Chicken Minstrone

marlasmom

DIS Veteran
Does anyone possibly have a recipe for a hearty chicken vegetable soup (like Minestrone) but with chicken? If anyone wants, I will post my recipe for Minstrone (from the Sunset Magazine soups and stews cookbook) which is a lot of work but wonderful.

I don't have any myself, but I found two recipes which might be what you are looking for:

Chicken Tomato Minestrone

1 can Diced tomatoes with garlic and onion undrained
2 cans Chicken broth
4 Boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2 in
1 lb. pkg. frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower, thawed
1 c Uncooked rotini
1 t Dried basil leaves

In dutch oven combine broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Add all remaining ingredients' return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 9 to 11 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and rotini and vegetables are tender. To quickly thaw vegetables place in strainer; rinse with warm water until thawed. drain well.

I found that one here: http://www.jerry.neely.org/jan/soups/2.html

That one is very easy. If you want one that is more complex try this:

Country Chicken Minestrone

6 cups water
1 cup celery -- sliced
2 medium carrots -- sliced
1 medium onion -- cut in eighths
1 frying chicken (3 to 4 -lb.) -- cut up
1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 bay leaf
1 cup dry elbow macaroni -- uncooked
1 cup zucchini -- sliced
1 can red kidney beans (15.5 oz.) -- rinsed and drained
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley

Combine first 10 ingredients in Dutch oven. Cover; cook over medium heat until chicken is fork-tender (45 to 60 minutes). Remove chicken; set aside. Skim off fat; continue cooking until stock comes to a full boil ( 8 to 10 minutes). Meanwhile, remove chicken from bone. Add chicken, uncooked macaroni and all other ingredients to broth. Cook over medium-high heat until macaroni is tender (8 to 10 minutes). Remove bay leaf.

Got that one here: http://recipecircus.com/recipes/Beanbag/SOUPSandSTEWS/Country_Chicken_Minestrone.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter