Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

On the radio they were postulating that part of the Scherzer decision was so that he would (corrected) get a game in for sure bc of the risk of a scratch if it rains, like last Friday’s game.

If Atlanta stays dry, another possibility is to play there as a neutral venue. (Braves go to Arizona, and Nationals could stay there). But if they play at a dry neutral venue, there or elsewhere, it’s possible Scherzer would be rescheduled back to Thursday. Small chance. But still.
I think Davey's doing us a solid on Scherzer:thumbsup2

Not sure if there is time to get a neutral site if they haven't done so by now. Who knows. I tweeted that I think Manfred is Trolling the Cub's, but apparently...he chooses to continue to not Adult.

Last edited:
For my W post, a new one for me~

so I saw Robin and her DH on tv tonight singing Go Cubs Go and FLYING THE W!
getPart

I'll let her tell you all about their STELLAR seats!!!!

I can't stop watching the SAVAGE Addie play,& with Bote's reaction...lol~I love this team!

(and I have to take back my comments about Victor a few posts ago~I was SO wrong!!!!!)

Last edited:
I don’t know about you all but I really needed that W last night. :worship: :rotfl:Last weekend all my teams lost. I’d just about sworn off sports...:laughing:

Can’t wait to hear about your seats, Robin!

Also, anyone here in the path of Flo? If so, keep us posted as best as you can. Prayers for all those in the path.

Current forecast has Florence staying south..40% chance of rain in D.C. (@ game time) Sepo, no offense but I hope you're not right about them throwing Scherzer after all~but I bet the rest of the league is begging them too:rolleyes1

while we still wait to hear on the MLB final decision, we know the Cub's will move Friday's game to 4 if they have to go to DC as that is not yet considered a night game, which the city ordinance is being a DBag about.

The Red's(who are hot again) have changed their pitching rotation for our series to Harvey, Reed, Castillo, removing DeSclafani from the original set up :rolleyes:

Rumor mill with a tidbit that a Wrigley North employee has stated there is chatter over there on the Cub/Nat's series being played there, and Brewer fan's hoping to go and root for the Nats.

892F4F70-764A-4882-92FA-BF6C69983140.jpeg EE11A43A-B0EF-41F0-B9BC-3ADC297909A4.jpeg 34E792FD-F3B2-4789-B6D9-47E7FEB7147B.jpeg 66C321E7-F3BE-4CA3-9FEF-8FBA7AA7A258.jpeg 892F4F70-764A-4882-92FA-BF6C69983140.jpeg The game last night was A-MAY-ZING. A friend treated me to the American Airlines 1914 Club last night. Free booze, free food & 3rd row seats just to the left of the advertising on the first base side just out of the view of the fixed camera. FINFAN texted me that she saw me at least once during the game. I have access to last night’s game via FB so I’ll see if I see myself :).

I know I was on TV with my W Flag. No one else around us had one. FTR, I wasn’t with my DH. That was the DH of my friend who invited me :). My DH is still in Anaheim.

View attachment 350514 View attachment 350515 View attachment 350516 View attachment 350517 View attachment 350514 The game last night was A-MAY-ZING. A friend treated me to the American Airlines 1914 Club last night. Free booze, free food & 3rd row seats just to the left of the advertising on the first base side just out of the view of the fixed camera. FINFAN texted me that she saw me at least once during the game. I have access to last night’s game via FB so I’ll see if I see myself :).

I know I was on TV with my W Flag. No one else around us had one. FTR, I wasn’t with my DH. That was the DH of my friend who invited me :). My DH is still in Anaheim.
Sorry David! I was going to say David looks so different after shaving his beard,:rotfl2: The time I saw you during the game was after Cain's SO in the 4th/5th maybe? The camera panned along him almost to the dugout, I knew your shirt right away, but didn't realize you had let your hair grow so did a double take. What an experience!

Just read an article about the guys having to play 30 days in a row. Even Rizzo said he'd really like to spend some time with someone other than his teammates for a day or two.

While rehashing everything I realized today that we have an imaginary extra game lead since we won the season series.

If it’s any consolation.

So really our 2 game lead is 3.

Just read an article about the guys having to play 30 days in a row. Even Rizzo said he'd really like to spend some time with someone other than his teammates for a day or two.

I am totally fed up with MLB that our guys have to go through this. No way should any team have to go 30 days without a break, even the previous 23 days was ridiculous, and just not fair in any way!! Way too many games in a row!

Everything looks like fumes. You can tell the guys have heart, but timing is a split second off... for everyone.

The more I think about it, maybe we really do send the *B Team* afterall and keep everyone else home to rest until Friday evening. Sure, we’ll be tied (or a half game up), but we’ll be rested for the final 2.3 weeks. The Cubs can deliver with those odds.

It’s really not that different than the Mets series finale.

The alternative is being even more exhausted going into Friday. Can we even be certain the plane will be cleared to take off Thursday night?

Everything looks like fumes. You can tell the guys have heart, but timing is a split second off... for everyone. Absolutely! :sad2:

The more I think about it, maybe we really do send the *B Team* afterall and keep everyone else home to rest until Friday evening. Sure, we’ll be tied (or a half game up), but we’ll be rested for the final 2.3 weeks. The Cubs can deliver with those odds. Agreed! Plus, a couple are out with back soreness (Lester & Schwarbs). I assume they will stay home tomorrow, but I'd hate for any of the other injuries to occur due to exhaustion. :(

It’s really not that different than the Mets series finale.

The alternative is being even more exhausted going into Friday. Can we even be certain the plane will be cleared to take off Thursday night? Nope, you never know if the flight will get out of there...que in more exhaustion! I know the storm is supposedly headed further south, but I assume there will be storms in Washington. :yo-yo:

On the radio they were postulating that part of the Scherzer decision was so that he would (corrected) get a game in for sure bc of the risk of a scratch if it rains, like last Friday’s game.

If Atlanta stays dry, another possibility is to play there as a neutral venue. (Braves go to Arizona, and Nationals could stay there). But if they play at a dry neutral venue, there or elsewhere, it’s possible Scherzer would be rescheduled back to Thursday. Small chance. But still.
Ooooooh....that would be good for me!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter