Checking in for BLT?

Cmbar

DIS Veteran
Its been a while since we have gone to BLT. You still check in at Contemporary right? Also do they still have the music on the TV to watch fireworks? If so does anyone know what channel?

Thanks!

If you are coming by Magical Express, you check in at the Contemporary.

If you're coming in on your own (rental car, family, etc.) you will check in at the BLT lobby. :)

BLT Check-In from the member website:
A convenient new check-in desk located in the Bay Lake Tower lobby is available to Disney Vacation Club Members from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.

Members arriving by Disney's Magical Express will continue to check in next door at Disney's Contemporary Resort (where the Front Desk operates 24 hours a day).

The check-in desk in the Bay Lake Tower lobby also provides a variety of services for all Bay Lake Tower Members and Guests to enjoy throughout their stay, including check-out, ticket sales, dining reservations, recreation and spa reservations and more.

Thank you. One question. I gifted one night to my cousin. They will be arriving by car. They can just park the car in the BLT lot, right? They are not members but staying on our points so they can check in there right? They will be arriving in the day time. They also want to buy a one day ticket to Epcot, can they do that there?

Can they go up to the Lounge upstair since they are not DVC members? Has that changed?

Thank you for any information. We haven't stayed at our home resort in a while. :)

Access to the Top of the World lounge is reserved for DVC members staying at WDW...the cast member at the desk will check both the DVC member card and your KTTW card before allowing access to the lounge, so I think your friend would be out of luck.

DVC members do not have to be staying at BLT to use the lounge as we visited the lounge this last winter while staying at OKW.

I gifted one night to my cousin. They will be arriving by car. They can just park the car in the BLT lot, right? They are not members but staying on our points so they can check in there right? They will be arriving in the day time. They also want to buy a one day ticket to Epcot, can they do that there?

Yes, to all of those questions.

We were at BLT just last week. For the lounge it says DVC members and their traveling party. I would ask the CM at the podium.

We were at BLT just last week. For the lounge it says DVC members and their traveling party. I would ask the CM at the podium.

DVC Members AND their traveling party, but the member has to be with them I think. So, if she's gifting but not travelling with - I don't think her guests can use the lounge. I thought they ask to see the member card?

DVC Members AND their traveling party, but the member has to be with them I think. So, if she's gifting but not travelling with - I don't think her guests can use the lounge. I thought they ask to see the member card?

They didn't ask us for our member card a few weeks ago and just determined it from our BLT room key. As with several other things where they have to verify eligibility it just depends on who you get doing the checking.

Do they still have the music from the Fireworks on the TV? I thought I read they didn't do that anymore. Anyone know? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter