Carlo. Nice car. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter