Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Oh Quintana!!! Amazing game. Shutout and pitched the full 9 not needing the bullpen. Great job of the guys giving him the run support.

I'm thinking they're seeing the playoffs and starting to get hungry.

Fly the W long and strong!

Edit:Ooh, I got first on page honors as well. :lmao:

Last edited:
In honor of how hot Q was today....a tropical
waialae-country-club-palm-tree-w-990x556.jpg

Q most DEFINITELY wants to go to the playoffs, and as the #3. I gladly eat my words from earlier.

I’m here at Miller Park w daughter. Sending positive vibes !!
You got the W!!!!!!!!!!!! Both you and Robin doing all you can! WOO-HOO!

Zobie...I was hoping you were going to be the bat today! That 2 run bomb deflated them...and Rizzo's 2 run dbl the knife. KB knocking in the 1st run...turns out was all we needed thanks to Q! GREAT defensive grab by JJ2, he was stellar this entire series.

Last edited:
Poor Victor! He's just a kid. I hope he hears from his family soon.
whats super concerning is that is if they can't get there to make contact, they can't get there with water , medical, food etc. I just can't get it off my mind.

from Jesse Rogers, ESPN Staff Writer~

Southern Illinois native Ben Zobrist, on potentially clinching the division in St. Louis this week: "It would be nice to do it there. I'll just say that."
I think that's the most brutal thing I've heard Zobie say, publically.

Some original cropped action shots, courtesy of my daughter... KB’s RBI and last out.

Attachments

• 03458366-8B06-4414-B586-490B7E08ABBA.jpeg
    03458366-8B06-4414-B586-490B7E08ABBA.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 8F71E075-7993-4BB2-A9FE-B3C681F52A60.jpeg
    8F71E075-7993-4BB2-A9FE-B3C681F52A60.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 31
Finally relaxed... feeling like we’re going to get a fair rest before the NLDS.

Looking forward to the discussions : Starting pitching rotation? Where to use Lester, Lackey, Q?

Whose on the bubble for the NLDS playoff roster?

Finally relaxed... feeling like we’re going to get a fair rest before the NLDS.

Looking forward to the discussions : Starting pitching rotation? Where to use Lester, Lackey, Q?

Whose on the bubble for the NLDS playoff roster?
I'm going to start with my personal homage to the magic number...broke out my Theriot jersey

DKh90hzX0AEyk__.jpg

upload_2017-9-24_20-33-23.jpeg

ETA: Before anyone gets on me about Theriot's mouthy comment's in the past...I am ignoring those as his positive moments with the Cubs outweigh his PR motivated mouthing off. Can always go with Tommy...
images
esp given his game winning walk :D

Last edited:
These are awesome! LOVE the one of Willy catching the out! Looks like you guys had awesome seats (or a great zoom lens lol) these shots and the one's Robin always posts are greatly appreciated, lets us feel like we are there!

I'm going to hold off on posting about playoff and pitching thoughts until we see what Lester brings tomorrow....and until the champagne is flowing. I was even nervous to make a magic number post...so it's on me if things get dicey.

I'm going to hold off on posting about playoff and pitching thoughts until we see what Lester brings tomorrow....and until the champagne is flowing. I was even nervous to make a magic number post...so it's on me if things get dicey.

No, it's not on you. You are one of the most superstitious people I've ever seen. I'm fairly certain cardinals landing in your garden or you holding up the number 2 are not going to suddenly make everyone play fantastic or horrible. Even if they were unable to get 2 more, it would be because of baseball not because you posted a picture. Sorry Fin, but I don't think you wield that much power. :rotfl2:

Moving away from our differences and going back to our similarities...the Cubbies are where they are because they are a good(great) team. Dan is in the hall of fame because he was a great QB. Buffet is richer than any of us know because he is a great singer and song writer.

Well, when it comes to superstitions you can thank my family for our part, a bit, for the NLDS comeback in game 4 last year.

We stayed unwaveringly frozen in our varying positions in the room throughout the last inning and when my wife walked in we all gave her the look that she’d better leave right then lest she mess up the mojo. And she did.

And then we won; biggest comeback in the 9th in a playoff clincher, if I correctly recall them saying.

It’s science.

Well, when it comes to superstitions you can thank my family for our part, a bit, for the NLDS comeback in game 4 last year.

We stayed unwaveringly frozen in our varying positions in the room throughout the last inning and when my wife walked in we all gave her the look that she’d better leave right then lest she mess up the mojo. And she did.

And then we won; biggest comeback in the 9th in a playoff clincher, if I correctly recall them saying.

It’s science.
OMG, Sepo, my family is the SAME! I can't tell you how many time's a game was iffy and then turned positive once all of us were in our spots, lol.This info may have Doc rolling his eyes laughing, lol...but the fact that there is a new t.v. commercial out with the guy watching his game change back/forth each time he starts to get up out of his seat (and ends up ordering food from an app I think) tells you more of us than not are superstitious and IT HAPPENS! So , thnaks from this family for the effort of yours!

No, it's not on you. You are one of the most superstitious people I've ever seen. I'm fairly certain cardinals landing in your garden or you holding up the number 2 are not going to suddenly make everyone play fantastic or horrible. Even if they were unable to get 2 more, it would be because of baseball not because you posted a picture. Sorry Fin, but I don't think you wield that much power. :rotfl2:

Moving away from our differences and going back to our similarities...the Cubbies are where they are because they are a good(great) team. Dan is in the hall of fame because he was a great QB. Buffet is richer than any of us know because he is a great singer and song writer.
be careful, Doc...you have no idea the amount of power, karma, juju or vibe I do or do not have lol. That's one reason I try to stay to the side of optimistic. If I ever did have a part in an outcome, I would like it to be from positivity than negativity. I don't find much reason to participate in life if it's just to be miserable, so if I think I did something negative, heck yeah I remember it and it becomes a superstition. It lets me sleep at night (usually)
Also, no cardinal sighting in my patio bushes today..and when Len Kasper had one land on his patio during the last Cub/Card series,& he felt the need to point it out..just sayin'. Maybe YOU want to be the one to tell Theo and Jed to stop ordering thier lucky cake , especially hopefully entering the play-off's? Are you an Engineer -type? My DH is and he tried to get all logical and suck the fun out of our superstitions, but he's come around to how DS and I think now ..crossover to the fun side, Doc!

Last edited:
Here we go with the last week of the regular season!

Tonight would be a fantastic time for Jon to find the corner again....it's his bread and butter that the Cubs can feed from and they need to bulk up!

images
images

Figure some support from Rossy can't hurt.
images

ct-jon-lester-david-ross-world-series-spt-1025-20161024

Gonna be another HOT one tonight..and muggy

LET'S GO CUBBIE'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DKl99t7VAAAlbdu.jpg:large

Learn something every day. I never even HEARD Warren Buffet sing!

(Oh wait...)

And speaking of superstitions - I had one last year and i'll use it again this year:
Old Style!

So how should we set up our rotation for the playoffs? My preference would be Jake, Q, Kyle (really good at Wrigley), Lester, Jake

So, if everyone weren't in their seats and we won or everyone was in their seats and we lost, what would that be? A fan on the other side with more mojo or karma? I'm sorry, I can't believe in fate, karma or mojo when you have someone like Bill Gates that's screwed over more companies and people than there are words to describe. There are many other examples, but that's one. I will never be crazy rich, because I can't screw people over to get there. So, obviously, it wasn't Qunitana's superb pitching that won the game, but rather some Brewers fan that wasnt sitting in the right spot. ;)

And last year, it wasn't that Chapman kept throwing fastball after fastball after fastball and eventually got teed off on. Nope, because someone was in the room or not. Is there a facepalm emoji? :rolleyes: Guess that will have to do.

You can have your superstitions if it helps you sleep at night. Personally I prefer a couple melatonin.

I will agree to disagree...still like y'all and still love the Cubbies even if I think it's a bit :yo-yo:
:grouphug:

Last edited:
So how should we set up our rotation for the playoffs? My preference would be Jake, Q, Kyle (really good at Wrigley), Lester, Jake
I think that tonight is Lester's chance to get that spot. Personally, I would prefer Lackey over Lester if I had to choose today. I think that both Kyle, Jake and Q have all earned their spots.

I think that tonight is Lester's chance to get that spot. Personally, I would prefer Lackey over Lester if I had to choose today. I think that both Kyle, Jake and Q have all earned their spots.
Agreed. Lester has done well most of the season, but here lately, I've been a bit concerned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter