Children's hospital emergency room?

Liltx

DIS Veteran
Maybe someone from the area can answer this. Which is the best hospital emergency room close to Disney? Is there a children's hospital? Dd has a large hemangioma over her soft spot that has been know to bleed (actually only once before). It is like cutting a large vein (blood everywhere that won't clot). Looks like someone has been shot, pretty scary. Anyway better to be prepared. Would it be better to drive or call an ambulance to get out of a park?
TIA

Monica

I am not sure if it is the closest but my FL SIL swears by Arnold Palmer Children's Hospital.

We have used Celebration ER. Once you get outside the hates, it's east to orlando. it's about 1/2 a mile on the right.

Arnold Palmer Children's Hospital. It is excellent and equipped for dealing with children in a way that a adult focused hospital is not.

I keep hearing that Arnold Palmer is really good.

That is also the one my DD cardiologist said was the best if we needed anything done. (this was also like 5 years ago also)

I don't know where it is, but if you really need to go there, and it is serious, you would be taking an ambulance and they know where it is

If you are in one of the parks, the best thing to do is ask the nearest CM to call the Rescue Squad immeidately. They are trained paramedics who can render any needed assistance, and if there is a need they can transport you to an Emergency Room (more than likely Celebration Hospital, as Arnold Palmer Hospital for Women and Children is about 25 miles away).

If you are staying at a Disney resort just dialing 911 will again get you Emergency Services. If you are staying off-site, in Kissimmee I would go to Celebration Hospital. If you are in Lake Buena Vista the nearest hospital with an Emegency Room is Sand Lake Hospital, on Turkey Lake Road (West of I-4) between Central Florida Parkway and Sand Lake Road.

Thanks everyone! There is a less than 1% that we would have any problems. She is 13 months now and it has only happened once. Soon her soft spot will be completely closed and we won't have to worry that it will bleed into her brain (well actually around the membrane don't let me overdramatize it). There is more of a chance it would bleed on the plane with the pressure changes than in the parks. One good thing is that we can tell if she is hydrated well as it is connected to the blood supply. It shriveled up like a raisin when she had the stomach flu so we knew before it was too late.

Thanks again,

Monica

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter