Check in online?

crcurton

DISser since 2001
10 days out! Should I do online check in? We have added an extra day so we have 2 resort confirmation numbers. We want to stay in the same room of course. I have a room request per touring plans and through Disney. I guess I’m afraid if I do online check in, I won’t get my requests.

Last edited:
We always check in online. This Oct we arrived at Board Walk and the lobby was jammed. Wifey got in line and I went to the room, the number was in a text to me. I was able to enter the room, I went back to the lobby, the line hadn't moved, we went off to Epcot and we did get our room request. Don't know if the 2 ressie numbers will matter.

Bill From PA

I always do.

But since you already have room requests, do NOT make any if you do online checkin. Just tell them when you anticipate arriving, but no requests.

The room request drop down menus for online check in were not working for my Oct trip, they were working for my Nov trip.

Currently you cannot pay with gift cards using online check-in, both trips I went to front desk later in my trip, had them reverse charges made to CC & paid with GC. ( so, still had to go to front desk & wait in line).

Currently, cannot choose to opt out of housekeeping & get gift card for doing so using online check in (they hope to correct this).

You may be able to opt out by calling from room & they email you a bar coded GC. Not sure, we just discussed when I was at front desk a few weeks ago.

Also, if your magic band is at your resort for pick up, it will only be held for your check-in day, if you don't pick up, it gets shipped back.

So, you decide based on your needs & wants.

Both my trips I opted for online check in. I already had a MB (my second trip mine got sent back). I called on first trip with room request since I too had 2 ressies. They linked them by phone & took my room requests since drop down wasn't working. I used drop down menu on 2nd trip & got both section & floor I requested. Both trips I had to wait in front desk line anyway to pay with GC. Since I was there & my room hadn't been cleaned for 2 days, they set me up to opt out & gave me a GC.

We always do online check-in, but doing so doesn’t stop anyone from still physically checking-in when you arrive. If we haven’t received the room ready text yet, we’ll often still stop to check-in, get whatever map and paperwork they hand out, have a few quick pleasantries, etc. Doing online check-in speeds things up a bit as they’ll already have your card on file, any balance (if applicable) will be handled behind the scenes vs there at check-in, etc.

With your continuing reservation and desire to stay in the same room, I would recommend stopping by the front desk even if you have recieved your room ready text in advance of arrival. It’s worth having a live conversation with someone just to make sure it’s properly noted with room assignors. In my opinion.

Yes, it's a common misconception that if you do online check-in, you're not allowed to go to the check-in desk. They'll still be happy to talk to you at the desk, even if you've checked in online, even if you've received a text with a room number. As @GADisneyDad14 said, if I were in your situation with the continuing reservation, I'd stop at the desk just to tell them that I was hoping to stay in the same room.

Also, even if you've checked in online and have gotten the room assignment text, but you're not entirely happy with the location or the room, you can always stop by the desk and ask if they have another room that better suits your needs.

Ok so do I check in online for both confirmation numbers? They are supposed to be linked according to phone cast members.

Ok so do I check in online for both confirmation numbers? They are supposed to be linked according to phone cast members.

Once mine were linked by phone, I only did one online check-in. I did not have to check out or re-check in at the break day & I had one final bill, not two

I like to go to the front desk to talk to someone and I don't put charging privileges for the room so I skip online check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!