Chicago Marathon 2020 - Dismeet

The Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon runs around the same time, and hasn't been cancelled yet. For those who were planning to drive to Chicago for the marathon and are in the middle of training for it, that race could be a possible backup. It's not the biggest race and doesn't draw crowds, so it may still happen.

I'll probably just go with the refund. Since the qualifying times are pretty easy for us old guys, getting back in shouldn't be too hard if I decide to run it again. It's a great race, but I already ran it once. Time to try to get the rest of the majors.

Yeah I got in on a legacy lottery for Shamrock Shuffle runners (the shorter spring opening race in Chicago.) So I figure best to defer since not sure I'd be eligible for that lottery again or successful in the normal lottery.

I got my entry from an International Tour Group and I'm waiting for them to confirm my options but I'm leaning towards deferring to 2022.

Well, I look forward to the pizza we may share in 2022 if we both are in Chicago at that time. mmmm...future pizza :)

The Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon runs around the same time, and hasn't been cancelled yet. For those who were planning to drive to Chicago for the marathon and are in the middle of training for it, that race could be a possible backup. It's not the biggest race and doesn't draw crowds, so it may still happen.

Never mind. This one got cancelled as well.

I’ll just drive back home and get better food in WI 😉
Brats and cheese curds washed down with a beer from MKE brewing is mighty tasty when in Milwaukee, but in the long run I'll take a Lou's deep dish and a hefeweizen from Dovetail brewing.

Brats and cheese curds washed down with a beer from MKE brewing is mighty tasty when in Milwaukee, but in the long run I'll take a Lou's deep dish and a hefeweizen from Dovetail brewing.
For me I’d much rather have a nice thin crust pizza. We have a ton of great places for that here in WI. So like I said I’ll stick with my thousands of breweries here in WI and skip the deep dish.

For me I’d much rather have a nice thin crust pizza. We have a ton of great places for that here in WI. So like I said I’ll stick with my thousands of breweries here in WI and skip the deep dish.
booo....lol. actually I like thin pizza too, sometimes. But Deep Dish....mmmmmmmmm...I have one place here in Houston and it's a 1 hour drive to it!

Never mind. This one got cancelled as well.

Silver Circle is promoting an October 4th race. They aren't saying it's a marathon, but they're telling people who were previously training for an October 4th race that was cancelled to "keep training". They've got two other marathons in September that they've already got permits for. So for those looking for a southern WI marathon it might be an option.

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 11.52.20 AM.png

It's only a HM, but the Run the Bluegrass in Lexington, KY is still on for October 3. This will be my first year running it, but it routinely shows up in the best HMs around the county lists.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter