Cheapest Car Hire

If I write a book , can I plug it on this group, too?

Best deal is a free car with a Virgin Fly drive and use NatWest / Amex insurance.

Or you could try SUNCHASE they are used by a large number of villa owners :)

I used www.priceline.co.uk last year and got an intermediate for £15 per night included all taxes and insurance. This was in January 2001 and was through Alamo. Getting to Alamo was no hassle and we were soon on our way. The only thing we didn't like was that all our luggage didn't fit in the trunk and we had to put some on the back seat between the kids, even though we had the amount of luggage specified for an intermediate. Some people on one of the boards said they think we were ripped off and the car we were given was too small. Next time I think I will try for a full size, as we are driving down to Vero.

We have booked with Autosabroad who use Dollar on site at MCO. I haven't used them before but people have said good things about them on here and they were competitive. they also provide travel insuarance in with the car hire, which saved a few ££££s!

http://www.autosabroad.co.uk

Originally posted by thefatman
Best deal is a free car with a Virgin Fly drive and use NatWest / Amex insurance.

Or you could try SUNCHASE they are used by a large number of villa owners :)

hi

i've heard it mentioned a couple of times now about the amex insurance, can you please tell me the deal with it?

thanks

neil

cindarella, can you tell me how many kids and their ages, as we usually just tale the economy compact car when its myself ,dh&ds age last time 11 this time he is 12 and his friend is coming along age 13 the car was a dodge nion we had no problem with the size and we shopped till we dropped lol this time however we booked the intermediate with alamo (usually with dollar) so hopefully the size will be okay can tell me what car and company you used just to confer
thanks margaret. ps sorry posted this as a new thread instead of post reply, doh!!
hopefully cindarella will get this thread.

Hi

I just booked Priceline care hire today for £243.00 total for 2 weeks in June, intermediate size car. Sunchase was the closest other quote at £307 for a compact.

When I put the Priceline bid in it said I had no chance as I was £5.00 per day lower than a 50% (good) chance of it being accepted but I gave it a go anyway and it came through.

Another £60 saved :-)

That's a decent meal somewhere :D

Karyn

Karyn,

Does that include all insurances? Do you know which car rental company you will use?

Jennie

Hi Jenny

That includes all insurances and taxes, everything but a tank of petrol.

It is with Alamo. I would prefer Dollar but am not too bothered as we are staying at MCO hotel the first night and picking the car up in the morning so it doesn't matter that Alamo are off site.

Karyn

Banjo - sorry, WDWFanUK instant messaged me about this post but, I hardly ever check my IM's!

The rental was with Alamo. We received a two door Toyota Celica which was lovely but, cramped and some of our luggage (two large suitcases and handluggage) had to go in the back in between the kids. Other than to and from the airport it was fine though. Our kids were three and six at the time.

Originally posted by neilybealy

hi

i've heard it mentioned a couple of times now about the amex insurance, can you please tell me the deal with it?

thanks

neil

The Amex deal is the American Express Premium Annual Travel Insurance. This is a very comprehensive travel policy which includes good cover and high levels of service that you would expect from Amex. It is available to anyomne, not just people who have American Express cards.

The great thing about this policy is that it includes Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and Supplementary Liabillity Insurance (SLI) for car hire in North America. These two additional insurances account for the majority of the extra costs with so-called 'free' car hire. The only problem with the Amex policyt is that it is very expensive (we pay about £280 per year for two of us, although I think a family policy is a similar price). We have compared the cost of flydrive tickets plus the Amex policy with flights-only and renting a car independently. For us the Amex option was cheaper by several hundred pounds, particularly as we have managed to fit two holidays to North America in one 12-month period. You might have different requirements but I think it is worth at least comparing prices. More details of this policy can be found at www.americanexpress.co.uk

The Natwest option is for people who have Natwest credit cars (gold versions?). This offers an annual policyt covering car hire in North America for a reasonable fee (£80?). This is in addition to any travel insurance which you must have. I've not used this policy but I know that there are a couple of people at least on this board who have.

Both these options are great ways to avoid the rip-off prices that most people pay for CDW and SLI through their travel company or the car hire company.

Regards

Rob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter