check your delta flights

disnurse

<font color=FF33CC>Enjoys "other" parks too, but d
Please everyone check your flights, we are leaving in 2 weeks and low and behold our flight has changed significantly!! No suprise that delta did not contact us either. I happened to notice that our direct flights are no longer direct and the times have changed by 3 hours.
Customer rep was pretty snippy but I gave it right back, we are no longer direct, no confirmed seats and its easter!! This is not acceptable and needs to be fixed immediately!!!!! Well we are now on a direct into RI rather than boston and have gotten seats confirmed. BTW these flights were bought and paid for 9 months ago with seat confirmation!

How do you check to see if your flight is still the same? Did you check on the delta website first or did you call customer service?

If you have a Delta.com login, you can check on-line reserviations and perhaps some phoned in reservations on line on delta.com.

With the conversion of some Delta Express flights to Song flights, there is the chance some reservations may be lost. The sooner you find an error the easier it should be to fix it. If you want to, check back at least once a day from now through April 4 and every now and then thereafter until departure day.

Just my opinion, if an airline changes your flights and is capable of changing you to alternate flights that you like better but which cost more, the airline should give you those flights at no extra cost.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Next planned visit: 11/03

this flight change has nothing to do with song as the flights are before the change over. According to rep the flight was cancelled entirely without any further explaination. I just happen to be checking online with delta and noticed the change. They didn't say there would be a charge for this change and it is a significantly higher fare.

Based on your post, I just checked my itineraries at Delta. As of now, everything seems to be in order. Hoping it stays that way!:rolleyes:

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

Mine are fine too but our flights are in Dec...

I was told that by the summer or so they'll change it because it is a Delta Express flight and all will be switched to Song after April.

So, yes, as time approaches, do check your schedule so you can call and b*#@h at them early enough, especially if you had direct flights and good seats.

So, yes, as time approaches, do check your schedule so you can call and b*#@h at them early enough, especially if you had direct flights and good seats.

Why b*#@h at them? The reservationists have NOTHING to do with changing flights. They are human beings with feelings and don't need abuse. With Delta cutting back on flights because of this stupid war there are going to be a lot of changes. The fact that you made your reservations so far in advance is a great thing, however, they are not responsible to do more than get you from Point A to point B. Bit*hing to the agent might make you feel better, but, making hurting someone else in the process is just not right.

It's very common for the major airlines to change their schedules around. This was true even before the economy tanked and 9/11. It is unrealistic to expect that all of your arrangements will stay the same if you book far in advance. This is one of the "risks" we accept when we book in advance on the major airlines.

I learned early on that I should periodically check my reservations so that I could find out about any changes more quickly. If the changes don't work for your plans, the earlier you call to adjust, the more options you have.

For example, I once booked non-stop flights on NWA (MSP-MCO) about 9 months in advance via the NWA website. NWA changed the schedules and reassigned my party to flights that connected in Memphis. Since I value non-stop flights, I called to see what could be done. The agent explained that their computer was programmed to reassign people so that they left as close to the original departure time as possible. (Makes sense, I guess, but I don't know if all the airlines use that criteria for reassingment). Anyway, there was not a problem moving us back to non-stop flights at a different time. (Prior to the call, I looked up the options and knew what I wanted). We did not pay either a change fee or additional $$ for the airfare itself. Have done this many times and the key is to find out about the change as soon as possible, know youur remaining options and call right away. Sometimes your best option might be a refund so that you can rebook on another carrier.

That same incident is also when I found out if you do not purchase all of your parties tickets at the same time, the airline considers them separate reservations. Also, if some are FF reservations and some are not, they are also separate reservations. With separate reservations, the airline has no way to know that you are traveling together when changes must be made due to their schedule changes. If changes are made, you may or may not end up on the same flight and you may or may not end up sitting together (most likely not for the latter).

My point is that one should expect changes, even multiple changes, when booking in advance. That is especially true given the current conditions. Check frequently and call as soon as you notice the change (if you don't like it). Polite requests to be moved to something more workable have always worked for me. If you call at the last minute or don't know about the change until close to your departure date, your options will be limited. The airlines do not usually notify passengers about schedule changes until a week or two before departure (probably because of the possibility of more changes). That is usually too late to do very much. The airline cannot move you to a flight that doesn't have seats left.

HTH.

This particular flight changed only 14 dayd prior to departure. I figured i was all set up until this week, i have been checking every few days. Carolmn you are right about calling immediately, the return flight is for easter sunday so very limited availability but the agent was able to book us and open up seats to confirm seating.

Well, I happen to think that if you call and B$#ch at them you won't get far.

I read an interview once with a manager at one of the airlines (he was at the airport). He says when the gate agent comes to get him because a customer wants to see him regarding a problem, his question to the gate agent is. "How has the passanger been treating you?" If the passenger has been polite the man claimed he was much more likely to do what the passenger wanted. If the passenger had been a you know what, then they got the nothing. Just a thought.

CarolA is exactly right! Also Reservation Agents can make notes on your file, so if you hang up and "try again" your previous conversations or Res Agents comments may be noted!
You should always be firm, but polite and you'll get much further!

Originally posted by CarolA
Well, I happen to think that if you call and B$#ch at them you won't get far.

I read an interview once with a manager at one of the airlines (he was at the airport). He says when the gate agent comes to get him because a customer wants to see him regarding a problem, his question to the gate agent is. "How has the passanger been treating you?" If the passenger has been polite the man claimed he was much more likely to do what the passenger wanted. If the passenger had been a you know what, then they got the nothing. Just a thought.

Some people like to Bit#ch at others, makes them feel OH SO IMPORTANT!!!!
I find the polite, "I know it is not your fault, what can WE do about this " approach much more effective.

and won't let you talk to their supervisor. I have called when my flights changed, and the agent was outright rude when I asked what we can do about the change - did we have any choices. When I asked politely to talk to their supervisor, the Delta agent told me that "our supervisors don't talk to people" and hung up on me. I tried calling back and talking to another agent, but they didn't seem to care - it took several more calls to find someone nice, and very helpful. That's why we don't fly Delta anymore. However, that solution only remedies future flights - it doesn't take care of one's immediate problem. Just document who you talk to, and write a polite yet forceful letter to the right person when customer service "sucks."

I booked our flights last Sept for our Aug trip to WDW. Got exactly what I wanted. Lo and behold, about 3 months later, Delta completely dropped our flight out of Boston. I only knew this since I'm slightly compulsive and check the flights daily!! Called Delta directly and got changed to an earlier flight. But, they messed up my seats. Called again and got exactly what I needed. They were very helpful. One lady was abrupt, but helped me. Now, I have a question for those of you with more experience than I....if Delta changes me again, and they probably will, if it isn't a good time for me, might they allow us to fly out the day before on a comparable flight?? I just can't bear the thought of not getting to WDW until dinner-time. But if I could get there the night before it wouldn't be so bad. Any thoughts???

My flights are also the same....still have a month till we go.

The USA Today website has an article that says major changes in the airline schedules will occur Tuesday. They claim the changes are due to the war and most of what the USAToday references are international, but....

CarolA I heard the same thing about USAir last week, that on 1 April new changes would occur.

PS...how was the ice skating event? I work in Wash. DC and the weather and lack of crowds was absolutely wonderful for you guys. Glad you came, especially with tourist not coming. While taking my walk at lunch time, I saw lots of folks that were here for the event taking in the sites. Too bad the Cherry Blossums were not in bloom yet--this week I think!

There was no war when they did the same thing to us this past Christmas. :( We had booked our flights 10 months in advance.

It's unexpected, it's stressful, but we did work it out as well as we could.

Skating was wonderful! I love DC (maybe I should include it in my new job search!)
The USAToday blurb (it was one of those little things at the top of the page) sounded like ALL airlines would be implementing changes Tuesday and that they run through April 30 at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter