Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Len just said time to kill 2 bird's with one stone, lol.....works for me!

So, if everyone weren't in their seats and we won or everyone was in their seats and we lost, what would that be? A fan on the other side with more mojo or karma? I'm sorry, I can't believe in fate, karma or mojo when you have someone like Bill Gates that's screwed over more companies and people than there are words to describe. There are many other examples, but that's one. I will never be crazy rich, because I can't screw people over to get there. So, obviously, it wasn't Qunitana's superb pitching that won the game, but rather some Brewers fan that wasnt sitting in the right spot. ;)

And last year, it wasn't that Chapman kept throwing fastball after fastball after fastball and eventually got teed off on. Nope, because someone was in the room or not. Is there a facepalm emoji? :rolleyes: Guess that will have to do.

You can have your superstitions if it helps you sleep at night. Personally I prefer a couple melatonin.

I will agree to disagree...still like y'all and still love the Cubbies even if I think it's a bit :yo-yo:
:grouphug:

I bet you have a superstition of some sort hidden in there somewhere, lol

LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, if everyone weren't in their seats and we won or everyone was in their seats and we lost, what would that be? A fan on the other side with more mojo or karma? I'm sorry, I can't believe in fate, karma or mojo when you have someone like Bill Gates that's screwed over more companies and people than there are words to describe. There are many other examples, but that's one. I will never be crazy rich, because I can't screw people over to get there. So, obviously, it wasn't Qunitana's superb pitching that won the game, but rather some Brewers fan that wasnt sitting in the right spot. ;)

And last year, it wasn't that Chapman kept throwing fastball after fastball after fastball and eventually got teed off on. Nope, because someone was in the room or not. Is there a facepalm emoji? :rolleyes: Guess that will have to do.

You can have your superstitions if it helps you sleep at night. Personally I prefer a couple melatonin.

I will agree to disagree...still like y'all and still love the Cubbies even if I think it's a bit :yo-yo:
:grouphug:

C’mon you know it’s kinda not serious in the end. Just different degrees of “kinda” on a scale of 100. I respect for some it’s 0/100. Plus it doesn’t work both ways either. It’s more like the tiniest dash of salt, a butterfly’s wing flap... a meaningless thing until it’s not. Doesn’t hurt to believe in Santa: if you don’t believe you can’t receive.

Well, if we lose tonight, it's because I put a jinx on Fin's mojo which resulted in bad karma and made someone eat juju beans. :rotfl2:

I can have fun too.

To be honest, I had jokingly said I'm going to root for the team I don't want in the superbowl, because it seems every team I root for loses. I don't actually believe that though...I just obviously suck at picking football winners. Fin, that's about as close as you'll see me to being superstitious about something.

images
images

EL MAGO number is
images

Hoping Javy's knee/contusion is ok...:scared: I didn't want him to continue that at bat..and then to run on it~crud

Addie delivering those Nacho's and KB getting firework's are my favorite part's after the
images

While glad Lester looked much better, this game read to me more like the Cardinal's deflated under score more than Lester's pitching. Going down 4 in the first knowing they had no pitching left...stick a fork in them. Trading Leake last month was not SMART on their part. Birdbrain's , lol

Last edited:
the GF gets squashed,, and then left alone all night while Nacho Man sign's nacho trays...then cut out of the selfie by nacho's? Wait..she's in Cubbie blue!?!?
She was in blue, with a red shirt. It was confusing.

Frankly, I'd rather be squashed by Addy than get free nachos but that's just me.

Lester was better but I didn't think he was awesome. He threw a lot of pitches in a few innings, had some command problems again, Card hitters hit him pretty hard.

OMG...Brewers praying for Marlin's to beat CO...and ex Bewer Lucroy just homered in the 9th to tie it! Salt meet wound. Wow!

WAIT..NVM...My mlb was showing "homerun" under the box but Lucroy actually walked...:confused3

Miami wins...go figure, ironically helps the Brewers out.

Last edited:
Just read that rules are that Cubs, if they make it past NLDS, would host Arizona or other WC if that team makes NLCS.

https://www.thoughtco.com/how-mlb-playoffs-work-321331

Hope that’s right.

getting past Scherzer, Strasburg, Gonzalez and Roark (guessing in that order) SHOULD earn us that home fireld advantage, lol. I had high hopes that Dusty was going to burn them out . I hope Javy gets tonight off to give his knee a little more time.

I was following this chart....
http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/new...ox-indians-dodgers/1uqp1yfszr4i01bfwnahu4pnfi

Projected MLB playoff bracket
Here is the projected MLB playoff picture:

AL wild-card game — Oct. 3
No. 5 seed Twins vs. No. 4 seed Yankees at New York

NL wild-card game — Oct. 4
No. 5 seed Rockies (TBD) vs. No. 4 seed D-backs at Arizona

ALDS (best-of-five series) — Oct. 5
Wild-card game winner vs. No. 1 seed Indians at Cleveland

No. 3 seed Red Sox vs. No. 2 seed Astros at Houston

NLDS (best-of-five series) — Oct. 6
No. 3 seed Cubs vs. No. 2 seed Nationals at Washington, D.C.

Wild-card game winner vs. No. 1 seed Dodgers at Los Angeles

ALCS (best-of-seven series) — Oct. 13
TBD

NLCS (best-of-seven series) — Oct. 14

Last edited:
It’s my understanding that the Dodgers (#1 seed) play the Wild Card game winner while the Cubs play the Nats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter