Check-in @ HH

lsutigger2

DIS Veteran
Dh and I will be driving to HH from Raleigh, NC on Sunday, Oct. 16 (two weeks and counting!!).
If you have stayed at HH, what was your experience with check-in? Were you able to get into your room early or not until official check in time?
I'm trying to decide when we should try to leave NC. Do we get up early and arrive at HH earlier in the day and begin exploring (we've never been!)? or do we make a more leisurely trip down?
I know that check in times vary greatly, but I'm interested in your experience.

Sunday is generally a heavy check-in day, because of the high weekend points; however, the resort is not usually sold out on Saturdays due to the high weekend points - so rooms may be available since they might have been vacant the night before. I would think it was worth a shot at checking in early, if your room isn't ready, you can use the pool or beach house until it is ready.

We have always been able to check into our room early at HH. We get a 1 BR and arrive on a Sunday in June. This past summer we were there by 11 AM and our room was ready. Even if you're room's not ready, there is plenty to explore both at the resort, since you're 1st timers, and also nearby on the island around the resort. Enjoy your trip!

We have been to HH on four times, always checking in on a Sunday. We are 2 and 2 for early check in. Two times, very early (before 9 am), and twice we have had to wait until late in the afternoon. We just make sure we have the bathing suits handy, and it has not been a problem.

We just drove from the Raleigh area to HHI, spent 1 day there, drove to OKW for 10 nights and then back to HHI for one more night before driving back home.

We checked in on a Sunday afternoon and a Thursday afternoon. We had no problems getting in early (2:30) on Sunday. We arrived later on Thursday and the front desk upgraded us from a studio to a 2BD :earseek: overlooking the marsh!!! :goodvibes :cloud9:

The resort is very nice and the cast members are super!! We encountered a number of really nice CMs.

Hope you have a super time!!

Enjoy

Thanks for all the replies. We'll probably take our chances and leave at a reasonable time - 7:30 - 8:00am. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the room will be ready, but understand if it is not.

winjos: how long did it take you to drive there? Have not been to Raleigh or HH before. I do have maps!!

We checked in at 9 am one Sunday and our Grand Villa was ready, and the following year checked in at 9:30 am and our 2 br villa was ready, we actually had a choice of 5 different views/buildings for the 2 br.

Janis

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter