Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

So are the D'Backs. Brewers won't have Nelson and depending on how things go, Brewers may have to use Davies down the stretch so they may not have him either. Meanwhile D'Backs will be able to line up their rotation.

So yes, anything can happen, but I don't see it happening.
I agree that the D-Backs are the better team. Which is one of the reasons I would like them out!

I agree that the D-Backs are the better team. Which is one of the reasons I would like them out!

So we can play the Dodgers? That doesn't make sense. We want a team who is capable of knocking off the best team in the NL. Brewers sure as hell won't knock the Dodgers off even if they somehow got past D'backs which I definitely don't think would happen.

I'm more exhausted this morning. Waaaaay past my bedtime last night, but worth it. Tommy...you rock! Was hoping for some insurance, but thankfully not needed. CJ was scaring me for a bit there, but Sogard(I think) came off the bag. I realize they had to try, but NO, he was NOT pushed off the bag. That was a big shot in the arm. Didn't see the final out because my tablet or the wifi decided that is when it wanted to hang so I had to reload and missed it.
CJ hads the game 7 10th inning under his belt...he just had to remember to trust the 7 guys behind him. Zobie caught the final out, quite nicely.

EARLY game today folks.upload_2017-9-23_9-16-17.jpeg Today is my Mom's Bday, she would have been 89..she's cheering from above!

ETA: ORLANDO VIEWING AREA~Fox 35 WILL BE AIRING TODAY'S GAME

Here is the righty heavy lineup for class with the Professor today. He had a great game in his Hendo jersey, so Hi Kyle!
9adT5Kc.gif

LET'S GO CUB'S!!!

JHey trying to bank some rest for the STL series(and doesn't hit Suter, unfortunately)~ Brewer's have their version of Kyle in. Need to get run's early and give our pen a break.

Roof open, hot day, tired teams..I say we find a way to keep the Brewers baking out in the field
DKafIAKVoAAROAm.jpg

DKalGB-W0AAgV5E.jpg

Last edited:

3 Cardinal's just landed in my patio bushes....that happened last Sunday right before leaving for the game, that they LOST for the sweep. Hope it's a good sign

Had to share this on Wade....I didn't think this much chill existed
http://www.espn.com/blog/chicago/cubs/post/_/id/45826/wade-davis-had-himself-a-week

I think I like this part best~
“I love it here,” Davis said. “It’s great. The front office is great, so are the fans, but I’m anxious to get to the postseason, then anxious to get home and hunting. I’m not worried about next year as much as I am winning the World Series then shooting a big deer.”

Had to share this on Wade....I didn't think this much chill existed
http://www.espn.com/blog/chicago/cubs/post/_/id/45826/wade-davis-had-himself-a-week

I think I like this part best~
“I love it here,” Davis said. “It’s great. The front office is great, so are the fans, but I’m anxious to get to the postseason, then anxious to get home and hunting. I’m not worried about next year as much as I am winning the World Series then shooting a big deer.”

Well if he wants to win the World Series, he's going to have pitch better than he did today.

I was okay with the BS in the 9th, but the 10th too? Come on dude!!!!!!!!!

Well, today's observation: If J.Wilson has a great games Wade does not, lol. It's o.k. get the blown save outta the way now. Todays game felt like both teams were fighting for the STL cushion more than at each other. Q was pretty good last Sunday, would LOVE to see it again, as Anderson is tough. Robin, please don't let me know if hoping a smidge for the Brewers, lol...we need to finish them and then STL and clinch A.S.A.P. so our guys can get a few days rest. Today in the heat, was brutal on such short rest, Kyle was friggin' fantastic and Happ a great game too. Saw great improvement in his AB's. Willy needs to find his zone again, was on fire before the hammy.
Let's get 'em tomorrow and GO BUCCO'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dex has drivin in 11 RBI's since Sunday..need to shut him down.

You can't win 'em all. I'm just bummed that Davis' bad day was not just a 9th inning hiccup. The blown save was one thing, but the Loss :scared:. Rooting for the Pirates ... it was just "Talk Like a Pirate" day so I say, "Arrrr ... get some runs! Skewer the Dirty Birds you scurvy knaves!"

And NO I was not rooting for the Brewers even the teeniest bit :crazy2:.

You can't win 'em all. I'm just bummed that Davis' bad day was not just a 9th inning hiccup. The blown save was one thing, but the Loss :scared:. Rooting for the Pirates ... it was just "Talk Like a Pirate" day so I say, "Arrrr ... get some runs! Skewer the Dirty Birds you scurvy knaves!"

And NO I was not rooting for the Brewers even the teeniest bit :crazy2:.

LOL... when the Pirate's lost on TLAPD , I posted it's not CHOKE LAPD . Cubs just decided that they would let the Brewers get one to help get thier bleach drinking fan's down from the ledge.
much twitter chatter about Maddon over working Wade ,sending him back in...who else? Hector JUST off the DL and honestly, if any of our guys appears to be able to bounce back from giving up the game, it's Wade. We have Monty, Duensing, CJ and Hector tomorrow if Q doesn't get too far..with Maples, Grimm, even Jen -Ho if it's ANOTHER game if extra's. This entire series has been a pitcher's duel. I would wager that Davis told Joe he's got the 10th. The bat's are politely requested to show up tomorrow tho. STL will be on games 15,16, & 17 against the Brewers with no day off. Brewers get Monday off, still play at home. Tomorrow really IS big (aren't they all) Can't allow Brewers momentum heading into their series with the Reds.
Robin, I know you prefer the Brewers for the WC assuming we can beat them but we actually did decent against the D-Backs on the road and I believe the Cubs will figure out Goldy. I am loving seeing how the Cubs are fighting in THIS series tho..if we make it, Nat's are gong to have a fight on their hands.

great article on Pat Hughe's~

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/...-exhilarated-ride-he-hopes-wont-end-soon/amp/

and I couldn't agree more with these words:

“If we get into the postseason, we can beat anybody,” he said. “I don’t feel intimidated, especially with the Dodgers’ collapse. And Washington, they’ve had their little mini-problems with [Bryce] Harper, [Max] Scherzer missing a couple of starts, [Stephen] Strasburg having some arm issues.

“Every team can be beaten. I’m not saying we will win. I’m smart enough to know that I’m not smart enough to predict baseball. But if we get in, I like our chances.”

Pirate's win! I was nervous as Leathersich was put in to close...CLOSE! Y'all remember him from the brewer blowout on 7/6? I was there, the game Jay pitched, lol. I love Dex, I really do, but only in the off season from now on.
Guess the Cardinal bird's in my bushes this morning were the sign of their defeat ~2 Sunday's in a row :teeth:

update,,,and remember, this chart is to TIE. HUGE day for the Brewers today now...need to shut them down tomorrow. CO currently losing 2-0 @ SD in the 7th~ D-Backs(at home) behind 9-6 to the Marlin's bottom of the 7th

As of tonight~Brewers 4.5 games back of us in second, STL 5 in third. I REPEAT...EVERY GAME HUGE FROM NOW ON OUT~HAVE TO TAKE 5, TOMORROW WOULD BE ONE OF THOSE PREFFERED 5 PLEASE

@rianwatt
DKdKioiXcAAdK-I.jpg

Last edited:
Morning gang~
How about we wrap this up 3-1?

No Javy, Schwarb's, Happ~ at least not starting. Zobie .455 against Anderson, pretty decent lol. Let's hope it continues as our bats have gone cold against Anderson, a lot.

LETS GO CUBBIES! WE NEVER QUIT!!!!!!!

815673568.jpg

Keep it rolling Q!

DKfw7KqVoAI8HnA.jpg

Last edited:
Looking ahead to STL SERIES:

Lester vs Weaver; Tue: Arrieta vs Martinez: Wed: Lackey vs Wacha; Thu: Hendricks vs Lynn

Again, a Rossy moral support visit tomorrow would be most appreciated

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter